PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured it out!!!

Flatcoatluver
01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I have been hurting my brain for the longest time trying to figure out something i can to for my sophmmore project and I finally figured it out!!!
here is what I decided to do..... I am going to buy two feeder goldfish the same color, put one in a bottle with a real plant in it and the other in with just a fake plant and feed that one and my expierment would be to see which one after a couple of months is more colorfulor if they get any brighter and which one act more heltheir. I also have a question can feeder fish eat real aqaurum plants and still survive or will they eat the plants?? Besides that question what do you think is this a good project??

Suki Wingy
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure they can thrive on the plants in the aquarium. You might also have to have several for each incase something happens and one dies...

Alysser
01-10-2006, 04:18 PM
That's a cool idea! Plus, you gain two pets LOL. They can be more colorful depending on food? That's so cool:)

chrissycat21
01-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure that is a good idea as far as keeping them in a bottle.

Once we understand the truth about goldfish, we are realize that we need to provide the proper sized tank for these fish. A 20 to 30 gallon tank is a good choice to begin with. If you want more than one fish, you will need at least 7 to 10 gallons of water per adult fish.

Many people are seemed shocked at the thought of a 55 gallon tank for 6 or 7 goldfish, but that is the minimum that they need. These fish get big and they produce a large amount of waste, so they need a large quantity of water. Also remember that these fish can live twenty years or longer, and will soon become a cherished pet if treated properly.

http://www.goldfishutopia.com/care.php

Flatcoatluver
01-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I am not rushing in to this because we have a month to figure out what were doing, is there any fish I could but it like a size 5 gallon without a filter???

areias
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Bettas are the only fish you can humanely put in something without a filter. You will have to do weekly water changes. Goldfish are very very dirty fish..they likely will not survive.

Flatcoatluver
01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
so what if I will do betta's would that still work.