PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For Lily, Please! UPDATE #2

RobiLee
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
My sister and her dog, Lily, could really use some positive thoughts and prayers. Lily is a 12 year old Westie and she will be turning 13 in March. Lea (sister) has started to notice some signs of Lily's health failing. Lily has been having some potty problems, mostly frequent urination, some shakes, she's been drinking lots of water and not eating for the past couple of days. Lea has also noticed a patch of hair has fallen out. She took Lily to the vet this morning and had some blood work done. Diabetes has been ruled out. Lea did some research on the internet and says all the systems sound like kidney failure. We don't want to jump ahead of ourselves though and are trying to be patient and see what the vet has to say. Lea has had Lily since she was a teeny tiny puppy and Lily means the world to her. I know you all know that feeling and how hard it is to watch our dogs grow older and to have their health decline. Lets hope this is nothing and can be easily taken care of. I would really appreciate some of those Pet Talk Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Lily and Lea, please.

Thanks Everyone!

Here is our girl, Lily. This was taken a couple years ago.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p7c108614b1b44d383f1159eb65e92d23/fb12c220.jpg

Queen of Poop
01-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Lily. I know it is hard, but try not to jump to conclusions, wait to hear from the vet.

caseysmom
01-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Prayers are on the way for Lily.

Anita Cholaine
01-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Prayers on the way for Lily and your sister....

Roxyluvsme13
01-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Poor Lily! Sending thoughts and prayersand hoping for the best.

4 Dog Mother
01-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Prayers coming your way! There were several times in Oreo's last years that we thought she was "in trouble" with her health but she pulled through each time. I guess it is just a part of getting older.

Daisy and Delilah
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Robin this does sound like it might be kidney related. Possibly stones. It's the exact same symptoms my RB Killer had. She went through 4 surgeries for this problem in her 13 years of life. It was heartbreaking. Even with strictly adhering to a special diet and meds it still wouldn't stop coming back. My thoughts and prayers are going out for Lily and Lea. I hope she will be okay :)

Muddy4paws
01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
hope lilly is ok! Westies are tough little dogs she will pull through :)

shais_mom
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
thoughts and prayers on the way for Lily.

JenBKR
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way...

anna_66
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Robin I'm sorry to hear Lily is having problems. I do hope that it's not kidney failure and like Diana said, she'll pull through.
Please let Lea know I'll be saying a prayer for them both.
{{{HUGS}}}

lizbud
01-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Prayers & good thoughts for Lea & her precious Lily.

tatsxxx11
01-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh Robin, I'm so sad to hear this. What a beautiful girl and yes, we all can relate to what your family is feeling:( Sending lots of love and prayers for precious Lily. Hopefully it is something that can be treated easily, Robin. Give her a hug for me next time you see her and please, keep us updated.

Love, Sandra

cyber-sibes
01-10-2006, 06:21 PM
prayers going out for Lily, she's very sweet looking. If it turns out she's having kidney problems, don't despair - I went through my cat's problems with his kidneys this past year, and it's possible to live with kidney problems for quite a long while. just wait for the vet to get back the tests.

pitc9
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Hugs and prayers to you, your sister and to Lily.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I'll be thinking of pretty Lily and your sister.

RobiLee
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Thank you so much for the prayers and kind thoughts. Lea is supposed to hear something from the vet today. I'll let you know what he has to say. Lea says that Lily seems a bit weak. Lily had went to go down the stairs and she faltered a bit so she was afraid to go down them. Poor girl :(

elizabethann
01-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Lily, please get better.

Sending good thoughts & positive vibes your sisters way.

wolf_Q
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
This sounds too familiar. :( Reggie is 12 and will be 13 in march too...he's having the same problems, frequent urination (we have to keep a diaper/male dog wrap on him in the house all the time now), drinking lots of water, shaking, he had some bald spots a while ago too but that went away...has plenty of apetite though. My mom took him to the vet a few months ago and they did tests and didn't find anything wrong, though recently the urinating is getting worse so I've been bugging her to take him back again. I hope everything will be ok with Lily!

ParNone
01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh I just love that lil' face. Prayers and positive thoughts headed to cute lil' Lily. Hope she feels better. Getting old is definitely crappy. At 15+, I just thank my lucky stars every morning, when Murph is his same ole bouncy self, and more or less try to stay in denial that he's not a young pup anymore.

Par...

chocolatepuppy
01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed out for Lea and Lily.

cane_corso_mom
01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
~~~**Prays for Lily**~~~~

RobiLee
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
We still need more prayers and positve thoughts for Lily! The tests came back that it is her liver. Something about the numbers are supposed to be around 50 and Lily's is in the 1000's :eek: :( . Lily had to go back to the dr. early this morning and she will be there all day. She has to have 3 seperate blood tests done through out the day. The doctor is trying to determine exactly what is going on and if there is a treatment. Lily is a part of the whole family and we are all upset. Please keep Lily and Lea in your prayers and thoughts still.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Dear little Lily - prayers heading your way sweetie

Anita Cholaine
01-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Poor lily... :( You're in my prayers...

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Lily will continue to be in our prayers.

Ginger's Mom
01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Prayers and good thoughts going out for Lily.

RobiLee
01-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm going to be visiting Lea and Lily today and I'll try to get some pics of the little cutie.

It is definitely her liver. They aren't for sure what the cause is though. They have decided to treat her with meds and feel like any kind of surgery really wouldn't accomplish anything. As of right now Lily is taking 5 different types of meds. It sounds like she still has good days with some pep and then she has some bad days. She gets diarhea and throws up and has a hard time eating. I think she has lost a few pounds but her weight is holding steady right now. Please continue to keep Lily in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks...Robin

elizabethann
01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I am sending Lily good, positive vibes right now.

Please get well Lily.