PDA

View Full Version : I locked myself out of my apartment...

moosmom
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
My stomach is in knots right now. Yesterday, I was in such a hurry that I accidentally locked my keys in the apartment. I went to the law firm downstairs (one of the attorney's is the landlord) and asked if they had a spare key (Mark said he gave them one). The secretary went into his office and all I could hear was, "I'm busy!!! I don't have the f***ing time to worry about a f**ing key!!!" While I wasn't at all surprized by his obnoxious behavior (I've worked for lawyers for 12 years) I was worried that it would reflect on Mark. His secretary Sherri said she's used to it. :eek: One of the nicer lawyers managed to find a ladder. He climbed up and unlocked one of our windows.

Mark called this morning and asked me when I'd have the rent. I told him I'd have to make 2 installments. I asked him if he was mad at me for locking myself out and involving the a-hole. He said no, it probably would've been better to just call a locksmith and write a check, but I don't have that kind of money. He said it wasn't my fault and he was SURE he'd hear about it from the a-hole when he got home. He also said that he's not sure how much longer he'll be staying in CT, because he's having a difficult time rounding up projects (work) in CT.

I'm also panicking because I didn't expect him back in CT for at least a week or so. Turns out he's coming in either tonight or tomorrow night. :(:( I'm worried that he'll be mad about Molly (I know, my own fault).

Oh well, just needed to vent a little. Will let you know what happens. Why can't my life ever go smoothly???? God's testing me once again!!

JenBKR
01-10-2006, 12:02 PM
(((hugs))) God certainly is testing you, and I know how difficult that can be. You can always come to us for lots of (((hugs))) and to vent ;)

davidpizzica
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Donna, you know there's all the PTers shoulders there for you and you know my
shoulder is just a phone call away. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you always Donna! Love you!

Daisy and Delilah
01-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Gosh Donna. That just plain stinks. Why can't people ever understand that things happen sometimes? Nobody's perfect(including the a-hole extraordinaire). Just remember; what goes around comes around. Stand by to see the a-hole get it back full force. (((((HUGS)))))

ramanth
01-10-2006, 02:59 PM
*HUGS* That's the one thing I love about my apartment. I can't lock myself out because the only lock is the deadbolt.

However, once Andy went home with my keys so I had no way to lock my door!! :eek: I had no emergancy maintence #. So I shut the door, prayed, went to work and when the apartment office opened at 9, I called and asked if a maintence man could lock my apartment for me.

They sent someone over, my dad made a spare key off his spare, dropped it off at my work, and when I saw Andy again, I got my keys back. (Thankfully I had a spare car key in my purse!) The maintence guys at work had to let me in my office.

So I know how you feel. My heart was in my throat thru the whole ordeal.

I'm sure Mark would be fine with Molly.

*HUGS*

Kimmy

K9karen
01-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Gee, nice guy, What goes around, comes around. Poop happens. What's the big deal. Don't give it a second thought. It was a mere mortal accident. It'll be ok...{hugs}
This past Monday, my neighbor locked herself out of her house, along with her 2y.o. granddaughter. It turned out to be a great day believe it or not. Mz. Logan surprised us with her sweet manners around a toddler (she doesn't see wee kids often), I got John to babysit the baby (he loved it and the baby didn't want to leave!) and I got to laugh and share a bottle of vino with my neighbor! for 4 hours until her son came home from work! Too bad you don't live closer...we could have had a great time!