PDA

View Full Version : Cleo's getting spayed -- UPDATE

AlleyCat
01-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh, I know I shouldn't put a :( in there .. Getting spayed will be a good thing for Cleo, I just don't want to see my baby go! I know I will worry about her from the minute I drop her off until I hear from the vet that all is done and that she is fine. Please send your prayers that all goes well tomorrow. In the meantime, here's 2 new pictures of Cleo in December:

Who's there ??
http://chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/Cleo/12190504-cleo-small.jpg

Hi !!!
http://chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/Cleo/12190507-cleo-small.jpg

K & L
01-10-2006, 10:20 AM
There's always concern when they have to undergo any type of surgery, but like you said, this is the best thing for her. Cleo is stunning!

BC_MoM
01-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Good luck, Cleo! Molly's not getting spayed until March but I'm already getting nervous!!

Felix
01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Thats great news.Good luck sweet kitty.

Sonia59
01-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Good luck, sweet Cleo, and don't worry everything will be fine and you 'll be back home soon! Many kisses to you! :) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Awwww, don't worry about Cleo, she will be fine! I know how you feel though, as my Zazou got spayed too few months ago. Cleo will be "shaky" the next day; but then the healing starts. Don't worry :)

Good luck Cleo!! Be a good girl at the white coats, okay?

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm sure that everything will go well so try not to worry too much. Cleo sure is a gorgeous kitten. :)

heidiv
01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Good luck Cleo. Come home as soon as possible so you meowmie will feel better. I know how you feel Chloe was spayed in Nov. They are real good healers at this age though. She will be just fine. I understand how you feel though. :( She will be home soon!

orangemm
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
It's always unsettling when our babies go to the vet's for something 'major' like this. We always worry, but it will be fine and Cleo will be feeling much better in a few days. They always look so pitiful after, but she will be fine once she gets home.

We'll be thinking of you and Cleo!! :) :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Aww it will be ok! Cleo will be just fine. Good Luck!

Chilli
01-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Good luck, Cleo!
Don't worry, I was the same way when Khaith was neutered.
Is she coming home the day of the spaying or the day after? Either way, we'll all be waiting.

catnapper
01-10-2006, 05:23 PM
She'll be just fine... though I do completely understand the worry! I was a bsket case when Flutter went to be spayed a ferwmonths ago.

Good luck Cleo!!!

catmandu
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
There will be a contingent of Cat Momma Angels going with Cleo,to make sure that she will be All Right!
We are adding Our Prayers to the Pet Talkers Prayers for your Beautiful Cat.

kimlovescats
01-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Cleo will be just fine! She sure is a pretty girl! :)

jazzcat
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Best of luck cute Cleo and ((HUGS)) to meowmie. I remember what a nervous case I was when Rocky and Rumor had their day last year. Glad that is done and you soon will be too.

rg_girlca
01-10-2006, 11:01 PM
It's easy for us to say, "Don't Worry" Cleo will do just fine. We've all heard it ourselves when one of our babies was going in to be fixed. But we still worry.

Cleo, you're going to be just fine. A day or two of rest and you will back to yourself in no time. Kisses to you baby girl and ((((((HUGS)))))) for your nervous meowmie.

AlleyCat
01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks to all of you! I will be taking her in early in the morning so I'll post an update as soon as I have news. She's such a sweetie and totally has her daddy wrapped around her little paw, so I know HE's a bit worried too :) (even if he won't say so!)

AlleyCat
01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
UPDATE: Vet just e-mailed me and he said all was good. Said she was dosed up on a little bit of morphine and in dreamland, dreaming of little pink mice :) Everything went fine. I feel much better!

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm glad to hear this wonderful news. :) Will she have to stay overnight or will you be able to pick her up some time today?

AlleyCat
01-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you, Tracy. Cleo is staying overnight. I would much rather have brought her home but they wanted to keep her overnight (standard procedure for them.) I pick her up at 9 a.m. in the morning, I can't wait! She's SOOO playful that this house felt very empty without her today -- the other 3 girls took this opportunity to SNOOZE today LOL :)

Catty1
01-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Even when Cole was neutered, I couldn't bring him home ANY earlier than they said. The vet assistant was very nice, she explained that they want to wait for most of the anesthetic to wear off, otherwise Cole was prone to ataxia.

That means loss of balance, I found out - so I guess they want him in a place without pointy furniture corners and stairs and stuff!

Glad to hear Cleo is ok(hey, switch the letters around you get Cole!). I think your other three will get a bit of extra snoozes even when she DOES get home! :D

hugs

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Happy to hear all went well!

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Glad that shes doing good!

orangemm
01-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm so glad she is fine and that they are taking really good care of her. Now you can rest easy!

You'll be with her soon!! :)

jazzcat
01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear all went well. So now that you have your baby home how is she????

k9krazee
01-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Glad everything went well!!

Laura's Babies
01-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Glad all went well with her spay and it is your job to worry so don't feel silly for doing it. I was a true basket case when Amy had hers to the point that I cried all the day before and that morning of her surgery. With Samanth, I wouldn't let them do hers until I thought she was strong and healthy enough since she was in such bad shape when I got her. She did so well that she came home and did FLIPS all over the living room. She missed playing and went right into play mode and had a blast!

kimlovescats
01-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Glad everything went well! Now take a big sigh of relief! ;)

AlleyCat
01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh, I know !! :) I really do feel so much better now that she's back home. You would think this was my first time -- but this is my 7th spay and it never gets easier. Other than some initial exploring and playing this morning she has slept all day. I'm sure tomorrow she'll be up and about more, hopefully. Thanks for all your well wishes !!

sandragonfly
01-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I swear this isn't your cleo! my echo!!

well I'm trying to believe it's not my echo, he was fixed.. :D

okay, I just got to this, glad hear cleo's big worry little surgery went well, how's she liking back home now?

{{{stritches stritches rewards}}} for the princess cleo!