PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney loved his dog so much that...

lv4dogs
01-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Paul McCartney loved his Shetland sheepdog so much that he had to devote/produce part of a song just for his dog. At the end of the Beetles song "A Day in the Life" he added an ultrasonic whistle, audible only to dogs for his Shetland sheepdog.

Yup, I'm going to buy the cd this weekend & see my dogs reaction. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Really? be interested to find out what happens

JenBKR
01-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Wow that's pretty cool - I never heard that before :D Let us know what happens!

Pembroke_Corgi
01-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Really? That's neat! I know the song "Martha, my dear," was written about his old english sheepdog, Martha.

BC_MoM
01-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Or maybe he's just lieing so more people will buy his CD. lol

Gr.. I want that but I'm not going to spend $10.00+ just to get a few seconds of an ultrasonic song for my dogs. Too bad. :(

Ginger's Mom
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Martha is an Old English Sheepdog, and I am pretty sure that the whistle at the end of "A Day in the Life" is a fact. However, I will also say that I used to play it for my sister's miniature schnauzer, and he never reacted at all (this was like 25 years ago). I have never tried it with Ginger, maybe I will have to dust off those old LPs. :)
Here is picture of Paul and Jane with Martha. :)

lv4dogs
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Or maybe he's just lieing so more people will buy his CD. lol

Gr.. I want that but I'm not going to spend $10.00+ just to get a few seconds of an ultrasonic song for my dogs. Too bad. :(

Well I like the Beetles too so I'm not just buying it for the ultrasonic whistle.

BC_MoM
01-10-2006, 05:16 PM
lol Well, let me know how it goes! Maybe I can find it online somewhere. :)

Lady's Human
01-10-2006, 05:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Day_in_the_Life

The whistle was intended to IRRITATE the owners dog, not played specially to make the dog happy

K9karen
01-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Shame on this old, demented Beatles fanatic..I didn't know about the whistle on Day in a Life and I thought I knew just about everything! :o (I have to play Beatles Trival Pursuit by my lonesome :p :D :D