PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the new 4 door Grand AM GT car

king2005
01-09-2006, 07:55 PM
It came eith the back seat cushon NOT attached..

We have tried everything & just don't understad how it works.

Can anyone help??

Jessika
01-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Are you talking about the ENTIRE back seat or just the side by the seat belts?? Because I have the same problem but ours' came like that from the dealership (it was used though obviously). The hook is just broken so there is no way to fix it on our own, but our friend works as a mechanic at the dealership our car was bought at so we can get it fixed for free :)

king2005
01-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Are you talking about the ENTIRE back seat or just the side by the seat belts?? Because I have the same problem but ours' came like that from the dealership (it was used though obviously). The hook is just broken so there is no way to fix it on our own, but our friend works as a mechanic at the dealership our car was bought at so we can get it fixed for free :)

ya its the part your butt sits on... there are 2 black plactic hooks under the seat, but we just don't understand how on earth they work.

ramanth
01-10-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a Grand Am SE and I have no clue. My parents have the GT and dad works for GM so I'll ask him and see what he says. :)

lv4dogs
01-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh if only I could remember. I've got a 4 door, 97' grand am, and have had the back seat out a few times (for stereo & car alarm installations).
IF I remember correctly, you have to hook in one set of hooks firts (the back or the front) then the other side (tha back or the front) just locks into place with some forece-full pushing. IF I remember right. lol

king2005
01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone :)

The guys got angry at the seat & the Kia dealer showed them how to do it heheh