PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Eating Pellets!

areias
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Since I've gotten my cockatiel, I've looked into a lot of different information regarding them. Most sites I've visited recommended the use of pellet diets versus seed diets. So I bought a small bag of cockatiels pellets about 3 days ago, and have been trying to switch him, keeping his feed dish full of the pellets, but adding some seeds on top so he won't starve himself, but he really wasn't interested at all. I was in my room about 10 minutes ago, and I heard a lot of crunching-he was chowing down on the pellets! Whoo hoo! I'm excited. Now I just have to figure out how to get him to eat his veggies...:) Just had to share my good news. I'll have some more pictures in a seperate post either later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon. :)

My Peanuts
01-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I know how excited you are. Getting my tiels to eat pellets was a big headache. An all pellet diet is good, but seeds and fresh foods are necessary too.

crazy_caique
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I never had a problem getting my 'tiel Emmy to eat veggies and pellets.But I have heard it is hard.I had her on seeds for a month then I read about pellets and I got Zupreem pellets and she eats them like crazy.She gets seeds as treats. :)