PDA

View Full Version : Desperate plea for prayers

Queen of Poop
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
For my sweet, white ferret Miko. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow morning for exploratory surgery to see if there is anything the vet can do to fix my sweetie, if not he will be PTS.

See my other post on Miko for photos and the "whole" story.

:( :( :(

caseysmom
01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I am sorry I just saw this after reading your post on the dog side, of course prayers are on the way.

k9krazee
01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Miko ((((((Hugs)))))))

My Peanuts
01-09-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm so sorry. Prayers are on the way.

ComedyDevil
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Prayers and good thoughts being sent from across the pond ... :)

chocolatepuppy
01-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I will keep Miko in my prayers. {hugs}

Karen
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Prayers for Meeko!

Toby's my baby
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way for Meeko!!

Queen of Poop
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Thank you so much everyone. He's in surgery now and I'm trying to hold it together.

luvofallhorses
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Prayers going out to Meeko! (((hugs)))

Queen of Poop
01-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Miko is waking up from his surgery. He's not out of the woods yet, but he's still with us. Following is the list of what they found/did:

Removed 800 ml of fluid - 3 cups worth
Biopsied: tumor on pancreas, cystic pouches on liver, lymph nodes and the weird growth they found near his intestines.

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts/prayers for my sweet Miko. I can't wait to go get him. :)

My Peanuts
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Hopefully they can find the problem and fix him up. Prayers are still coming!

How old is Miko?

Queen of Poop
01-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Hopefully they can find the problem and fix him up. Prayers are still coming!

How old is Miko?

I hope they have the biopsy results very soon so we know what to do next. Miko is 5 years old. Ferrets generally live to be 7-8.

Karen
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Give him a good snuggle from us, too! *Smooches* to that ferret face!

crazy_caique
01-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Prayers on the way for you and Miko.

My Peanuts
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
How is Miko doing?

Queen of Poop
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
How is Miko doing?

He is recovering from the surgery. Waiting for biopsy results.

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Good Luck Miko! Major Prayers for you!

chocolatepuppy
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I hope Miko is doing well. I will keep him in my prayers. :)

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I hope Miko is still with us & is improving. He's still in my thoughts & prayers!

CathyBogart
01-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Sending good thoughts for Miko. When will you know? I know the waiting would be absolute torment for me...

sandragonfly
01-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm still waiting too.. I don't remember how many times I've peeked into this.

you gotta make it, ya hear me, sweet miko! we've been pulling by you and we don't want that to stop one day now. :(

lv4dogs
01-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Miko is still in my prayers. I've been thinking about him & you often. hope hes on the mend. hugs

Roxyluvsme13
01-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Miko is still in my prayers. I've been thinking about him & you often. hope hes on the mend. hugs
Same here. How is he?

Queen of Poop
01-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Miko has cancer. :(

Roxyluvsme13
01-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry :(. Poor Miko! I'll be sending Extra Prayers that he will beat it....(((HUGS)))

crazy_caique
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh my!I am so sorry about Miko. :( My prayers are with you.

chocolatepuppy
01-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry. :( I will keep Miko in my prayers. {hugs}

Queen of Poop
01-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks everyone. He's refusing food now. I'm syringe feeding. :(

Roxyluvsme13
01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Cmon Miko, Eat sweet boy. (((HUGS))) and Prayers.

Queen of Poop
01-16-2006, 09:17 AM
So I syringe fed Miko every time he was awake yesterday. This morning when I came downstairs and changed their water bowl he got up and had a big drink. While I prepared the meds he went to the kibble bowl and helped himself to a little breakfast, then another big drink of water. Then he had his meds, none too happily. I hope this is a good sign.

I got him out of the cage last night and wrapped him in a nice, cosy towel. I cuddled him on the couch, talked to him, cried all over him, told him how much I loved him and about all the pet talk people who wanted him to get better. He must have gotten too much loving cause he started to squirm, so I put him down on the floor. He ran behind the TV to ensure his toys were still there. Then he proceeded to chew on a tennis ball. When he was done playing I hugged him, cried on him a little more and put him back to bed. He is just the sweetest creature ever.

k9krazee
01-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Glad hes eating and playing a bit ((((Hugs)))) to sweet Miko :(

lv4dogs
01-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh no, poor sweet Miko.

Are you going to do any sort of Chemo on him? Or doesn't the Dr. think he would be a good candidate?
Did the vet say how much of the tumors he got out of Miko? Or did he just take samples of each tumor?

I wish yous only the best.
Come on Miko, keep up the good work. You sure are a trooper. We love you!

Queen of Poop
01-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh no, poor sweet Miko.

Are you going to do any sort of Chemo on him? Or doesn't the Dr. think he would be a good candidate?
Did the vet say how much of the tumors he got out of Miko? Or did he just take samples of each tumor?

I wish yous only the best.
Come on Miko, keep up the good work. You sure are a trooper. We love you!

The vet only had the early lab report on Friday, they should have the full report early this week so will have a better idea of how far the cancer has gone. When I spoke with the vet Friday they felt confident they had taken out all of the tumor that they had found. But suspected that there is more involvement that just the intestinal growth, so again we have to wait for the full analysis of the 4 biopsies. Suspicion is that the lymph nodes are also involved. So I try to patiently wait for the full results and the vets recommendation on a go forward plan.

Logan
01-16-2006, 01:42 PM
I will keep Miko in my prayers. He sounds like a wonderful boy. :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Poor Miko. I hope he gets better, but glad he played and ate a little. Prayers still coming his way.

petslover
01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Prayers are on the way for sweet Miko

lv4dogs
01-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Mikos still in my prayers, as you are too. hugs

My Peanuts
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Miko.

I do think it's a very good sign that he is eating and drinking on his own. Miko and you will be in my prayers.

Queen of Poop
01-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Everyone, please sit down before you read further.

Ok. I talked to the vet late yesterday. It is truly the worst news. Miko has cancer. It is a rotten cancer that will cause him to bleed internally. Little tumors will crop up on his blood vessels and cause them to seep and leak. The vet believes that Miko has less than 4 weeks to live.

I couldn't post last night, I was too upset.

Miko is ok for right now. I'm giving him lots of hugs and kisses. He had a drink this morning, but was not interested in the fresh food. He did take his meds and a syringe full of chicken soup. :( :( :(

My heart couldn't possibly hurt anymore than it does right now. Thanks for your thoughts and kind words.

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh sweet Gayle, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear the bad news.

Be thankful at least that you have some answers and that you still have each other. Cherish every moment with him. I am glad to hear that he is doing good otherwise. That is great news.

Oh dear pet god, please save Miko from any pain while he is here with us & forever more. Let his last moments be filled with joy, love & happiness just as he has experienced his whole life through. When the time comes please make his journey to the bridge a safe & peacful journey. But for now lets all celebrate that the little guy is our friend and in Gayles case, may he be a very best friend.

We love you sweet Miko.

{{{hugs}}} Gayle. If theres anything I can do or if you just want to talk or vent I'm here for you.

Yous are in my prayers,
Sue

Logan
01-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Please be strong for Miko and don't allow him to suffer for a minute. Bless his heart, and yours.

My prayers will continue.

Logan

poofy
01-17-2006, 09:46 AM
:( Im so sorry to hear this and my heart is with both of you :(

Queen of Poop
01-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Please be strong for Miko and don't allow him to suffer for a minute. Bless his heart, and yours.

My prayers will continue.

Logan

Trust me, the moment Miko takes a turn for the worse we will be at the vet and he will be sent on his journey to the RB. He is far too sweet a boy to be allowed to suffer for a moment. The vet understands this is how I feel and is on standby any time for my call. I firmly believe in doing what is in the best interest of any of my furkids first and foremost, my heartbreak and tears come secondary. Miko and I thank you for your prayers.

racing_gurl07
01-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Poor Miko! Prayers are with you! :(

How old is Miko?

sandragonfly
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
racing-gurl, it says "Miko is 5 years old. Ferrets generally live to be 7-8." on the first page. sometimes we read too fast! :)

qop...oh dear, I'm soo sorry to find this. :( I have had three-six ferrets taken care of for a few years but not one of them had this issue like our little poor sweet miko so I don't know what else to offer... I'm with lvdogs, I'm here for you and have our hugs as much as you need! - grab every cherished moments you can be with miko.

miko, sorry not any of my words for how sorry I am can extend your life. . . I sure hope whoever said you had four weeks left is wrong(too short). for you, I'm not giving up praying for a miracle in any way - maybe for a day, you eat like a lion! - sigh, :( I just wish you didn't had a cancer but glad it was found so everyone can be in comfort and will be ready for you to go peacefully if needed at the soonest.

I hope both of you will have some more best moments together and know you both are in my thoughts! {{{stritches}}} and (((hugs)))

Queen of Poop
01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Poor Miko! Prayers are with you! :(

How old is Miko?

Miko is 5 years old.
Ferrets should live to be 7-8 years of age.

midget gem
01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
:( Sorry to hear about Miko, hope he gets better soon!

My Peanuts
01-17-2006, 02:06 PM
I am truly sorry. I know how much you love Miko. Bless you for being strong enough to know when to do the right thing. Cancer is such an evil thing. At least we have to option to stop our pets misery should it occur. I am so sorry. If you need anything please let me know.

Daisy and Delilah
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Miko is a very beautiful little boy. I'm so sorry to hear he is sick. My thoughts and prayers are coming to you and Miko :(

Roxyluvsme13
01-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh no...Poor Miko. I am hoping for the best for him, and I'm sending him some major prayers right now. (((HUGS)))

wehee=)
01-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Prayers and Great loving thoughts are on their way for Miko <3

midget gem
01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Poor Miko,
I hope he's ok. Prayers are on the way.

dab_20
01-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Miko, sweetie, get better. I really hope they find a way to fix your little boy!

Always good thoughts and prayers!