PDA

View Full Version : Penn and Teller on PETA

ramanth
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I remember those MSU bombings... I had no idea at the time why... scary.

*warning* language and possibly upsetting images...

http://www.wimp.com/petaprotest/

Allecto
01-09-2006, 02:24 PM
You should probably put a warning with that video... language, and some potentially upsetting images.Just so people are forewarned.

I love that video, mostly because I loathe PETA. P&T's info isn't totally on the level, but it is pretty frightening how little they had to apply hyperbole to or tweak to make it look bad.

Spyro420
01-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I looove penn & teller, I watched this PETA episode on tv. Against abuse, neglect, etc - great. but I don't understand the minds of the extreme supporters of PETA.

Corinna
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Un beleiveable. I knew there was some lousy things about them , but so underhanded. It's as bad as what they used to do to us in our taxidermy shop. My kids would answer the phone (12,14 at the time) And just say the most out ragus things calling us killers and all kinds of stuff .I finally had to stop letting the kids answer and I kept a whistle by the phone and blew the he$$ out of it when they started. the calls stopped after about 6 times.

Suki Wingy
01-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Corinna you should have reported that!

Allecto
01-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Un beleiveable. I knew there was some lousy things about them , but so underhanded. It's as bad as what they used to do to us in our taxidermy shop. My kids would answer the phone (12,14 at the time) And just say the most out ragus things calling us killers and all kinds of stuff .I finally had to stop letting the kids answer and I kept a whistle by the phone and blew the he$$ out of it when they started. the calls stopped after about 6 times.

Not to jack the thread, but you have/had a taxidermy shop? Is there a thread floating around here with any pics? I would love to see.

jackie
01-11-2006, 06:01 AM
:rolleyes:

ramanth
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Not to jack the thread, but you have/had a taxidermy shop? Is there a thread floating around here with any pics? I would love to see.
Me too! My dad has two deer heads. They look nice, but they messed up on the 2nd one. (Used the wrong size mount so the deer looks smaller than it is and it's facing the wrong way) Still bothers dad to this day.

lizbud
01-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Me too! My dad has two deer heads. They look nice, but they messed up on the 2nd one. (Used the wrong size mount so the deer looks smaller than it is and it's facing the wrong way) Still bothers dad to this day.

I'll bet the deer wasn't too happy with it either.... :D :D

ramanth
01-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I'll bet the deer wasn't too happy with it either.... :D :D
Maybe not, but he was good eatin'! :D :D

WolvesRawk
01-15-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't know, PETA.org does have a few good points.(Such as stuff about factory farms and some entertainment animal stuff.) They're sorta crazy though. (Taxidermy is ok just because it's hunted, not raised on a factory farm.)