PDA

View Full Version : I think a kitty asked me for help today...

Kirsten
01-09-2006, 11:57 AM
...and I feel I let her down. :(

It was when I drove to the pharmacy. As soon as I got out of the car, I heard a pitiful voice. It was a cat sitting next to the car, and it cried and came to me. It was a tabby of Luna's size (so it's definitely no stray), and it had a thick fur, obviously used to the outdoors.

Inside the pharmacy, I asked the pharmacist if she knows about the cat, and she said its family would live upstairs; and that the kitty is used to be outdoors. But usually the cat wouldn't talk to people. I asked if we could ring at the kitty's family's door, but the entire appartment was dark, as if nobody's there. So, there wasn't much we could do for that kitty. I asked the pharmacist to keep an eye on that cat, and left (while the kitty talked to me again).

Guess there wasn't much else I could do, but I feel kind of bad about it, as if I have let the kitty down... :(

Kirsten

catnapper
01-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't think you let her down. Maybe she was just saying hi to you, recognising a true kitty lover. You did what you could do at that time, which is much more than anyone else would ever bother doing.

catmandu
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Its certainly not you Kirsten,but the Dumpkophfs that would let thier Katze wander about outside,where he could be hit by a Car.
You did waht you could,theres not much else you could do.

kimlovescats
01-09-2006, 12:07 PM
I understand how you feel Kirsten, and I would feel the same. But what Catnapper said is right!

hugs,
Kim

Kirsten
01-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, maybe you're right and the kitty just wanted to say hi, but to me it sounded like "I'm out here in the cold, please help me!" (we have temperatures below zero right now). She looked so unhappy!

Kirsten

G535
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Could you go back and check on her or is it a very long way? Maybe the owner has gone away and forgotten the poor cat.

orangemm
01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Poor little thing out in the cold! How cruel people can be. I hope she's all right.

Sonia59
01-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Poor little kitty! May be the owners let her outside in the morning when they left to go working, and the kitty wass looking for someone to open the door of her house :(

orangemm
01-10-2006, 04:46 AM
I awoke in the middle of the night thinking of this poor baby out in the cold. :( :(

K & L
01-10-2006, 10:21 AM
You could always go back and check on her?? Hopefully she was just making conversation with you and is a well taken care of kitty.

Kirsten
01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry that I got so many of your worried about the kitty, but I had to think of it a lot, too.

I passed by the pharmacy a couple of times today, and I didn't see the cat. Hope he/she is back inside - safe and warm.

Kirsten