PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this is wrong

griffinchet
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't know if this is wrong but......I live alone and sometimes i am sleep ,and very ill. I want to teach my dog to be friendly ,but then again I am not a very healthy so I need her to be kind of protective. Do you think it's wrong to teach her how to sik ,or just bark like shes going to attack just in case I am in harms way. :confused:

buttercup132
01-08-2006, 07:05 PM
if you love your dog and make a strong bond she will protect you no matter what, no training needed just lots of love and tlc, she will most likely put her life on the line just to save yours

Alysser
01-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I agree.

griffinchet
01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
if you love your dog and make a strong bond she will protect you no matter what, no training needed just lots of love and tlc, she will most likely put her life on the line just to save yours

I don't know if she will know if I am in trouble or not. She is a very friendly dog ,and i am scared to let her outside alone due to that she runs to anyone she meets. I want to know how to make it where she isn't so in danger of getting doggy knapped.

poofy
01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
WELCOME to PT...
Yes a strong bond is all you need..hope you get well and do better..

griffinchet
01-08-2006, 07:09 PM
WELCOME to PT...
Yes a strong bond is all you need..hope you get well and do better..

Thank you!!! :p

Alysser
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
You shouldn't let your dog run around outside a yard unsupervised. In your case, you can't supervise her. Don't let her out then. This will just result in getting hit by a car,lost,dog napped,ect.

griffinchet
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
You shouldn't let your dog run around outside a yard unsupervised. In your case, you can't supervise her. Don't let her out then. This will just result in getting hit by a car,lost,dog napped,ect.

Oh I never let outside the gate.

Alysser
01-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay, then just let her outside in the yard. She won't be dog napped then if there is a fence. Be sure to sit by a window to supervise.

buttercup132
01-08-2006, 07:13 PM
ya i wouldnt leave her unsupervised, especially as a puppy, and especially in a unfence yard, if you dont want her to get dognapped then dont do stuff liek that with her.

Karen
01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
She could be dognapped even if there is a fence, so always watch when she's outside, especially as she's such a little girl! A 6-month-old St. Bernard couldn't be tucked under someone's jacket like your precious Diamond could be. She will instictively protect you, that you do not have to worry about. You can teach her to "speak" on command, if you want her to bark up a storm if someone suspicious is nearby, but, especially given that she is a Yorkie, I bet she will anyway.

No dog should be taught to "sic' except in very specialized training, like police dogs get.

To give you a grin, I knew one Yorkie, Henry, who would let anyone into his house (we were invited guests, of course), but had to be held when people left, as he would otherwise bite people to keep them from leaving! Thankfully, he was with a couple that understood him, so no tragedies resulted!

griffinchet
01-08-2006, 07:54 PM
People say about the typical Yorkie ,but mine is so much diffrent. Diamond won't bark at you,bite you. She is so friendly whoever comes up she leaves to go greet them with licks ,and jumpings. She such a sweet heart.