PDA

View Full Version : A little color to brighten your day!

jazzcat
01-08-2006, 12:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/cat13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/cat14.jpg

This is Scout in a new bed I made. She's laid claim to it so I keep in on the couch to add a bright spot to the room on these gloomy winter days.

Hope my little orange girl brightened your day! :)

Laura's Babies
01-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I LOVE those beds and so do all the kitties I have made them for. They just seem to KNOW that it is for them. I love the colors in that one, did Scout choose the fabric or did you? (As I am sure you remember, Amy has her favorite print and will accept nothing less) Scout sure seems like she is enjoying it too. Makes me want to take a nap... a cat nap, of coarse.

kimlovescats
01-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Awww, there's our pretty Scout!!!! :D That is a pretty and bright bed, Lori ... no wonder Scout loves it! ;)

Sonia59
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow, it is a nice bed! Glad to see the Scout loves it! :)

You are so colorful Scout, and this bed suits you very much! :)

Randi
01-08-2006, 01:38 PM
What a wonderful bed, and the colours suit Scout very well. He looks so proud in it. :D

Felix
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
A pretty bed for a pretty girl. :D You look so cozy.

Wow :eek: meowmie you sure do an awsome job on making those colorful beds.It is beautiful.Do you make those to sell or just for your babies.I always wanted to try my hand in making one of those,are they hard to make?I guess you use a handy sewing machine too huh.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Just what I needed to brighten up my day and make me feel better!!! THANKS!!! :D

orangemm
01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
What a beautiful cat in a beautiful new bed! The colors are very pretty and Scout's are very becoming, too! :D

Are those beds hard to make?

momcat
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Seeing adorable Scout on her nice new bed certainly did brighten up the day! Hey there Scout, is there enough room in your new bed for your PT fans to crawl in there with you for a snugglefest?

Uabassoon
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I love the colors of the bed and Scout looks so great lying in her new bed.

Vermontcat
01-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Scout looks very flashy on her new bed. :)
Does she allow any of the other cats to lay it in or is it just hers?
I would love to see photos of the other cats in it too, especially Jazz.

Cubby'sMom
01-08-2006, 04:14 PM
It sure brightened my day! Scout looks so cute on that bed you made, which is beautiful by the way. I have no idea how to sew or sticth or anything :o and I never will, so I always admire the work of a sewer or craftsman.

jazzcat
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone. Actually no other cat but Rumor has shown any interest in that bed. I think I overstuffed it and it's too much for the rest of the gang.

Felix and Orangemm - I was taught how to make the beds by Laura's Babies. They are pretty easy but you need a sewing machine. I'm not too good at sewing but I find these beds to be fairly easy. I've made 20+ of them but given most away. In fact my sister asked me to make her some for Christmas for her two cats and two dogs.

Several people here have learned to make them. If you want to see a tutorial on how to make them click here (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=70758&highlight=condom+tutorial) .

catmandu
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Theres something about Scout that says to me,that this is MY Bed,and everyone better stay clear.
She has a real propieratory air about her.
MY BED!!!!!!

catnapper
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM
That surely did brighten my day and make me smile! Allen passes along a few headbumpies to his main girl! :D

bluekat
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
aw so cute! I love it :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Scout looks so cute in her new brightly colored bed. I love it. :) I'm not good at sewing either but I've also learned how to make these beds. Once you've made a few it gets easier. ;)

jenluckenbach
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Scout you look lovely in that colorful bed. :D

rg_girlca
01-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Lori..... :) Good to see you back from your busy schedule. Hope things have eased off for you a bit and that your dad is doing better.

When I saw that first picture, I was like, "WOW!!!!!" That is such a bright bed and Scout makes it look even more beautiful. :D

orangemm
01-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Well, I have a machine, lots of fiberfill & batting and will check my fleece inventory! My boys would LOVE these!

Thank you for the link; this is definitely something 'doable'! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Scout looks soooo adorable on that bed. The bed colors really bring out the orange in her fur...

SUCH A CUTIE!! :D