PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard harmful?

.sarah
01-07-2006, 02:04 AM
I was just thinking about this. This morning I woke up to a chewed up vacuum end (of course my parents brand spankin' new vacuum -- puts me out probably a few hundred :() and a chewed up cardboard box. I thought that last night I would test Nova's ability to be out of the crate, but I still blocked off half of the room. Guess what I blocked it off with? Yep, a vacuum and a few boxes. Stupid me :rolleyes: Anyway, she got a good bit of cardboard, and I was just wondering if it's harmful. I may call work tomorrow. I don't know why I didn't think to ask today, I had her there for a bath too!

So, basically it will be a looong time before she is out of the crate during the night. Last time I let her out I blocked her off with an x-pen, and that way okay. But obviously she's still a chewer and will try new things, because I even had a nylabone handy in case she decided to chew.

I haven't told my mom yet about the vacuum. I'm terrified. She loves that thing so much :( Oh yeah, and it was very expensive. I'm doomed, basically. :( :(

jackie
01-07-2006, 04:42 AM
cardboard is basically compressed paper which will breakdown in her stomach pretty quickly. I don't think it is anything to worry about, unless she ate some tape off of the box or anything.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I'd be more worried about her eating the vacuum than the cardboard. Hope she feels okay. As far as I know, though, cardboard isn't too dangerous.

Sorry to hear about her destroying that stuff! :( We've had Adele for 2 years and she still isn't trustworthy while we're gone, we have to crate her. She just finds the most ridiculous things to get into. One time while we were gone and trying to let her have some freedom, she got a black ink cartridge (from a printer) and chewed it up all over my nice rug!! :mad: I was very upset....not only for the rug, but I was worried she might get sick from ingesting some ink. Luckily, most of it was on the rug and on her paws and she was fine.

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 03:02 PM
I hope u dont get in too much trouble! i dont think the cardboard should have hurt her...

.sarah
01-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks guys! She barely got any of the vacuum, but of course it was just enough to ruin it :( I wasn't mad though, it was my fault.

cali
01-07-2006, 05:49 PM
no worries lol Perky is a cardboard and paper eater, she eats that kind of stuff nearly everyday(she loves these things, she will sneak around reach up snatch and run)