PDA

View Full Version : Armed Men Steal Cat

QueenScoopalot
01-06-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5823941/detail.html
:confused: :eek: :(
Police: Armed Men Steal Cat

DALLAS -- Two armed men pulled off a different type of robbery New Year's Day, according to Dallas police.

The men walked into the PetCo location at the intersection of Buckner Boulevard and Garland Road in East Dallas and walked out after stealing a cat at gunpoint.

Police are reviewing security camera video, which captured images of the men who took the cat.

The cat, named Simon, was available for adoption at the store. Investigators said at least one of the men displayed a firearm and told a clerk to "hush."

No one was injured in the incident, although police said the men face serious charges.

Max Geron, of the Dallas Police Department, said the crime was a first-degree felony and that the perpetrators, if convicted, face up to 99 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The men took only the cat and did not escape with money.

No arrests have been made in the case and the robbers remain at large.

AmberLee
01-07-2006, 01:54 AM
:eek: OMG! :eek:

Sorry, that is unbelievable!!! :eek:

jackie
01-07-2006, 01:58 AM
I wonder if that was a former family pet that they wanted back? Too strange!

Miss Z
01-07-2006, 02:28 AM
I hope that cat is OK, and i hope these people get punished for what they did:eek: :mad:

Alysser
01-07-2006, 07:58 AM
That means they still have Simon? OMG! Poor kitty:(

QueenScoopalot
01-07-2006, 09:12 AM
If I were the rescue group who was doing adoptions, I'd take a close look at who was denied adoption of Simon. It sounds to me as though somebodys kid or girlfriend may have wanted the cat, and was denied him. :confused: I sure hope Simon is not being harmed. :(

moosmom
01-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I sure hope Simon is not being harmed

That was my very first question. I truly hope that Simon will be okay and they catch these guys.