PDA

View Full Version : OT: A bit shook up...

AmberLee
01-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I ran some errands this morning, and after the last I was sitting in my parked car looking stuff over to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. (Well, I forgot the 12 large manila envelopes, grr, but that's not the point.) My car suddenly lurched forward and I looked around thinking we were having an earthquake starting... In my rearview mirror there was a red sedan WAY too close. The car pulled forward and I thought was pulling into another parking space to talk/assess damage, but the driver continued out of the parking lot and down the street. I have red scrape marks on my bumper and two scratches -- the longer one at least 2 inches. I can't believe the number of hit-and-runs that people have been telling me about lately and now I'm victim to another! GRRRR. :mad:

Basically I'm fine, but annoyed and have a headache. Some people!

catmandu
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
What has become of peoples sense of pride and responsibility?
Thats a gutless thing to do,to hit someone and run away.
And to not even see if you were hurt,what an Irresponsible thing to do.
We are glad that you are all right.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
That truly sucks. :( But as long as YOU are okay, be thankful.

moosmom
01-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm glad you're okay. Did you by any chance get the license plate number??? Is it possible that the other driver didn't realize he hit you??

kimlovescats
01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm so sorry!!! Glad you are ok though!

HUGS,
Kim

Uabassoon
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm happy to hear that you're ok. I can't believe that there are people that would do that.

AmberLee
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
It all happened so fast. :( I know, it's cliche... but it did. I only got a portion of the plate. :(

I guess it's possible, but I would think they've felt as much of a bump as I did. My mom tells me to assume they didn't realize it, or I'll become bitter. (Too late! Well, not really, but it is discouraging.)

Thanks for all your warm wishes!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I've had a few hit and run accidents before too. I'm just glad that you're okay and that you're still able to drive your car. :)