PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Pet Talk Calif. Bbq

Pages : [1] 2 3

gini
01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
The House of Orange cordially invites you to attend the 4th Annual Pet Talk BBQ in California.

WHEN: SATURDAY, JULY 22ND, 2006

WHERE: LOS ANGELES

TIME: 2:00 P.M. (no one pays attention to this - they even arrive in the middle of the night.)

R.S.V.P. TO GINI - IN THIS THREAD.

gini
01-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I am really going to need everyone's help that attended last year, so that I don't forget anything.

For starters...........

1. Call Roto Rooter week before guests arrive.
2. Purchase large supply of soap to wash out Julie's pants.
3. Tell neighbors to expect just about anything.

RICHARD
01-06-2006, 04:30 PM
R.S.V.P? or S.T.F.U? ;)

slick
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh crap....that's the day of the Humane Society Dog Wash....do I have to chose again this year???

Note to Gini.....shave legs at least 4 days before bbq..... :D
Note to all.....take out breasts sooner so they thaw in time..... :eek: :D

gini
01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Okay, so the date has changed to a week later!

It is now Saturday, July 22, 2006!

Heaven forbid we have dirty dogs in Vancouver and it is my fault! :D

RICHARD
01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Heaven forbid we have dirty dogs in Vancouver and it is my fault! :D

this sounds like a "private" conversation....I'll bow out!!

slick
01-06-2006, 05:35 PM
**gets down on knees and bows down **

I am not worthy
I am not worthy

I just called to confirm the dog wash date and I'm correct. For you to change the date on my account says volumes. **sniff** On behalf of all the dogs whose privates I will wash, I thank you. Gini, I'll email you later. Work calls.

xoxo

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2006, 05:37 PM
4. Notify Fire Department to have their best looking subjects....eeerrr....men...working that day.

Slick, I'm confuzzled, I can't "take out" my breasts, so does that mean I have to arrive in sunny SoCal a week ahead of time to layout in the sun so they thaw properly? :confused:

RICHARD
01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
What dows STFU stand for? :eek: :confused:

LOL,

Can I tell this story????? :) ;) :eek: :o

Actually,

It's Julie/Catland's husband's fault...

He drove her to the party. :eek:

--------------------------------------

why do I feel that this thread is rapidly spinning out of control?

Uabassoon
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I really hope I can make it out there again. I'm not sure yet of Alexa' plans for the summer. I know she'll be going overseas again but she hasn't set a date yet. I wouldn't be able to drive it alone, but flying is a possibility. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of what's going on soon.

wolflady
01-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Wow! Getting a head start, eh? :p

Count me in! :D

**hugs**

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2006, 01:58 AM
I just noticed this thread. I guess Gini wants to get an earlier start this year. :) I think that flying is the way to go. :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 07:45 AM
I wish I could go...:(

buttercup132
01-07-2006, 08:55 AM
planning just a little bit early?
lol

lbaker
01-07-2006, 09:21 AM
We've been planning this since the day we left (in shambles??) last year :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 09:24 AM
We've been planning this since the day we left (in shambles??) last year :eek: :rolleyes: :D
lol!

gini
01-07-2006, 09:32 AM
I checked last years thread and I started it on January 1, 2005. So technically I am "late" this year with the invitation because I didn't extend it until January 6, 2006.

But a "certain someone" (north of the US.) started hinting just like they did last year and goaded me into posting so early. :D :D

Besides it takes me at least seven months to steel myself for this event.
Emma is already under the bed!! :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I checked last years thread and I started it on January 1, 2005. So technically I am "late" this year with the invitation because I didn't extend it until January 6, 2006.

But a "certain someone" (north of the US.) started hinting just like they did last year and goaded me into posting so early. :D :D

Besides it takes me at least seven months to steel myself for this event.
Emma is already under the bed!! :D
Lol! and poor Emma!

RedHedd
01-07-2006, 10:49 AM
S.T.F.U? ;) :D :D RICHARD! This had me LOL at Work!

I have put the date in my Palm, which means it's as good as chiseled in granite. So, make that a YES from me.

As for thawing breasts, well, it's kinda cold here right now, but I'm sure it will warm up by July! :D :cool:
(+) (+)

shais_mom
01-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I think I'll be there!

:)

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2006, 02:07 PM
No chance of having it the last weekend of February or 1st weekend of March? Maybe I can get work to send to California twice this year :)

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 05:49 PM
4. Learn at least 1 key 'slogan' in at least 5 languages so we can "communicate" with the super nice next door neighbor. ;)

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Is it too soon to start a Kelly Kountdown??? ;)

I'll be there!!! Yay!!! :D

Uabassoon
01-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm really excited, I'm going to start saving up money. I wish I knew for sure if I could go or not, but I think somehow I'll figure out a way. Maybe once we know for sure who else is going I can find a roommate as I don't know if I can afford a plane ticket, hotel and transportation all by myself.

slick
01-07-2006, 06:53 PM
4. Learn at least 1 key 'slogan' in at least 5 languages so we can "communicate" with the super nice next door neighbor. ;)
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

moosmom
01-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Quote by Slick

**sniff** On behalf of all the dogs whose privates I will wash, I thank you

ROFLMAO!!!! I WISH I could afford the airfare! You guys are a hoot and I'm sure I'd be in stitches the whole time. Any plans for those hunky firemen to return??? Maybe I can start collecting soda cans now to save up for the plane fare. *says to self* Hmmmm...I wonder how much I can get for MooShoo on the black market?? (just kidding)

Uabassoon
01-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Mmmm I can almost taste Slick's Bailey's.

slick
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
:D :D Last year I ended up making two double batches - 12 bottles and I think there was a bottle or two left over. Gini, I know it's going to be a tough job for you over this next 7 months, but if you could bring yourself to do me a favour I would greatly appreciate it. ;) :D

You know those 750 ml bottles tucked away in your bottom shelf in the kitchen? Do you think you could "empty" them by July??? That would save me bringing down a bunch of empties. Also I hope that you saved the empty ones from last year. ;)

Kelly, it's never too early for a Kelly Kountdown!

Donna, all you have to do is save all your change at the end of the day. It's amazing how much it builds up.

Might I remind everyone that we talk up a blue streak about drinking and teasing each other about falling down drunk, but that just isn't the case. There are plenty of people who attend who do not drink at all and plenty of refreshments to quench their thirst, so don't let our banter keep you away. The only prerequisite for attending is the desire to have a good time and like Thursdays, leave the attitudes behind.
Gini, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here or stepping on your toes. :o

gini
01-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Slick, now how could you ask me to save you all of those bottles in one sentence and in the other to try to assure everyone that this is not a drunken brawl? :D :D :D

I hope by now that enough people have attended so that if other Pet Talkers don't believe you or me..........they can ask them...........is it true?

(do the firemen really show leg?) (does Richard really do a strip tease?) (do the police show up?) (does the neighbor shout obscene things?)

lbaker
01-09-2006, 07:28 AM
(all of the above?)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Need my help again, Gini?? ;) :D

RICHARD
01-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Need my help again, Gini?? ;) :D

How's about a T shirt for our Wet T-Shirt Contest???? ;)
By then everyone should be thawed out. :confused:

pnance
01-09-2006, 05:38 PM

Bailey's....... Hunky firemen....count me in!! :D I'll even offer to come early to "help" with the Bailey's and Hunky firemen....lol ;)

gini
01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
How's about a T shirt for our Wet T-Shirt Contest???? ;)
. :confused:

Reminder to self: Don't put Richard in charge of "entertainment".

slick
01-09-2006, 06:38 PM
S.T.F.U? ;)
OK, I truly must be stressed out. I've been looking at this for days and have just now figured it out!!! :o :o :D :D A drink please bartender. Oh yeah, that's the other thread. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
01-09-2006, 07:47 PM
ummmm...Slick...could you explain it to me? I'm an old married woman and don't always understand these things....

slick
01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
ummmm...Slick...could you explain it to me? I'm an old married woman and don't always understand these things....
I'll email you when I get home from work.

Killearn Kitties
01-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Can you copy that email to me too please? My powers of deduction must be diminishing or something!

lbaker
01-10-2006, 07:18 AM
I needed Gini to 'splain it to me! DUH :o :o ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Me too, please. Guess even us old unmarried women aren't good enough to figure it out. Must have something to do with the "old" part...... :rolleyes: :D

Randi
01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
While you're at it, can you copy that e-mail for me too? :D - - and this one too for that matter. ;) R.S.V.P. :confused:

RICHARD
01-10-2006, 11:24 AM
South Taos (New Mexico) Forensic University????

Funny,

An old Unmarried Guy got it right off the start! :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
01-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh it's all so clear now!!!!! :D :D :D

lbaker
01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh, I thought it was Scratch The Fuzzy Unicorn, that's what Aunt Beatrice always used to say. But then, Aunt Beatrice wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
While you're at it, can you copy that e-mail for me too? :D - - and this one too for that matter. ;) R.S.V.P. :confused:

Ahum..... another "old" and confused lady here :o :o

Killearn Kitties
01-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Hehehehehe. You're sorry you started this now, aren't you Richard?

gini
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
No! Richard won't be sorry - he is lovin' every minute of this.

Good grief - this is only January and we are already in trouble! :eek: :D

Corinna
01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
count me in on the Duh crowd.

catland
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Well, since I know what "it" means, I guess I have no choice but to accept Gini's gracious invitation and come to the party - with my sweetie of course. :D :D

When I wanted to go to last year's BBQ, Byron had recently bought a motorcycle, which was my leverage to say "if you get the motorcycle, I get the BBQ". I wonder what its going to cost me this year. ;)

Logan
01-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Thank you for posting the dates, Gini...I"m going to work on this one. My husband is starting a new job next week, but I think he can take time off in the summer. We'll try!!!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Randi & Lut, I don't know what RSVP actually stands for - probably something in Latin - but what it means is to respond as to whether you will be attending or not. I myself just learned what STFU means, and that is most definitely NOT Latin. ;) :D

zippy-kat
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I myself just learned what STFU means, and that is most definitely NOT Latin. ;) :D

Right. It's what the neighbor shouted so therefore it's Korean... I think... right, Gini? ;)

lbaker
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Gee Tonya, my Aunt Beatrice doesn't LOOK Korean :confused: ;) Besides, I think it was the classy neighbors on the other side that were yelling over the fence. RSVP is French and means "repondez s'il vous plait" Please respond.

neko1
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Would love to get a break from things around here in Jersey, I will try to make it this year :)

RICHARD
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Right. It's what the neighbor shouted so therefore it's Korean... I think... right, Gini? ;)

Zip,

There was an accent but it wasn't Korean....I know that for sure!

RSVP is french - "Si vous plait" is all I know...the "r' is for reserve
It means "Please let me know if you are gonna be there...I'll set you a place at the table" :confused:

Gini,

Every second of it

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Blush......Of course it is a phrase I would NEVER and have NEVER uttered in my life.

That's why I didn't know what it meant..... :D :D :rolleyes: :p :D

Corinna
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
I want to thank karen for the info. Ok so I thought I knew but with you guys how knows.

slick
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Would love to get a break from things around here in Jersey, I will try to make it this year :)
Michelle, this warms my heart to hear that you might attend. I promise that you will laugh so much with friends that your sides will ache, your tummy will be bursting after all the wonderful food, and you will walk away with more {{{hugs}}} than you ever thought you could handle.
...not to mention that you get to meet the ITT sisters. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Laurie--Vickie.jpg

Please do your best to come along. :)

Sara....yeah right!! ;)

lbaker
01-10-2006, 05:23 PM
OMD Slick, iffin that doesn't keep away the RiffRaff I don't know what will :eek: :D :D

dukedogsmom
01-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok. It's in the works. Already got the time off. Will use income tax refund to pay for ticket. Then, I can just start saving up for fun. By the way, where will I be staying? Can anyone recommend a good hotel that's not too cheap or would someone be willing to let me stay with them? I'm getting excited!

gini
01-10-2006, 07:31 PM
So many people are accepting already - now that gets me excited too.

Val, everyone is going to be asking about hotels and this year I have to sit down and make a list of the hotels that are around me. I would love to welcome you here - but I think I already have a full house. I will try to make the hotel list soon.

zippy-kat
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I hope to attend but can't commit to anything just yet. In the next month or so I'm going to begin a new j-o-b search and who knows what that will bring (hopefully lots of pay and quite a few vacation days ;) ).

Karen
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Zippy, I was taught the "R in RSVP stood for "Respondez" S'il Vous Plait!

neko1
01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Michelle, this warms my heart to hear that you might attend. I promise that you will laugh so much with friends that your sides will ache, your tummy will be bursting after all the wonderful food, and you will walk away with more {{{hugs}}} than you ever thought you could handle.
...not to mention that you get to meet the ITT sisters. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Laurie--Vickie.jpg

Please do your best to come along. :)

Sara....yeah right!! ;)

LOL!!! Thank you!! I'm laughing already!!! I really hope that I can go. It will all depend on the new apartment and how much that breaks me. Now, if I could just remember where that money tree was planted... :confused:

catland
01-10-2006, 11:19 PM
duke - that's great news. Neko - I hope things work out.

To any of you thinking about going - you won't regret it. :D

RICHARD
01-11-2006, 12:21 PM
instead of getting hotel rooms I was wondering if people were interested they could arrange a weekly rental, split the costs..

Kind of like a Pet Talk flop house!

lbaker
01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I think I remember where to find extra mattresses :o :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Randi
01-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I think I remember where to find extra mattresses :o :eek: ;) :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, they're just around the corner .... in fact, ON the corner. :D :rolleyes:

slick
01-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah, they're just around the corner .... in fact, ON the corner. :D :rolleyes:
Right next to the Erotica Museum, I believe! :eek: :D

RedHedd
01-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh, I thought it was Scratch The Fuzzy Unicorn, that's what Aunt Beatrice always used to say. But then, Aunt Beatrice wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer :rolleyes: :D :eek: :D

dukedogsmom
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
instead of getting hotel rooms I was wondering if people were interested they could arrange a weekly rental, split the costs..
Kind of like a Pet Talk flop house!
That sounds like a great idea! I'm definately interested.

wolf_Q
01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of going, but yeah I say that every year lol so who knows...

I would be interested in sharing a hotel room with somebody...and yeah I'd also need some sort of transportation help as I won't rent a car and I don't think I could drive in LA traffic anyway. ;)

Is there going to be a group going to Disneyland again?

Uabassoon
01-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Amy I really hope you can make it this year. I really want to meet you!

pnance
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I wasn't planning on getting a hotel room since I'm only about a 2 hour drive from her...but now I'm starting to wonder if I'll be in a fit state to drive based on what I'm reading :eek: ......any input from those of you that have experienced this before?? ;)

lbaker
01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Your sides may hurt from laughing and your face may hurt from grinnin' but the rest is totally up to you ;)

dukedogsmom
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I hadn't even thought about transportation. I know it's a little early to worry about that right now though but I will need to do something. I would like to spare the expense of renting a car, too. I'd be scared to drive over there, anyway. Is there going to be an official PT taxi? Maybe Mario can drive.

neko1
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah I was wondering if it was too early to think of all this stuff too, but I was also concerned about transportation. Also, how long does everyone usually stay, do people make like a little mini-vacation out of it? Are the hotel's expensive? It's already gonna cost over $300 for the plane ticket for me, I'm very concerned about the whole monetary thing (especially since I will be without any means of savings once I have to live on my own :o )

gini
01-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Val and Michelle, I live the closest to the L.A. airport (1/2 hour drive). Richard lives a bit further away and Kelly is now quite a drive away. Sara lives about an hour and a half away.

People have stayed for a week - or just a few days - or just overnight and have driven back home the next day.

I have a Toyota Highlander (better known as Scotty) and it can seat four people and a lot of luggage.

But here is the problem that I have encountered. Last year people flew in from Canada, New Mexico, Washington D.C. and other places around the country. Where I could, I tried to pick them up at the airport. The problem is that not everyone arrives at the same time - or even the same terminal........so it took some planning to coordinate flight arrival times and days of arrival.

I had to speak up and say that I just cannot drive to the airport on the day of the BBQ - Saturday. It just became difficult to have a house full of people - a BBQ to prepare for - and leave to go to the airport. Just not enough hours in the day.

Because of gas prices, the taxi services, shuttles and cars have become very expensive. I just flew back from Boston in December and encountered this in Boston as well as L.A. It added a considerable amount to my flight cost.

Last year it was costing $40.00 one way - and this year it is closer to $50 - $60. Outrageous in my mind.

Due to that fact, I am very sensitive to the cost for all of you and want to try to pick people up when I can do it.

I think the closer we get to the actual date and people have reservations we can make better plans.

As to housing or hotels - Richard does have a good idea about finding a house to rent for a week..........but where? It's a good idea - but not so easy to find someone who would be willing. (a furnished house, of course).

My house isn't that large and last year I had three house guests and Richard spent the night in a sleeping bag in my backyard office. One guest slept in my den with the hideabed - one on a blow up bed in my breakfast room and another on the sofa.

I have one bathroom - and if you followed last years thread you heard that I had plumbing problems (no ones fault - it was just ROOT REVENGE!).

Ha, and I know what that comment will bring - just abuse about my shaving my legs!

I just had this idea of possibly renting a motor home..........hmmmm, I have no idea how much that would cost or if we could even park it at my home.
But it is a thought.

I know as we get closer to the date these things will work out - they always do..........and I am very sensitive to the costs for everyone.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 12:05 PM
I just had this idea of possibly renting a motor home..........hmmmm, I have no idea how much that would cost or if we could even park it at my home.
But it is a thought.

Here is a website for renting a motorhome. http://www.cruiseamerica.com/ This wouldn't be all that bad of an idea because the expensive part of renting these is the mileage. They don't come with free mileage like rental cars do. I'm sure there's somewhere near LA that rents them out and I checked and there are plenty of campgrounds within 25 miles of LA, so it would just be a matter of finding the closest one to you.

Seeing as you actually live in LA, I would highly doubt that parking a motorhome at your place would be acceptable for more than overnight - and that would probably have to be in your driveway, not on the street.

My idea on this would be that renting a pull along trailer would be better because it has more sleeping capacity. When I first saw your idea, I thought it was a not so subtle hint for us to bring ours ;) but we really only have sleeping capacity for maybe 4 adults. Most motorhomes are not built for sleeping capacity, but trailers are - some even come with bunk beds. :D However, a Class C can be driven back and forth from the campground to the BBQ whereas a trailer would need some sort of tow vehicle, so a rental vehicle would still be needed by at least one person.

If someone does do this, I would definitely recommend staying at a campground because 4 adults in any camping vehicle that isn't "plugged in" (in more ways than one) will greatly tax the campers water capacity, both incoming and outgoing.

Anyway, if anyone wants to pursue this for expanded accomdations, I would be more than happy to help with the research, just let me know. :)

Oh, and at the rate Terry is going with the love of his job, we may just be in Tucson as early as July, so bringing our motorhome might not be totally out of the question..... :eek:

gini
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh goodness, Debbie, actually it was your "owning" a motorhome that gave me the idea - but it sure wasn't a subtle hint for you to drive out here with it so that you could accommodate a few guests!

Subtle hints don't work too well, I would have just come out and asked you! :D :D

Because I am a bookkeeper for advertising clients - I know that they rent motorhomes for photo shoots and so forth and I can ask through that info line - but I think because of that they charge an arm and a leg and a huge deposit.

I know that my neighbor a few years back had his brother and wife visit in their motorhome and they had it parked across the street for a week and no one objected. However, I do have "no parking" on my side of the street on Fridays and the meter maid sits there like a vulture waiting to ticket those cars even a minute past 10 am in the morning.

We also had a postal worker who was close to retirement, so he sold his home, bought a motorhome and "camped out" in front of my home. To get ready for work he started his generator at 5 AM............and that DID get a lot of attention and he finally had to move it. I don't know why he didn't just park it at the post office - only three blocks away.

Hmmm, gotta think on this some more.........I don't know if one would fit in my backyard or could get through the gate - I doubt it - too wide I think.

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I was going to rent a motorhome for the upcoming 3 day weekend, went as far as calling cruise america, right now the prices are very reduced because of offseason and it was more expensive than a pretty nice hotel by the oceon. The RV was going to be 330 for 3 days and 2 nights and the hotel is 254 and it takes my dogs.

RICHARD
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
I found this site-

http://vacationhomes.com/city_search.cfm?l=535

If you type "Weekly vacation rental, Los Angeles" or something like that you'll get sites to look at.

anna_66
01-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Mark and I have already talked about this and "hopefully" we'll be in attendance this year:D
Can't let you have all the fun;)

slick
01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Anna, that's just great news. Looking forward to meeting you.

Looking at the growing list of attendees makes me wonder.....

Gini's neighbours thought they had it bad last year....maybe we could set up a few of those mattresses outside the E Museum and move them over there for the weekend. :rolleyes: :p :D

Uabassoon
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Anna that's great news! It would be so exciting if you and Mark could make it out!

dukedogsmom
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm already getting excited! Anna, that would be great if you and Mark could come. I can't wait to meet everyone. I've been so envious of all the fun had at the past ones. And, we must have firemen. I'm sure it will all work out. I just need to know if I do need to plan on trying to pay for a hotel room, too. If that will be the case, I need to save up so I can book it and maybe someone can share the room?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Slick, you gave me a great idea! We get some mattresses set up by the E Museum, then we hire some homeless people to partake of them for a few days. The neighbors will all be so worried nad up in arms about their "new neighbors" that they won't even bother with their old neighbor....who just so happens to be having a ton of people over right now.... :D

gini
01-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Got caught up in tax forms again today and just now saw this. Anna and Mark - WOW! I am glad now that I started this thread as early as I did, because all of us can get excited and have this to look forward to.......

I am getting wonderful offers for help - Slick is coming up with some great recipe ideas - Richard is researching accommodation ideas.

Maybe I could call the E Museum and they would allow all of you to stay "inside"............... :D :D

The other ridiculous idea that came to my mind is that I buy a bunch of blow up mattresses and line them up in the driveway in the back yard.

One year Laurie wanted to know if I owned a tent. I do, and it was soooooo tempting to set up the tent - and put a sleeping bag in it - and the porta-potty outside........with a big sign 'RESERVED FOR LAURIE' but the tent is a big one - so I never did it.

I just gotta get back to work - more later

zippy-kat
01-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Zippy, I was taught the "R in RSVP stood for "Respondez" S'il Vous Plait!

"Respondez So Veryz Politezly," she was a girl of manners afterall (unless, of course, parsley was involved). ;)

shais_mom
01-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Mark and I have already talked about this and "hopefully" we'll be in attendance this year:D
Can't let you have all the fun;)

sweeeet!
Keep me informed Anna - we might be able to coincide our flights and / or hotels as Last year I flew out of Dayton. And with Kel's living arrangements I probably will be staying in a hotel.

catland
01-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I was in a meeting here at work this morning, discussing some new responsiblities that I'll be taking on because I'm replacing someone who is retiring. There was mention of me doing her tasks while she took some time off and all I could think of was "how does this impact my plans to attend the BBQ?" :eek:

Corinna
01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
A true Pet talker.

dukedogsmom
01-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Gini, I need to get an idea of how many days to book? I'm going to be off all weekend plus the Thursday and Friday before that. I was thinking I could maybe get there early Friday to help you or will you be at work? I was thinking of leaving on Monday afternoon. Sound good? This is going to be so much fun.

slick
01-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Val, I'm sure Gini will chime in here but really it all depends on what you want to do. The day of the BBQ is Saturday but sometimes small groups will go off on their own and explore on other days. The first year I attended 3 of us went to Dizzyland. Last year, I went on a sidetrip of my own to visit Sara and the E's. As well, the "younguns" took off on a shopping trip another day. As for Friday, I'll let you and Gini work that out. BTW, can you sweep floors?? How are you with a garden hose??? ;) :D

Just a hint for the newcomers....don't start singing "It's a Small Small World" in front of Gini. You're likely to wind up in the woodshed!!

RICHARD
01-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Just a hint for the newcomers....don't start singing "It's a Small Small World" in front of Gini. You're likely to wind up in the woodshed!!

STFU, after all STFU after S T F U aaafffteralllll

It's a world of laughter that interrupts dreams
the neighbor is crazy and then begins to scream
It the fence that we share and we really don't care
she should STFU after all!!!!!

STFU, after all STFU after S T F U aaafffteralllll

mruffruff
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Sing it out, Richard! Get it out of your system now. I may be the one sleeping next to you in the office this year!

Actually, I WILL be there, somehow, some way. If I'm "retired", forceably or otherwise, I'll drive, walk or crawl.

Since Independence Airlines has gone under, I'll have to find another plane. I'd really rather not be a baglady two years in a row. 24 hours at Dulles is a once in a lifetime experience. And I think Gini and guests should be able to get their beauty rest (not that they need it).

Last year the taxi from LAX to Gini's neighborhood cost $50. Some of the accomodations have shuttles, but they are located near the airport, so transportation to Gini's is still needed. I won't rent a car; I'm directionally challenged. Even GPS wouldn't help me.

I'd like to leave here on Tuesday, the 18th and leave LA on the Monday after the BBQ. Have to see what planes are available around then.

gini
01-16-2006, 01:57 PM
YAY!!! The bag lady is coming! Look Mary, Laurie, Slick and I will be out front say about 2:30 A.M. looking for you o.k.? Will you want a clean bathtub again? :D

Val, I think that Slick expressed it best...everyone does their own thing.........and some planned on going to Disneyland.........some shopping........and on Sunday after the BBQ...........we went mattress hunting! (sorry Val, you will understand that better when you get here).

Is it possible that some of you on the east coast could connect with each other and possibly get flights with good prices that arrive around the same time - give or take an hour or so? That way it might be possible for me to pick you up. I shudder at the taxi fare - but this is a big city and that is the going rate. I don't know what else to do here because there is just one of me - and hopefully a whole bunch of you. All I can tell you is that somehow, it all does work out.

AmberLee
01-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Weird question, but could someone L.A. or nearby check out the Super Shuttle? KAK's and my taxi from LAX was $50 one way also, but the Super Shuttle last month's class from LAX to a hotel ~ 1/2 mile from Gini's was $15 each way. I THINK you can use Super Shuttle to private homes as well as hotels -- but can someone check this out? If it works, it would be a HUGE savings.

gini
01-20-2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.supershuttle.com/FareQuotes/(kgcsqr45pnevkw55ntphk5fp)/Rates.aspx

I have posted above the link for fares from Los Angeles Airport to my area.
Super Shuttle is a shared van - up to seven passengers (or seven separate drops). They are quoting $23.00 as the fare and I would assume a tip is in addition to that amount.

Thanks, Amberlee, for this thought.

anna_66
01-20-2006, 08:48 AM
sweeeet!
Keep me informed Anna - we might be able to coincide our flights and / or hotels as Last year I flew out of Dayton. And with Kel's living arrangements I probably will be staying in a hotel.
That would be terrific Staci. Do let me know when your planning on leaving Ohio...this is getting me excited:D:D

slick
01-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Heard some news at work yesterday that might prevent me from attending this year. Will keep you posted.

gini
01-20-2006, 09:45 AM
I sincerely hope this isn't the case, Slick.

It seems as though you have a lot of vacation time built up - but they won't let you take the time off to enjoy it.

lbaker
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
* note to self * stop North of the Border with kidnapping shoes on :mad:

gini
01-20-2006, 10:02 AM
* note to self * stop North of the Border with kidnapping shoes on :mad:
Laurie, I will meet you.............up north! :mad:

Uabassoon
01-20-2006, 12:10 PM
There is a chance that Alexa might be able to come with me again :D She's working on finalizing her plans for her trip this summer, she will be studying in London then going to Lithuania to visit her grandparents. She's leaving at the end of May (she's going to miss my 25th birthday!) and will be back around July 13th. So she's trying to decide what's more important, resting up after her long trip or spending quality time with me. I'll let you all know once she's decided.

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
So...... we will be moving the bbq to Canada....

Russian Blue
01-21-2006, 03:58 PM
So...... we will be moving the bbq to Canada....

Yayyyyy! Now, that's the best idea I have heard so far. BBQ at Slick's house, I'll bring the appetizers! ;)

Corinna
01-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I could make it there slicks it is.

Killearn Kitties
01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
I've just seen a flight to Vancouver for £99! :eek:

slick
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
A suggestion for those of you who attended last year. You know those nifty aprons you got??? If you plan on attending this year, take it along with you and have all the attendees personally sign it. That's what I plan on doing IF I make it this year. :)

Karen
01-27-2006, 11:21 PM
A suggestion for those of you who attended last year. You know those nifty aprons you got??? If you plan on attending this year, take it along with you and have all the attendees personally sign it. That's what I plan on doing IF I make it this year. :)

That *wuz* the secrit plan last year, but folks got to yakkin' and eatin' and plum forgot about signing!

slick
01-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah...I know. Just thought I would plant the seed early. In fact, I was thinking of mailing my apron to Lut. Since she worked so hard in making the stencil, it would be nice if she could sign it....my thoughts grew from there. I send it to Lut who will sign it and then mail it to Karen in Scotland, who will sign it and mail it to Randi, who in turn signs and mails to Barbara who will sign it and so on and so on.

Well...nice thought anyway.

gini
01-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Slick, perfect reminder.

Ya know.....Mizz Karen our mayor had that great idea last year and then those durn firemen showed up - and well......there went the apron signing program right down the drain.

We got so buzzie trying to feed them and show off their legs (Laurie!!!)
that we never got back to that idea.

I think it would be pretty special if we all signed one for Karen our Mayor too.
I do have a few extra aprons left over and some of Lut's PERFECT STENCILS
that I can iron on..............

I have a few ideas for the 4th Annual gift - but haven't decided quite yet.
(hee hee hee!)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-28-2006, 04:28 AM
He he, I would be most happy to receive-sign-send your aprons!! What an honour!!
Hey, if anybody has a good idea for this year, I would just LOVE to do something again! Of course, my greatest wish is to be there in person, but that won't happen ... !

lbaker
01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Forget the "IF" Slickster, you will be there if I have to fly up to git ya and drag you down to LA by the *ahem* whatevers :eek: :D ;)

gini
01-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Forget the "IF" Slickster, you will be there if I have to fly up to git ya and drag you down to LA by the *ahem* whatevers :eek: :D ;)
That's tellin' her Laurie!! :D :D

Crikit
01-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Once again the BBQ just has to take place during Stampede time doesn't it? If it wasn't for that I would probably attempt to at least try to make it this year but I've basiclly got a standing commitment at the Stampede with the Superdogs and just can't swing it once again.

slick
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Gini, I've got these toilet roll racks on order and should be arriving there within the next month. :D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p5c8e1069cd2c4e4c552882676a169c0a/f05d2adf.jpg

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Gini, I've got these toilet roll racks on order and should be arriving there within the next month. :D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p5c8e1069cd2c4e4c552882676a169c0a/f05d2adf.jpg

Great, we can make Christmas crackers afterwards!!!

jesse_3
01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Wow! It sounds like so much fun at the BBQ's! I have a couple problems with attending them though...1. I don't have a vehicle yet; 2. I am only 16; 3. It is ALLLLLLL the way in California, and I am wayyy up in MN; 4. Protective parents; 5. Money; 6. Jesse gets carsick so I would have to leave about 1 1/2 week(?s?) early! (How long would it take me to drive to California from MN?)

I cant try to make it, but I have about a 5% chance on being able to make it this year:( I will probably have to wait a WHOLE other year!

I hope that you all have fun with whoever is going!:D:D
Steph and the gang

wolflady
01-30-2006, 07:36 PM

*snicker*

Now THAT's what I need at home! :eek: LOL :p

**hugs**

gini
01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
LOL!!! SLICK!!! Now all I have to do is remember to stock up on the toilet paper in plenty of time.

My shopping list changes dramatically when it gets closer to the BBQ - "lady, why ARE you buying all of that toilet paper. There isn't a shortage - yet."

catland
02-01-2006, 01:56 PM
love the TP racks - where can one of those?

We learned earlier this week that a very dear friend of ours is planning to get married this summer - she's thinking of late July - would it be crass of me to encourage her to select the 29th so that I can keep the 22nd open? :rolleyes:

gini
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh, I hope she will get married on the 29th.

Otherwise I have to return the rented projector, screen and return all of the slides I have borrowed to show to Byron!!!!! :p ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 03:20 PM
LOL!!! SLICK!!! Now all I have to do is remember to stock up on the toilet paper in plenty of time.

Gini, along with making a note to buy truckloads of TP, you may want to make a note to call the plumber. That amount of TP in any system could cause major back-ups! :D

By the way, how's all the "remodeling" coming after the big flood? Hopefully everything is mostly done by now.....

slick
02-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Otherwise I have to return the rented projector, screen and return all of the slides I have borrowed to show to Byron!!!!!
Not to mention the supersize box of detergent you just bought for washing Julie's pants. :D
That amount of TP in any system could cause major back-ups!
Ah Debbie....I think last year it had something to do with shaving legs....er I mean "leg"..... :D

Randi
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Not to mention the supersize box of detergent you just bought for washing Julie's pants. :D

Uh oh! If I ever get there again, I promise to bring some Whine away!! :D

gini
02-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Memo to self:

Add to shopping list for BBQ: GRAHAM CRACKERS, MARSHMALLOWS AND HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE BARS.

And hide the PEEPS!

dukedogsmom
02-03-2006, 12:17 AM
With all those things, who needs peeps? Sounds like it's going to be a blast! I'm so excited :)

Uabassoon
02-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Memo to self:

And hide the PEEPS!

We must think of the Peeps! Please be sure to hide them in a safe spot. Hopefully this year will be free of Peep sacrifices.

gini
02-05-2006, 10:50 AM
We must think of the Peeps! Please be sure to hide them in a safe spot. Hopefully this year will be free of Peep sacrifices.

Yes, I was horrified. Watching my fellow Pet Talker's standing around the microwave oven chanting like that......... :eek: :eek:

slick
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Pssttt....I hear Gini is setting up a "peep" show this year.... :eek: :D

zippy-kat
02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Slick! lol :D lol

catland
02-07-2006, 11:39 PM
uh - I've been asked to mention - is the Dell girl going to be there this year? None of the guys who work with Byron would believe him.

gini
02-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Julie - you could go to last year's thread and find some pictures of her and print them out...............or maybe I have some, I have to look.

But sadly, no - the Dell girl moved in with her boyfriend (very serious stuff here) and my niece has moved to New York where she works for MTV. So unless my niece vacations here in July, I doubt if they will be able to attend.

Edit to put in another thought- maybe you could borrow Richard's picture!!

A "peep show" - Slick, you are just going to ruin my already tarnished reputation ;) ;) :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2006, 11:39 AM

GINI!!!!!!!!! Did you book those firefighters again?? Wow, why is LA so far from Belgium :confused: :(

gini
02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
GINI!!!!!!!!! Did you book those firefighters again?? Wow, why is LA so far from Belgium :confused: :(

Lut, last year the firemen were a "gift" from Phred.
Even though I tried to "blame" my neighbor for their arrival - she didn't do it - it was PHRED!!

Yes, I too, wish that Belgium was closer to Los Angeles. Why isn't teleportation an option?

lbaker
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Gini, isn't your mode of transportation named Scottie? How about sending a message "Beam Lut up [and over] Scottie" But Lut, if you expect to find "intelligent life" at the BBQ you had best come early :rolleyes: :p :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Gini, isn't your mode of transportation named Scottie? How about a sublime message "Beam Lut up [and over] Scottie" But Lut, if you expect to find "intelligent life" at the BBQ you had best come early :rolleyes: :p :D

ROTFL !!!!!

Oh Gini, I don't trust those tele-transport beam-machines.... ; I would NOT like it to arrive as a pile of dust :eek: :eek:
hey Scottie, where are you??? :confused:

dukedogsmom
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Gini, that is so cool about your niece working at MTV! What does she do there? Lucky girl.

gini
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Gini, that is so cool about your niece working at MTV! What does she do there? Lucky girl.

Val, I will p/m you

catland
02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Yippee - :D :D good news - our friends are getting marrried on July 8th, so the 22nd is free and clear for us to join the party :D :D

We know that the date is solid because they reserved their location yesterday - they are going to get married at a vineyard - how cool.

gini
02-12-2006, 02:22 PM
HOORAY!!! Even the box of detergent I bought for your pants jumped up and down!! :D :D This works out great for everyone, but especially all of us!!

king2005
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
This is another thing I think I'll fly too, after Rob get his Pilot Licence (should be this week EEEE!!!!) & once we finish building our plane :D Unless the BBQ is no more in 5yrs time, WHICH IT BETTER NOT BE!

Karen
02-27-2006, 08:30 PM

There is a whole endcap of peeps at my grocery store right now, and each time I pass it, I think of Gini!

NoahsMommy
03-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Yippee - :D :D good news - our friends are getting marrried on July 8th, so the 22nd is free and clear for us to join the party :D :D

YAY!!!! It'll be SOOOO GREAT to see you and Byron again this year!! YAY!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Uabassoon
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM

Yay! It just wouldn't be the same without you and Byron there. I had so much fun meeting you last year and I'm excited about seeing you two again this year.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-07-2006, 05:16 AM
GINI !!!!
Any new ideas? How can I participate again this year? If anybody has an idea, say so please :)

ps. I feel oh so stupid now, but can somebody please explain what you all mean by "peeps" ?? No joking, I have no idea what it might be. :o :confused:

davidpizzica
03-07-2006, 08:32 AM
GINI !!!!
Any new ideas? How can I participate again this year? If anybody has an idea, say so please :)

ps. I feel oh so stupid now, but can somebody please explain what you all mean by "peeps" ?? No joking, I have no idea what it might be. :o :confused:
Peeps are pieces of marshmallow cut into shapes of little chicks (hence "peeps") or bunny rabbits coated with sugar and usually dyed a pale blue or yellow and are very popular around Easter time. Very fattening!

davidpizzica
03-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Gini, again with an appaling lack of funds this year, I can (as usual) read about the BBQ on PT. Someday if I hit the lottery I might be able to make it. However this year Moosmom and myself are making tentative plans to meet me here in Pittsburgh. A very mini PT meeting!

lbaker
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Actually peeps are not just "pale blue or yellow" they are a dayglow bright pink, yellow or weird. Most people either hate them or love them (they are rather disgustingly sweet). I like them very, very stale. They are also fun to "blow up" in a microwave :D :eek: For some reason only another PetTalker would understand, several of us (without prior planning mind you) bought some at Easter and saved them to take to the BBQ last year. Don't even try to understand that one :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Lut, here is the website for Peeps. http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/ Click on the "click here to visit our current site" and you will see Peepsville! OMG, there's a Peepsville? :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D Then if you look at the bottom of the page and click on "Easter" you will see packages of the real thing. If you click on "Halloween" you will see they have "cocoa cats." :D

I'm, personally,not a big fan of peeps, so I never knew there were so many, and who would have ever thunk there was a Peepsville? But some of them look downright disgusting, like the green Christmas trees - eeeewwwwww - who wants to eat an overly sweet green Christmas tree. Kind of like green beer to me - just the though of it and I turn green. :p

slick
03-07-2006, 09:59 AM
When I was at Gini's last weekend I saw some "newborns" sitting out...exposed to the air. Apparently they had been like that since last July and they were rock hard. It was such a sad sight. What was once a soft fluffly marshmallow peep, was now something that could easily crumble when hit. Poor things. :( I think I'll start a peep rescue group. ;)

lbaker
03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
NO NO NO!! The staler the better :eek: :D

gini
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I am not amused about the comments on my PEEPS. I was also disgusted last year when "someone" found it necessary to murder one in the microwave. They are innocent, sweet and good for the soul.(and can make your teeth fall out) :D :D

shais_mom
03-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Peeps are pieces of marshmallow cut into shapes of little chicks (hence "peeps") or bunny rabbits coated with sugar and usually dyed a pale blue or yellow and are very popular around Easter time. Very fattening!

They actually come in other holidays then the bunnies and chicks. I sent Gini 3 packages of Christmas ones. And I don't have a pkg right now but I don't know how fattening they are b/c marshmellows themselves aren't that high in fat. Sugar yes but not fat.

edited to add

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each peep has 32 calories and 0 fat and 8 carbs"

davidpizzica
03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
They actually come in other holidays then the bunnies and chicks. I sent Gini 3 packages of Christmas ones. And I don't have a pkg right now but I don't know how fattening they are b/c marshmellows themselves aren't that high in fat. Sugar yes but not fat.

edited to add

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each peep has 32 calories and 0 fat and 8 carbs"
Unfortuately, being diabetic I can't eat them. Darn!

RedHedd
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Actually peeps are not just "pale blue or yellow" they are a dayglow bright pink, yellow or weird. Most people either hate them or love them (they are rather disgustingly sweet). I like them very, very stale. They are also fun to "blow up" in a microwave :D :eek: For some reason only another PetTalker would understand, several of us (without prior planning mind you) bought some at Easter and saved them to take to the BBQ last year. Don't even try to understand that one :rolleyes:

The dayglo pink bunnies are my FAVORITES! I swear, they probably even glow in the dark (although I've never personally tested this theory).

OK, so now I'm surfing "Peepsville" and came across THIS!
http://marshmallowpeeps.com/images/about/ecards/card4_sm.gif
Mount Peepsmore! :D
http://marshmallowpeeps.com/images/about/ecards/card1_sm.gif
Peeps Beach
http://marshmallowpeeps.com/images/about/ecards/card2_sm.gif
Peeps Falls ... and
http://marshmallowpeeps.com/images/about/ecards/card3_sm.gif
Skiing Peeps! :D

lbaker
03-08-2006, 06:57 AM
:D :D :D "Peeps Beach" looks a little like Ventura Beach :eek: :D

slick
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
:D :D :D Oh RedHedd, that's absolutely priceless. I love the tiny peep bikini!!! I didn't realize they had "parts" that needed covering up. :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-09-2006, 03:40 AM
I cannot stop laughing here!!! SOOOOO funny!
Those "peeps" are not available here. The only ones I ever saw were those red valentine's hearts, and those were OH SO sweet, but OH SO yummy!!!

Hey Easter Bunny, I've been good this year; how about some good peeps

Thanks for that web-site Tracey!!

slick
03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I've been thinking....and that's a dangerous thing for me.... :rolleyes:

After the BBQ I would like to take the train to San Diego and spend about 3 nights there so I can spend some more time at the Zoo as well as visit the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. I'm told that the latter two will be a full day at each. Would like to find a hotel that perhaps has a shuttle back and forth. Will try to find something on the internet.

king2005
03-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I've been thinking....and that's a dangerous thing for me.... :rolleyes:

After the BBQ I would like to take the train to San Diego and spend about 3 nights there so I can spend some more time at the Zoo as well as visit the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. I'm told that the latter two will be a full day at each. Would like to find a hotel that perhaps has a shuttle back and forth. Will try to find something on the internet.

Theres a Zoo, Wild Animal Park & a Sea World!! Tell me where!!! I'm going in Sept & while the guys are doing boring confrences, I can go take hundreds of photos & see things I LOVE!!

slick
03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/

http://www.seaworld.com/seaworld/ca/

check it out. :)

gini
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Slick, the Los Angeles Times, Sunday edition always has a travel section that includes offers for packages to San Diego and these parks.

I can mail it to you..........and you could at least get an idea of what is available.

lbaker
03-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Well EXCUUUUSE ME MISS THING ;) Are you forgetting that after the BBQ I always take the train to SD to visit my brother? For a few days AT LEAST. I have a funky, close to the ocean, quite reasonable motel with two double beds right next to the beach at Mission Beach. One quick bus ride to the zoo, where my brother has season passes!! TWO. *humph* ;)

gini
03-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Just for the record - at the very first BBQ those in attendance were:

LAURIE
RICHARD
KAREN AND AARON
KELLY
PAM

And it was held over two days - Saturday and Sunday. Laurie didn't come in until Sunday - and then she left and took the train to her brother's.

Now they arrive - bring food - stay here - clean up my litter boxes and my kitchen - cook meals - and some even show up in the middle of the night!!

I think they have earned the right to be a tad more than internet buddies and they certainly aren't strangers anymore..........they are dear friends.

slick
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
they are dear friends.
:D :D :D ...and believe me, I only let "dear friends" see what I look like first thing in the morning... :eek: :D

Gini, before you go mailing anything off, let me see if I can access the Sunday Edition from the web.

Laurie, I'll email you about that when the time gets closer. I won't be looking at venturing off to SD until probably Monday. Please note: my plans are subject to change depending on what "surprise guests" show up. Perhaps some Police Occifers this year??? ;)

lbaker
03-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I've heard that Gini DOES the Police Occifers at that Community "Service" [yeah, service] group she's with :D ;) Take THAT, Turkey Lips ;)

pnance
03-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Gini, before you go mailing anything off, let me see if I can access the Sunday Edition from the web.

Try these sites, between them should give you a good idea.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/visitorsguide/

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/tickets/index.html

They have a 3 for 1 pass for about $100 that allows you into all 3 parks over a period of 5 days.

If either of you decide to come down, depending on my work schedule I might be able to play tour guide just let me know. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Just for the record - at the very first BBQ those in attendance were:

LAURIE
RICHARD
KAREN AND AARON
KELLY
PAM

And it was held over two days - Saturday and Sunday. Laurie didn't come in until Sunday - and then she left and took the train to her brother's.

Gini, I think you left out some one. Here's a picture that Aaron took for me on my digital camera from the 1st PT LA BBQ. I rode down with Karen and Aaron that year. Remember?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/49552627.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Gini, I think you left out some one. Here's a picture that Aaron took for me on my digital camera from the 1st PT LA BBQ. I rode down with Karen and Aaron that year. Remember?

Ohhhhh, thanks for that pic!! Is it possible to post some more?
The original plan was that Me and Bernard would have been there too...., but my operation blew up my ticket :( :(

RICHARD
03-11-2006, 09:39 AM
The official menu is out...

:p
Peeps, S'mores, boiled eggs and home made Bailey's and Slushies.

Tater Tots, too!

gini
03-11-2006, 09:47 AM

Tracey - I am sitting here very red faced!! Of course, you attended the very first BBQ. And happily you attended the second and the third too! Truly there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about you as I watch my three critters vie for the best position on the beautiful beds you made them.

gini
03-11-2006, 09:49 AM
The official menu is out...

:p
Peeps, S'mores, boiled eggs and home made Bailey's and Slushies.

Tater Tots, too!

Richard wants me to build a bon-fire on the driveway so we can really have S'mores. Now that ought to bring the fire department again!!!

lbaker
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
WOOO HOOOO!!! Hippy hippy hooray! Also, that's dear "Anti-Pam" in the picture. What an adventure, "first time for everything mmmmm, my ears still ring" :rolleyes:

gini
03-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Yesterday I was driving home and I saw leaning up against a wall......a brand new mattress and box springs. They were carefully wrapped in plastic. There was no mattress shop nearby - no truck nearby - just these two pieces all brand new - just waiting for Laurie.

So you can't even drive around the city without thinking about Pet Talk...........but I do see cones much more often come to think about it. :D :D

dukedogsmom
03-15-2006, 06:14 PM
I may not be able to come because of one of two reasons. I've got to see how my mom is doing by then. Poor thing is miserable right now, not being able to to anything. I know it's frustrating. However, if she's doing well by then, I may be going to Oregon. I haven't even told her yet :D I was trying to figure out how to do both but it'll just be too expensive. Would ya'll forgive me for going to see the love of my life? He's he most amazing man. I just wish he weren't so darned far away! He's a pet lover! He's got 6 cats and one dog. He adopted a female kitty from the feed store. Didn't know she was pregnant :eek: She had 4 kittens. Now all his cats are spayed/neutered. I'm so proud of him. We talk every day by computer and phone. We've got it bad but it is so very good. He's made me so happy. Just imagine how we'll be when we finally get to meet.

davidpizzica
03-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I may not be able to come because of one of two reasons. I've got to see how my mom is doing by then. Poor thing is miserable right now, not being able to to anything. I know it's frustrating. However, if she's doing well by then, I may be going to Oregon. I haven't even told her yet :D I was trying to figure out how to do both but it'll just be too expensive. Would ya'll forgive me for going to see the love of my life? He's he most amazing man. I just wish he weren't so darned far away! He's a pet lover! He's got 6 cats and one dog. He adopted a female kitty from the feed store. Didn't know she was pregnant :eek: She had 4 kittens. Now all his cats are spayed/neutered. I'm so proud of him. We talk every day by computer and phone. We've got it bad but it is so very good. He's made me so happy. Just imagine how we'll be when we finally get to meet.
Oh, brother! That sure sounds like the relationship that I have with Donna (moosmom)! She's in Connecticut and I'm in Pittsburgh. We talk with each other by phone and PM each other alot. I wish we weren't so far apart also!

slick
03-16-2006, 01:30 AM
I was just watching our local news. The gas prices are rising and will reach a peak just before Summer and that will affect airline prices. I just might book my flight in the next week or two. ;) :)

Edit: 12:20am - I just found a direct flight both ways for only $312.00 CAD including taxes and booking fee.

BOOKED!!!

Gini, I will email you details later. :) :)

gini
03-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Gosh, good news and bad here.

Val, I do hope that your Mom will be alright and that will free up your
travel plans. Oregon is right above California you know................but that is easy for me to say.

Slick - YOOHOO!!!! Let the fun begin!!

Uabassoon
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
I have some good news and some bad news. I guess I'll start with the good news first.

I might be going to London this summer! Alexa will be there for a few weeks this summer at a University and she is now looking into buying me a ticket out there to visit her when her program ends. I've never been to London before, actually I haven't been to Europe so I'm very excited and hope that everything works out.

The bad news is that if I go to London I won't be able to make the meeting because I just won't be able to afford it. However there will always be next year!

I'll update as soon as I know for sure. Right now she's looking at ticket prices and I need to start digging around the house in search of my passport!

gini
03-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Now that is THE BEST excuse for not attending the BBQ I could imagine.

How exciting for you both to have this opportunity and I say GO FOR IT.

You will be missed for sure - but when the excuse is for travel that will only broaden your horizon - I can't argue with that for one minute.

slick
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Hmmmmm, London or Cali. London or Cali. It's a no-brainer Laura. Have a great time......we will miss you.

catland
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
I have some good news and some bad news. I guess I'll start with the good news first.

I might be going to London this summer!

How exciting - but we will miss you. It was so fun to meet you last year.

This may be a little off-topic, but this morning, when I was getting ready for work, I was getting a little dollop of mousse for my hair - and I noticed that if I work at it just right - I can make the dollop look like a peep.

commit me now.

gini
03-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh my, so now I have to have cans of mousse available for the BBQ so we can have a PEEP making contest.

See Laura and Alexis - what you will miss? I bet they haven't thought of this in London!! :D

anna_66
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
I've been putting off posting this forever, but it's not going to be possible for Mark and I to come this year:( I was SO looking forward to it, but we've decided to pay off all our bills first :rolleyes:

I know you'll all have a great time, all I ask is please have one of those yummy slushies for me:D

Maybe next year!

wolf_Q
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
I just found out my friend is getting married on that day so it's not possible for me either. I'm not sure if I'd be able to go anyway. Have fun guys!

lbaker
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
OH AMY, I was so looking forward to seeing you again :( And Anna, no worries Mate, Findley isn't far away ;) A Peep contest with Mousse :confused: Well. Um. How does one do mousse with long hair :confused: Actually. heh heh heh if you find someone in your house asleep, that could be rather FUN :eek: :D ;)

Uabassoon
03-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Last night we booked my ticket to London! So no peep making contest for me :( . However it looks like I might have my own mini London PT meeting. Karen (Killearn Kitties) plans to come out and go to the London Aquarium with us. Alexa laughed that I gave up one PT meeting only to have another!

However this gives me a long time to practice for next years peep making contest!

catland
03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
instead of moose - maybe we should try for redi-whip on top of Slick's baileys. Then we could have our peeps and eat/drink them too. :eek: :D

lbaker
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
WHOA Catland! Just keep the can of Reddi-Whip away from Mario :eek:

slick
03-23-2006, 07:28 PM
We could have a peeps cooking contest on Sunday. You are allowed exactly 30 min in Gini's kitchen to create your masterpiece. Just think of it....Peeps Banana Split, Peeps Creme Brule (watch the blowtorch please..), Pineapple and Peeps Pizza (say that 3 times fast after a few slushies!!).....there is no limit to what your imagination can come up with.

Only rule is no microwaving.....we saw what happens to a "nuked" peep last year. :( RIP little peep.

Alternatively, if you can't cook, then use your 30 min. to come up with a Peep Costume. You could give us a Peep Show. Yeah, I know, I've worn out that joke a million times... :p :rolleyes: The costume doesn't have to be for you...you can pair up and make one for someone else. The possibilities are endless!!!

So put your little Peep heads together and see what you can dream up.

Disclaimer: the above thoughts are those of Slick only and given without the exclusive permission of the host!! :p

Uabassoon
03-26-2006, 11:54 PM
I think instead of the firetruck the Peepmobile should be the main attraction at the BBQ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/23.jpg

slick
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!
OMD, Laura....that is just too funny. Where can we book this??? What will the neighbours say??? :D :D

gini
03-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh, I am sorry everyone - for some reason I didn't get any notice that there were additional posts so I haven't seen any of these.

Anna, I was so hoping that you and Mark could make it, but I totally understand. Amy too.

This BBQ started four years ago because Lut and her family were going to be in Los Angeles. Sadly, they couldn't make it - but I went ahead and held the BBQ anyway and we had such a great time - and it has turned into an annual event. But it really is asking a lot of people to fly to Los Angeles for a BBQ - and I fully understand. I mean it is a long way to go for a piece of chicken and a slushie - well, there are the peeps too.

There will be a PEEP-A-BOO contest this year..................details later. :D

shais_mom
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!
What will the neighbours say??? :D :D

PROLLY
SHUT THE F*&^ UP!
:eek:

;)

Uabassoon
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
PROLLY
SHUT THE F*&^ UP!

;)

Staci! Those neighbors of Gini are far to nice to ever say anything like that :D

slick
03-27-2006, 07:04 PM
120 more sleeps until I leave!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14172878.htm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/117300660/in/pool-tc/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/117300659/in/pool-tc/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/117300657/in/pool-tc/

I do believe Peeps are starting to take over the world!

gini
03-28-2006, 07:42 PM
And all of you made fun of me............well, I tried to tell you well in advance THAT PEEPS RULE THE WORLD! And the more "elderly" they are the better. :)

slick
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
And all of you made fun of me............well, I tried to tell you well in advance THAT PEEPS RULE THE WORLD! And the more "elderly" they are the better. :)
Ummm, elderly???? Excuse me but "corpses" that I saw were practically mummified... :eek: :D

slick
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/Floridian/40898/Power_to_the_peeps.html

Peeps are popped into cocktail glasses to make Peeptinis, or spiked on skewers for Peep Kebabs.

OK, so it's an old article but I love the pictures...and there are some fascinating Peep facts. ;) :D

lbaker
03-29-2006, 11:22 AM
As reported in a recent issue of Science

Peep Health: Perhaps one of the most under-represented areas of study worldwide, issues of Peep well-being are only now making their way into the mainstream consciousness.

* Risk Analysis: Investigating the effects of smoking and alcohol on Peep health.
* Medical Miracle! Quintuplet Peep siblings, conjoined at birth, have been separated through this daring application of modern medicine!
* Fear Response: Discover what causes this dramatic Peep behavior.

gini
03-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Peeps, by comparison, are tame, virtuous.

"Peeps don't do anything," Craig says. "For some people, that's kind of appealing: Simplicity."

I rest my case................... :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/Floridian/40898/Power_to_the_peeps.html
OK, so it's an old article but I love the pictures...and there are some fascinating Peep facts. ;) :DI wonder if Peeps float on the bottom like raspberries? :D

• As many as 2-million Peeps a day roll off the conveyor belts at Just Born Inc.
Do the math, that's 730,000,000 (730 million) a year! Good thing they have a high attrition rate or they'd really take over the world. All us mere humans would just drown in a sea of marshmallow. ;) :D

RedHedd
03-29-2006, 12:22 PM
In a Best-Dressed Peeps contest in Philadelphia, a Peep wearing a scrap of cape becomes Lil' Bo Peep. Another on a tiny motorcycle is Peepy Rider. Peeps decorate a purse carried by a drag queen in an Easter-grass skirt. A movie concept, Bad Peeps, shows tattooed gang Peeps.

Peeps are popped into cocktail glasses to make Peeptinis, or spiked on skewers for Peep Kebabs. They are gorp for hikers; carbo-loading for lacrosse players.

In a Peeps Eating Contest, posted results show Mike inhaled five Peeps in 24.3 seconds.

Peeps are the weapons of subversives. One mall rat e-mails that she and a friend "Peep'ed" the shopping mall, sticking Peeps inside shoes and on store displays with ugly clothing. The notes read: You've been peeped.
:D :D :D

RICHARD
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I've been putting off posting this forever, but it's not going to be possible for Mark and I to come this year:( I was SO looking forward to it, but we've decided to pay off all our bills first :rolleyes:

I know you'll all have a great time, all I ask is please have one of those yummy slushies for me:D

Maybe next year!

:(

You get bills twelve months a year.....

anna_66
03-31-2006, 08:03 AM
:(

You get bills twelve months a year.....
I'm not happy about it either.
These were Christmas bills and we went a tad overboard on getting gifts for each other :o :rolleyes:
Nothing for each other for Chirstmas this year;)

slick
03-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Anna, I'm really sorry that you won't be attending. However, don't forget that if we can arrange it, we'll get you on the phone and "pass you around"! :D Would love to talk to you at least. Maybe you could PM Gini your phone number and someone can call by cell???

lbaker
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
.."call by cell"... or would that be call FROM a cell. uh oh..... :rolleyes:\
~ bills or bail? bills or bail :confused: :D

shais_mom
03-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Anna, I'm really sorry that you won't be attending. However, don't forget that if we can arrange it, we'll get you on the phone and "pass you around"! :D Would love to talk to you at least. Maybe you could PM Gini your phone number and someone can call by cell???
I have Anna's number in my phone - will just have to keep said phone charged up this year!

gini
04-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Prepping for the July BBQ. Richard, Gini, Laurie and I are having a little too much fun together. :)

Its going to be another wonderful BBQ. Rascal says he can't wait for all the love, attention and GIFTS he'll recieve in July. ;)

Can't wait!! :D

Hugs,
Kelly

anna_66
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh would you really?! That would be so wonderful:D:D Next best thing to being there right?!!!!
Yep, Staci has my number:D

gini
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
This is Laurie at Gini's... They (Richard, Kelly and Gini) are in the living room while Annie, Rascal and I are in "The Dog House"... :( I just gave the kits some leftover scallops from my dinner with E's Secretary and Don last night. Only problem ~ I just kinda threw them on the carpet.) Bad Laurie, bad, bad move :( Well, not really serious, but I'm embarrassed :o Beautiful, incredible show today "Ashes & Snow". It can't be described, you just have to experience it.

mruffruff
04-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Is it too early for a Kelly Countdown?

I have my ticket. Arrive at LAX at 2:37 PM on the 19th. Haven't made firm hotel reservations yet, but plan to soon. Anyone else as anxious as I am?

Killearn Kitties
04-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Arrive at LAX at 2:37 PM on the 19th.

You hope! :D :D :D

slick
04-10-2006, 09:25 AM
I have my ticket. Arrive at LAX at 2:37 PM on the 19th.
Ah, I think you made a mistake. Isn't that 2:37 AM??? ;) :D Looking forward to seeing you again Mary.

mruffruff
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Not this time!! You just want an excuse to run around the streets in your nightgown :D

gini
04-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Is it too early for a Kelly Countdown?

I have my ticket. Arrive at LAX at 2:37 PM on the 19th. Haven't made firm hotel reservations yet, but plan to soon. Anyone else as anxious as I am?

:eek: :eek: I will alert the neighborhood!!!! :eek:

Seriously, I am thrilled with this news................(and we will all wash our nighties in advance).

zippy-kat
04-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Wellll.... maybe the new boss isn't so bad afterall. There's a chance I might be able to make it to Cali AND a dogpark meeting this year!

captain
04-12-2006, 12:54 AM
You KNOW I would LOVE to be there :D

But seeing as you are "passing" Anna around, any chance you could get onto MSN or even gmail, and chat to me?
I have a microphone ......... you just need speakers .......... and I will make sure I have a pitcher of slushies next to me when we chat .....
Or we can just TYPE chat .....:D

Any takers??? :D

zippy-kat
04-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Everything's still kinda up in the air right now so I'm not 100% sure I'm going, but I do have a gmail account. (I've never used the chat feature before though.)

Sounds fun and exciting!! It'd be a pleasure to "meet" you, Captain! :D

RedHedd
05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Bump

gini
05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
RedHedd, thanks for bumping this up.

We have so many other terrific meetings going on with Pet Talker's I didn't want to be obnoxious about the BBQ.

It is certainly still "ON" - and word has it there may be a little carry over from Thursdays - with "line dancing" for real.

:eek: :eek: Oh, Oh, what will the neighbors say this year? :D

gini
05-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh no!!! Slick has a costume all ready for her arrival at LA's airport.

We need to hide Richard - and pretend we have never seen her before - don't know her - but hey, maybe she will bring a nifty hat for you to wear this year!

slick
05-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, I do have something in mind but not sure if I can pull it off. I need to work less and play more in order to get it all done. We'll see. ;) :D

RICHARD
05-18-2006, 02:10 AM
You KNOW I would LOVE to be there :D

But seeing as you are "passing" Anna around, any chance you could get onto MSN or even gmail, and chat to me?
I have a microphone ......... you just need speakers .......... and I will make sure I have a pitcher of slushies next to me when we chat .....
Or we can just TYPE chat .....:D

Any takers??? :D

Poor Gini......she not only opens her doors to people, but she also lets people post from her computer...

Oh and what is the time difference between "down under" and "up and over"?

LOL, I think that having a drink at THAT hour may be dangerous? :D

I'll try to convince her....

Gini,
Slick don't know what we have in store for her! :p

slick
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Poor Gini......she not only opens her doors to people, but she also lets people post from her computer... ....and
- sift through her drawers
- clean her kitchen
- sweep her floors
- cook her meals
- show up at 2:30am

...in other words, completely take over her house and her life for a week and when all is said and done, she has a big fat Roto Rooter bill to pay and screaming neighbours. ST...oops, cancel that. :D :rolleyes: She must like it, otherwise she wouldn't keep inviting us back. :p

Gini, Slick don't know what we have in store for her!I could say the same thing......hee hee hee hee hee :D

gini
05-18-2006, 11:30 AM
And all I did was invite people to a ONE DAY BBQ!!

Slick, you forgot "clean the litter boxes".................

Rascal came running in and said "Mom, Slick is playing in our sand again!!"

catland
05-18-2006, 07:13 PM
I made a special purchase a little while back. Byron asked "is that for the pettalk picnic?"

He knows me too well. :eek: :D

slick
05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Let me guess Julie. Wine coloured pants???? :D :D

wolflady
05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
...or perhaps a bottle of...wine away?? *snicker*

NoahsMommy
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 63 DAYS TILL THE 4TH ANNUAL PT CA BBQ!!!

I've already requested the time off and am sitting here getting all my info together for me and the girls + Aaron to decide on hotels. YAY!! :)

Can't wait!!

NoahsMommy
05-24-2006, 11:56 PM
KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 59 DAYS!!
(THAT'S LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!!)

:D C :D A :D N :D T :D :D W :D A :D I :D T :D !!!

slick
05-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Kelly, it does my heart good to see you posting. Can hardly wait to see you again.

57 sleeps...or....56 days until I arrive. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted you to know that I won't be able to attend the BBQ this year. :( I'm doing a lot of remodeling to my condo so I'm taking some time off for this and I'm also spending a lot of money so I can't afford it financially either. I hope to be able to attend the 5th annual PT BBQ. Please take a lot of pictures for me. I know that everyone will have a great time.:)

gini
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Tracey, I am so sorry that you cannot attend this year. However, no one understands home improvement more than I do.
It seems my old home is always in need of something that requires even more cash.

You will be missed.

I wish you good luck with your home improvement projects and I think we would all enjoy pictures when you are done.

xxoo Gini

Edwina's Secretary
05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh Tracey!!! Say it isn't so..... :( :( You will be so missed.... :( :(

shais_mom
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
sorry to hear this Tracy - I think if I come this year next year I might have to skip it - maybe every other year for me.. Hopefully you'll be around tho so we can chat on the phone?

and....

I booked my FLIGHT!
last time I checked round trip - non stop was $425 with taxes I was kicking myself for not booking earlier BUT I ended up getting it for $411 with taxes! :)

NoahsMommy
06-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Tracey, I'm so sorry you wont be down. Now I'll FOR SURE have to schedule a N. Cal trip up for a cat show and meeting up with you, Amberlee, Di, Karen, etc!!! I'll sure miss you, you've been to all of them so far, right??? :( :( We have to see pictures of your 'new' condo then! ;)

Stace!! Its on my calendar!! I'm going to have mom drive us! Yay!! Can't wait!!!

Slick! Ditto!!! ***hugs***

KELLY KOUNTDOWN: 50 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE 4TH ANNUAL S. CAL BBQ!!!

slick
06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I've been pacing back and forth on this decision and it's been keeping me up at night.

I'm sorry to inform you that I will not be attending this year. I've contacted the airline and they are giving me a full credit to be used before July, 2007. It's just that I need to save money for a big trip I want to take next year.

I hope you all understand. However, I will be calling down there to make sure you are all in line.....

Have fun everyone.

Edwina's Secretary
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
What, what, what?????? I must take to my bed.....First KAK and now Slick....

:( :( :(

lbaker
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
:confused: :confused:

gini
06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Move over, Sara, I am not happy about this news either. Slick and I have been emailing back and forth and I fully respect and understand her decision.

The fact that she will be sorely missed is another matter that we will have to deal with and thank goodness for telephones!

In the following post I am going to make a list of guests and hope that others will be able to attend as well.

Please know that I really appreciate the fact that to fly/drive to California for a one day BBQ is asking a lot. I feel this one will be quieter - uh......what did I just say? Well, not quieter - but fewer people will be attending.

Neighbors - you are on alert - I am allowed to have one noisy BBQ a year! :D :D

gini
06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
GUEST LIST AS OF JUNE 6, 2006 - skip over that 666 part - o.k.? :eek:

STACI
TONYA
KELLY
KAREN
AARON
SARA
DON
PNANCE (TRICIA)
LAURIE
RICHARD
MARY
JULIE
BYRON
RANDI ??? (I hope, I hope)

Now, if we could only encourage our other Californian's to join in - !!!!

Killearn Kitties
06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I feel this one will be quieter -
Well that should keep you know who over the fence happy!

Do you have conference call facilities, and speakerphone? If you rigged that up in the garden (you can plug it in with the slide show facilities), then we could all dial in at the same time and tell raucous jokes at the tops of our voices! How about that? :D

I doubt that it will be a quiet affair whatever you decide to do. I heard that the guys in the red truck had this year's date noted in their diaries.

catland
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Slick and KAK - so sorry you can't be there. I'm going through baileys withdrawl already. :(

I certainly understand how those nasty priorities can get in the way.

gini
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
pppsssstttttt - don't tell Slick...........but I swiped her Bailey's recipe and if you are all really really good - :D :D Bailey's will be served. And we will all raise our glasses and cheer her name!

slick
06-09-2006, 05:21 PM
pppsssstttttt - don't tell Slick...........but I swiped her Bailey's recipe and if you are all really really good - :D :D Bailey's will be served. And we will all raise our glasses and cheer her name!
Hope you've got the proper mixer....... ;) :D :D