PDA

View Full Version : Happy ending to the sad tale of the dog nobody wanted

Miss Z
01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I saw this story in my local paper today...

Lancashire's lonliest dog looks set to get his most longed-for belated Christmas present, a new home.
The poor pooch has been waiting for 2 years in RSPCA kennels for someone to choose him. But since Yogi's tale has been posted in another Lancashire newspaper, the shelter has been swamped with people wanting to help him.
And the love-starved pooch, who is actually developing a painful back problem after all those months pacing the hard kennel floors, is lapping up the attention.
Just two hours after the story hit the streets, six people called into the shelter just to see him and even more rang up to ask if they could offer him a home.
Yogi first came to the RSPCA in February 2004 after he was found wandering the streets. Most pets are rehomed within 3 months, but almost 2 years on, Yogi had no luck.
Now staff are delighted that the friendly little collie cross is finally getting the attention they feel he deserves, and they hope soon he'll have a real home of his own.
Animal care assisstant Liza Goode said, "It's been non-stop. Three people are down there looking at him right now.
He's had 3 separate people down, one after the other, and another person was just looking around and also took a shine to him.
Everyone's been asking about him too. People who have come to look at the animals are all asking about him. It's been great.
We've got another lady who is coming down tomorrow to see him, that's if he's not been reserved already by then.
He's getting a lot of attention. Everyone loves him. And hopefully, if this carries on, he'll be in a real home of his own by the end of the week."

I'm so glad that Yogi's future is brighter now:)

CathyBogart
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Way to go Yogi! I hope he ends up in the best forever home!

Allecto
01-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Good for Yogi! :D I hope he's home soon. And hopefully the other good samaritans who don't get selected as his family will take a good long look around the shelter anyway, so that no other little one is waiting there for two years.

Roxyluvsme13
01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Aww thats great! Yay Yogi!

Alysser
01-06-2006, 04:32 PM
YOGI! AW! He finally got a home:)