PDA

View Full Version : Putting Belle to sleep

Dixie Belle
01-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I think the last time I posted I told you about Belle being paralized. We did a treatment on her that helped her regain use of her hind legs. Unfortunatly, another spot in her back has broken and she is paralized again. After alot of talking, we have decided to put her to sleep. She has several vertabras in her back that are damaged, and her hips are messed up. She is eating, but rapidly loosing weight. This has been a very hard decsion for us to make, but we feel we have made the right one.

I'm taking her this afternoon. Everyone please pray for us.

Karen
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh dear, Dixie.

It does sound like right thing to do, without a doubt, but that never seems to make it less painful in the end.

Give her a great big Saintly hug for me, because she's your great big girl, and tell her to look for Freckles and Bruni at the Rainbow Bridge, and they'll bring her right over to my Mom, who always had a very special place in her heart for Saint Bernards.

Of course you're in our prayers.

Corinna
01-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Heartfelt sorrow foryou .Hugs and prayers . I know it's hard but we know when it's time to let our best freinds be pain free. Please know I'm thinking of you and Belle.
Merlin will be at the bridge to meet her and show her around heaven.

Miss Z
01-06-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm so sorry. But you are doing the kindest thing you can for Belle, she can pass away peacefully and pain free. I deeply sympathise, you and Belle will be in my thoughts:(

Bonny
01-06-2006, 10:50 AM
So sorry to hear you have to put your dog Belle to sleep. It is a hard decision to make & have been through it with a dog we had long ago. He could no longer move his hind legs & cried because he could not get up & help us herd cattle. He was a working dog & loved to help us on the farm. His name was Buster & we still talk about him to this day. God Bless You & Belle & good thoughts & prayers are being sent your way.

poofy
01-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Im so sorry to hear about this..My heart goes out to you and dear Bella, I dearly loved to see her Pictures..

elizabethann
01-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Belle. Please take care.

caseysmom
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I am sorry you are having to go through this. Its the hardest thing we have to do as the guardian of our pets. You have done everything you could do and now you are doing the final merciful thing for her. Big {{{hugs}}}}

Queen of Poop
01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
So sorry that you are having to say goodbye to Belle. It is the hardest thing you'll ever do in life. But it is also the kindest thing for Belle. Prayers for you both.

juju
01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Im so sorry to hear of your sad news loving thoughts to you all.

julie

Glacier
01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry for your impending loss. Godspeed Bella.

lv4dogs
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}

What you are doing has got to be the most unselfish thing to do, it is the hardest yet most most kindest act for a loved one.

May Belle's journey to the bride be safe & peaceful.

My heart goes out to you, Belle & family. You're in my thoughts.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry.

I can't even imagine. I don't really know what to say. Sending some {{HUGS}} to you ......

you will be in my prayers. :(

BC_MoM
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
May God bless you, Belle and Dixie.

pnance
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm so sorry for you hear your sad new. Prayers to both of you. {{Hugs}}

pitc9
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear, know that she will no longer be in pain and her health will be restored.
{Hugs} to you both.

JenBKR
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It's never easy, even though it sounds like it is the right thing to do in this case. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
01-06-2006, 12:59 PM
My heart is breaking for you :( I wish you a peaceful journey to the bridge sweetheart, where you'll finally be free of pain and suffering. Thoughts and prayers are with you all :(

Kfamr
01-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Cheryl, So sorry to hear of this heartbreaking news.
May sweet Dixie Belle rest in peace. {{HUGS}} to you and your family.

anna_66
01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this but it does sound like your doing what's best for her.

I'll be thinking about you today.

Many, many {{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

CountryWolf07
01-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm verry sorry to hear about this. May she rest in peace, she'll be able to run again over that bridge! :)

Jadapit
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm truly sorry. You are in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

.sarah
01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this :(

Enjoy the rainbow bridge, sweet Belle. Romp, run, and play with all your friends.

luvofallhorses
01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I am so sorry! :( (((hugs))) Prayers for you and sweet Belle.

K9soul
01-06-2006, 05:56 PM
My very deepest sympathies go out to you during this heartbreaking time. You and Belle will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

delidog
01-07-2006, 05:25 AM
I am Deeply Sorry for your loss....
Godspeed to the Bridge Sweet Dixie Belle

Alysser
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
I am so sorry for your lose. I know how hard it is to let go. But it's for the best. Your heart is in the right place. Your are in my thoughts.(((((((Hugs))))))))

Pembroke_Corgi
01-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog Belle. I'm sure she was a great friend to you, and I'm sorry for your loss.

cyber-sibes
01-07-2006, 10:32 AM
(((( hugs )))) to you, Belle will be waiting for you at the Bridge.

jackie
01-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Hugs :(

shais_mom
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
prayers on the way for you and your family.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh, no. Cheyrl, my sorrow just pours out to you and your family. I'm sure that this was a very difficulet decision for you to make. I'm so sorry. Play hard at the bridge, Dixie Belle. :( :(

K9karen
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
My God, I'm so sorry and saddened for you. What a hard decision to have to make, but truly unselfish. Now the sweetheart will be restored to health. She'll be waiting for you on the other side. {HugsJ

Sudilar
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
You have my heartfelt sympathy. I know EXACTLY what you are feeling. Just a bit more than 2 months ago, I had to do the same. I still hurt terribly.

The Final Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.
You will be sad- I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go.
I know in time you too will see
It is a kindness that you do for me
Although my tail, it's last has waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Don't grieve that it should have to be you
Who has decided this thing to do
We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
Author Unknown

lizbud
01-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Belle.This is one of the saddest times
of having a pet. The final separation from them. :( Sue, thank you
for posting that poem. It is beautiful & helped me a lot when Buddy
left me for Rainbow Bridge. You & your family will be in my prayers.

Dixie Belle
01-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Thank you all so much. Keep an eye out for her memorial. I plan on writing it this week.

dab_20
01-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I am so sorry for you. That is such a hard decision to make, but you did the right thing. You are ending Belle's pain, and you both will be reunited in the future. My deepest sympathys, prayers are headed your way. {{{HUGS}}}

poofy
01-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Still thinking of you..

KYS
01-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I am so sorry, My heart goes out to you.
She is having fun, will be in your heart forever and will be watching over you.
RIP sweet Belle