PDA

View Full Version : For those who prayed for Brandon...

Laura's Babies
01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Brandon and his Mom were just here for the funeral of Brandons uncle last month. I got to see Brandon and was stunned at how HANDSOME he is and how all grown up he is and I made SURE I got some pictures that were taken for the PT'ers that helped with the prayers for him after his horriable wreck last March. He was quick to show his scars to the family and I can tell you, he has plenty! Pictures of the car made us wonder how anyone came out of it alive, it was a miracle that they all didn't die since there wasn't much left of the car, just a jumbled mass of metal.

Brandon is so outgoing now that I sat in astonishment whenever I was around him. His Mom said the wreck really brought him out of his shell and he is so different now, so much fun and grateful to be alive, making sure he enjoys life. She says (and it shows) that since his wreck, they have become extreemly close and bonded like never before. From what I saw, he is a fine young man with a good head on his shoulders so the prayers were well used and appreciated. I can not say enough about how NOT wasted those prayers were and to thank you, I wanted you to see pictures of him.
Brandon with his Grandmothers cat Jack, in Florida.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Brandonresized.jpg

Brandon on the left with his Mom (Cindy) sitting on his lap. Rie with her grandson Dakota on the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/DakotaCindyBrandonMarie.jpg

Brandon with his Uncle Mike that died last month and Lil Mike.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/BrandonandBigMikeLilMike.jpg
Brandon on Pensacola beach.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/DSCF0887.jpg

The last 2 were taken, I think, the summer before Brandons accident.

Thank all of you for the prayers sent on his behalf and thanks for your continued interest in how he is doing. This young man has really been through a lot, having had 2 brain tumors and a heart condition and then that horriable car wreck.... and he has come out of it with a unbelievablely, positive attitude!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2006, 08:57 AM
WOW!!

I missed his story when you first posted asking for prayers.

Thank God he is doing good and so positive about things. It is sad that he has been through so much.....

*he is VERY handsome!!!!!!!!!!!* :o

ramanth
01-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Laura, I'm so happy to hear that Brandon is recovering well from his ordeal! What a handsome young man.

I love the pic with the kitty. :) Thanks for the update!

Corinna
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks I'm printing them for my mom so she can show the prayer circles she had praying for him. What a handsome young man.

Laura's Babies
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Corrina, I was hoping you would do that(or somehow make sure she saw them) ! It would help a great deal to see the results of their prayers and encourage them to offer up more for the next person needing them. It was the power of prayer that has kept Brandon alive all these years through everything he has went through. God has blessed that young man over and over and he is a son that I think, any mother would be proud of. He is SO funny sometimes and so full of life that I just sat and watched in amazement at this wonderful person that God has blessed with life.

ramath... That cat Jack is one I would have stolen in a heartbeat. He is the most affectionate cat I ever met and just drips sweetness all over the place. He came to their house one day as a kitten and refused to leave. I loved being around him and threatened my sister every day that I was going to steal him.

ramanth
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
ramath... That cat Jack is one I would have stolen in a heartbeat. He is the most affectionate cat I ever met and just drips sweetness all over the place. He came to their house one day as a kitten and refused to leave. I loved being around him and threatened my sister every day that I was going to steal him.
AWWW!! You should have her send you pictures of him to share. He looks like he's just loving the attention from Brandon. :D

Laura's Babies
01-06-2006, 11:58 AM
ramath, I posted pictures of my sisters cats when I got back from Florida. I took pictures of them when I went for Mikes funeral.

I posted this one of him in the bed I made and sent for Christmas
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1795.jpg

Here is is in the bed playing with his new sister Sassy..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1794.jpg

Felix
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Such great news :D

kimlovescats
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Laura, it is so wonderful to see Brandon so well and happy ... what a beautiful family you have!!! Brandon's mother looks young enough to be his girlfriend! :eek: Rie is very pretty as well, and cute little Dakota is something else!

Praise God that Brandon has fully recovered and has such a new outlook on his life. He is a very handsome and blessed young man!

Hugs,
Kim

catmandu
01-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Thats wonderful to see that Fine Young Gentleman up and about,showing that a Man may be down,but Hes never Out.
The Found Cats and I pray that All is well with Brandon.

christa
01-06-2006, 09:29 PM
What a wonderful update, Laura! I am so happy to hear that he's doing so well now and am especially glad to hear that his horrible near death experience has changed his outlook on life. Many times it does . . . hopefully he will always remember and be a better person for it. :) May God ALWAYS bless & keep Brandon safe & protected, from now on - he's seen enough in his short life already! ;)

QueenScoopalot
01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Awww Laura! :) What great pictures, and what a miraculous young (and handsome) man Brandon is. I agree with Kim...Brandon's mom looks so young she could pass as his girlfriend lol! :eek: Despite all the tragedies your family has endured the past year, it's so nice to see and hear some good news after all the heartache. ;) May this year be one that's wonderful for your entire family and you too. And belly ~rubs~ and noserubs to that cutie Jack! :D

carole
01-07-2006, 03:29 AM
I too was thinking what a good looking family you all are and I am so thrilled to hear Brandon is doing so well now, what a terrible tough time you all had, now let us hope it is all good times from now on,the old saying that something good comes out of something bad may be true after all , since you say Brandon has now come out of his shell a lot, truely a miracle situation and one I am happy to read about, take care everyone and thanks for sharing with us.