PDA

View Full Version : What makes you laugh

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
This might tell a little too much about how immature I can be. But I have been a depressed grump for the past week and I wanna talk about things that make me laugh.

Besides Tinky and Jupiter's DAILY antics which CRACK ME UP!!!!

Here are a few other things that make me laugh.....

practical jokes - some people think that practical jokes are mean spirited but I won't do anything harsh or cruel.

my best friend, her name is Candice, and we are the SAME person. We love to prank call people. We will call businesses and when they answer the phone tell them "i'm sorry you had to hold can I help you?" It is soooooo funny how long some people will keep you on the phone trying to convince you that they didn't call you.

Once (when I was married to Eric). We wrapped up a box like a beautiful present with some fishing line attached and went to Michael's house (eric's brother) and left the gift on the porch. We rang the doorbell and ran back to the car. When he answered the door he was supposed to pick up the present and we were gonna drive off with it.

Well he never picked the present up and just kept standing there with his hands on his hips. So we slowly drove off with the present in tow dragging across the front yard laughing our heads off. It was sooooooooooooooooo funny.

So if everyone would like - tell about stuff that makes you laugh. Even pet stories!!! Our pets can be the funniest. :)

Nomilynn
01-06-2006, 06:46 AM
For me it's hanging out with my two best friends. It doesn't matter what we are doing, we usually end up laughing our heads off - and normally over really silly things.

Last night we went to WalMart because I needed to get groceries. While in the parking lot, this guy ALMOST backed into me (that part isn't funny) and my friend Lisa says, "That stupid f****r he nearly backed into you!" Well.. maybe you have to know Lisa but she NEVER swears and hearing it come out of her mouth is like hearing a baby say it's first word. Me and my other friend started KILLING ourselves laughing it was so funny.

This is a good thread :)

Miss Z
01-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Has anyone ever watched Little Britain? That is hilarious!!!!!:D :D :D

anna_66
01-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Of course there are lots of things that make me giggle and laugh, but one of the things that make me laugh the most is my boy Bon! He's such a character. I can't even explain how funny this boy is (ask Mark, he'll tell you the same thing!). You'd really have to be here to understand:p
He does things every day that make us both laugh, he's such a joy in our life!

LKPike
01-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Jillian makes me laugh every day, she does so many things its difficult to pick just one, that goofball.

hmmm.... well I guess the other most recent would be when Les and I were getting married and he flubbed up the lines lol he basicly married himself lol like when the preacher was saying "I Leslie, take you Leigh.."

The sweetest was when he got all teary eyed when I walked down the aisle, I'm determined to make him do it again this May in front of my family when we do it again.

but he kept saying no no I didnt cry, I had something in my eyes, and when I told my mom that on the phone she laughed and yelled "yeah, TEARS!" lol

RobiLee
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
My husband always makes me laugh! Even when I am mad at him he will snap me out of it real quick by making me laugh. I hate when he does that but I can't help myself and always burst out laughing;). Of course my two pups are always doing something goofy and they make the both of us laugh. My sister and Anna always make me laugh too! I can't tell you how many times I've been talking to Anna on the computer and I sit here chuckling away and even snorting...LOL. I know the family thinks I'm nuts sitting in here in the computer room laughing away all by myself..lol. I love laughing! It always makes me feel good :p .

lv4dogs
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
What makes me laugh the most is Kaige & all of my ferrets. I can just laugh, and laugh, and laugh at their crazy little antics.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Nacey cracks me up!
For Christmas Justin's aunt got us one of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IC8V2/qid=1136562435/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2316281-6369464?n=507846&s=home-garden&v=glance). Justin and I were making ice cream in it last night and we were rolling it back and forth on the floor. Nacey thought she could play too, but the ball was a bit too big for her. I can't describe how silly she was being, but she was so cute and it was absolutely hilarious.

All of my animals make me laugh, but Nacey is a constant goof-ball and so often has us laughing historically.

shais_mom
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Well first and foremost my animals.
:)
and then my coworker Tracey and I have had so many things happen to us at work that we can't help but go into fits of giggles repeating it.
-- a few months ago we were xraying a patient and he actually was a Hurricane survivor so he had this southern drawl. And Tracey had on a scrub top with horses on it and he turned to me and said "she must like horses" and I said "yea she has a couple horses. Come to think of it she should have one that has kids on it too." And he said "how many kids do you have?" and if you saw Tracey - she is all of 104 pounds and looks like she is 20 but she is 29. She replied "4" and the patient sat up and said "4?? Gawd Almighty don't ya'll own a T.V?" I thought I was going to die. I had to stop pushing the cart b/c I was laughing so much. And Tracey yells back at me "ok Musselman just b/c your laughing doesn't mean you can stop pushing" we laughed all nite long.
-- my friend Lorrie - also works in the Lab at work - she went with me to Chicago a couple years ago and there were 4 of us who were together and wanted to get in the cab to go to the train station (we were together) and we were trying to decide who got to sit in the front with the cab driver. Well Lorrie has this head of hair that is really curly and wild that she had skinned back in a bun and I said Lorrie can sit in front with him she said "why me?" I said b/c if he gets fresh you can just unleash your hair on him" we all just died laughing..

Laura's Babies
01-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Nothing makes me laugh faster or harder than watching kittens play. Mama use to say watching kittens was better than anything on TV and she was right. Hours and hours of funny play and antics!

king2005
01-06-2006, 11:51 AM
For me, Rob & Tom make me lol dozens of times a day.. Like a few mins ago, when Jack (my fish) bit Tom & broke the skin AGAIN LOL :D :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
"you can just unleash your hair on him" ..

*lol*

That was funny

you might think this is terrible / you might think this is funny

I have this REAL SERIOUS friend named Kelly. She doesn't laugh at hardley anything!

Candice and I called her a looooooong time ago around Thanksgiving and told her she won a picture of a ham. Kelly of course did NOT seemed amused to have won anything.... so we asked her a bunch of stupid questions like "So tell us how excited you are about pictures of hams?"

Anyway - she told us she really didn't care to have the picture that she didn't understand why we weren't giving away stuff people could use like toilet paper, two liter drinks or lightbulbs.

We were laughing sooooooo hard.... Who wants to win toilet paper, two liter drinks or light bulbs?!?!?!?!? Only she would say something like that!!!!

slick
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
For me, it's not WHAT makes me laugh....but WHO!!!! They know who they are..... ;) ;)

gini
01-06-2006, 12:10 PM
For me, it's not WHAT makes me laugh....but WHO!!!! They know who they are..... ;) ;)

Hey, I resemble that remark!! ;) ;)

ParNone
01-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Oh gosh just about anything makes me laugh. I can be walking through the mall, think of something funny, and just start chuckling. I'm sure people think I'm nutty as a fruitcake.

I feel about Gull the same as Anna mentioned on Bon. Everything he does just strikes me funny. He trots by and I laugh. He just has quirky movements and habits. I view him as my lil' Charlie Chaplin Collie.

My mom is a bit of a character, so anytime spent with her is filled with laughter. We all went to Australia quite a few years ago and my sister and I wanted to go white rafting, while there. My mom is known for avoiding anything strenous or outdoorsy, but decided she just had to go too, even though my sister and I warned her about what to expect. I think she was around mid 50s at this time.

Welp we show up for this tour and my sister and I are dressed like everybody else. Bathing suit, t-shirt and shorts. Very casual. My mom has on white long pants and shirt and a lil' Red rain coat. She looked ready to go yachting, not white water rafting. Worked in our favor though, we ended up with the top guide, who was such a character, that he just had to have the lil' lady in the Red rain coat in his raft. Oh we had such a great time. He and mom teased back and forth through the whole trip.

The one and only rule on this raft trip, was hold onto the rope when the guide said to. Did mom? Of course not. Here's a couple of pics of her on the trip.

This is her, not holding onto the rope, up in the air

http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/Rafting1.JPG

This is her, luckily falling straight back down into the raft vs into the rapids

http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/Rafting2.JPG

Notice the expressions on the lil' Japanese couple. They had quite the fun trip being in our raft too. :)

Par....

Daisy and Delilah
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Daisy and Delilah are hilarious. Their "Mexican Standoffs" are almost too much for anyone to witness. Daisy shows her tiny teeth sometimes and I just can't stop laughing. She thinks she's so big and tough ;) LOL The girls really keep me going!! What could be better for a laugh than our cute little furkids? :D