PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Dog Walking Business

BC_MoM
01-06-2006, 02:34 AM
After observing and totalling all the dogs in this neighbourhood that I never see leave their homes, I have decided to start a dog walking business with my sister.

My sister thinks we should charge $5 CAN (approx. $4.30 US) for an hour long walk.. but if we do it 2 days a week and if someone takes it for two days a week, for each week of each month that's $45 CAN per month, and people may find that pricey.

I was thinking of charging $3.50 CAN (approx. $3.01 US).. Which do you think would be appropriate?

This is more for the dogs than it is for money, I really don't mind walking dogs at all.. the money is just a nice bonus.

Any tips or advice?

buttercup132
01-06-2006, 08:29 AM
i did one for like 5 years and i only charged a dollar a dog, but i dont do it anymore cuz my frend never wanted to anymore and now ere not frends so ya, and plus out main 2 odgs have other dog walkers , like professionals

Flatcoatluver
01-06-2006, 02:12 PM
i don't have any tips!!! but good luck! I have never tried anything like that, but since we live in a contry there is no neighbors around I can walk dog for, so anyways good luck!

k9krazee
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Thats neat, I tried a couple of years ago...and then I got too many dogs of my own to walk, lol. Umm, I think more people would be willing to pay the $3.50, so thats what I would suggest but its really up to you guys. Good luck!

lv4dogs
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I think for a full hour for $5 would be ok. I would pay that for one hour (if I needed a walker). $3.50 would be even better though.

Are you planning on walking mutliple dogs at a time?

binka_nugget
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Around here, a full hour is about $10-15 (CDN).. so $5 would be a real bargain around here.

How about charging $5/hour, but maybe giving the discounted price of $3.50 for "packages" (having them to agree to two walks a week for a month or something like that).

BC_MoM
01-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone. :D

Yes, if there are dogs that are dog-friendly, there will be a bonus of a walk with other dogs for socialization. :)

poofy
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
that sounds like great fun and excersise at the same time..good luck