PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull pup (Rex) and Akita pup (Zero) playing~!!

tz1
01-05-2006, 10:06 PM
My friend Rob brought his 10 month old pitbull, Rex over to my house to play today with my 8 month old Akita, Zero. :D It was such a blast. At first they wrestled with each other for about an hour. We gave them lots and lots of water the whole time. Then I fed them both, separately. We tried to feed them together, but Zero snarled + growled so we separated them IMMEDIATELY. Rex was a little afraid of Zero for a few minutes after that, but then they were fine.

Then we took them for a long walk, came back, and had another play session. All in all it was an awesome time, they wrestled really hard with each other, ran and ran, and now both are collapsed and resting for their next playtime together :D

tz1
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
here are some more.

tz1
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
last 1

tz1
01-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I just wanted to add that even though both breeds are very dominant and usually are bad with other dogs, they love each other and play wrestle for hours...They behaved very nicely with each other. Who would've thought too! A pitbull and akita!! Two dangerous breeds :)

Cincy'sMom
01-05-2006, 10:19 PM
What fun playtime!!

While both pit bulls and Akitas are dogs that sometimes have issues with other dogs, it is great that you are socializing them while they are young! Hopefully that tolerance and friendship will continue as they grow to adults. Dangerous breeds is a relative term ;)

wolf_Q
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Great pictures! It looks like Zero and Rex had lots of fun together!! :)

pitc9
01-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I couldn't agree more, having those two boys play together as much as possible as they grow up will be the best thing for them in the long run.
(Not to mention how wonderful it is for you two to have two pooped pups at the end of the day! :p :D )
Besides that.... we get to see all the pictures too!! :D

anna_66
01-06-2006, 08:34 AM
WOW! That looks like fun:D Nothing more fun than watching two dogs having a great time playing and wrestling!

Hey, I think a couple of those pictures would be great to add to the Dog Olympics (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=96228) thread (in the boxing or wrestling compititons:))!

Thanks for sharing with us!

tz1
01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks! Yea it definitely was great for Rob and I. The two dogs were completely wiped out after, never seen Zero that tired. Wrestling takes so much energy, and we didn't have to do anything :D

k9krazee
01-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Rex is gorgeous, and of course Zero is as handsome as ever!!! Looks like they had a great time :D

Kfamr
01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
So cute! I've always though Zero was soooo handsome but his friend is just as cute. Might I recommend next time taking the pinch collar off of Rex. It really isn't a collar to play in! ;)

Jadapit
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
I love those two! They look like they are having so much fun. If they are anything like mine they can go at it forever. Ebony has never ending engery. ;) Thats great they get along so well. :)

Suki Wingy
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Looks like fun! They are both really cute dogs!

Ree'sKujo
01-07-2006, 05:55 PM
As an Akita owner I must say that's a truly amazing site.It goes to show what a good job your doing training and socializing Zero.Keep up the good work.

piedmontpets
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I am a proud owner of an Akita. Always remember, Akitas are VERY food possessive. If you have other pets, you will want to be certain the Akita is given it's own food bowl or treat well away from any other animals and that no other animal is allowed near the Akita until the food is gone. The two playing together look awesome!

dab_20
01-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Looks like they had fun!! Glad you and your friend are socializing your pups. Maybe they can even become best buds?