PDA

View Full Version : Breed Influence from Pettalk (pics of Oz,Gull and Murph too)

ParNone
01-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Has there been any breeds that you've grown to like based on hearing and seeing them on Pettalk that you didn't before becoming a member here?

I was just thinking today about how much I've grown to really like Huskies based on so many adorable ones here on Pettalk. Nebo, Tori, Roxey, Sherman, Star, Tikeya, Anna, just to name a few. As long as I'm down here in this really hot climate, I doubt I'd ever have one of my own, but if I ever move north, I just might.

Another is the retriever breeds. I've really grown fond of their personalities that shine through here at Pettalk. Tommy, Finn, Daisy, Dusty, Nala, Riley, again just to name a few. I could definitely see me having a Golden or Lab someday.

Also, I got a new camera for x-mas and have been playing around with some of the new features, so I just thought I'd pop a few new pics of the gang here. Totally irrelevant to the thread, but what the heck!

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/GullLookinUp5.JPG

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/OzMurphButt.JPG

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/OzColor1.JPG

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/GullStick.JPG

http://nothinbuttdogs.com/GullLookinUp.JPG

Par...

Karen
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Great pictures, I love the Two Butts shot! :) The long and the short of it ...

There were never any breeds I didn't like before, but I certainly know more about most breeds now than I did before Pet Talk!

BC_MoM
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Cute pictures.

I, too, am growing on Husky's! No other breeds have really grown on me except for them. :p

caseysmom
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Definetely poodles! I was never a "poodle person" before pettalk, now I am hooked thanks to Pam.

Pam
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Definetely poodles! I was never a "poodle person" before pettalk, now I am hooked thanks to Pam.

AWW! Thanks. :) To tell you the truth I didn't like poodles before actually owning one. I became brainwashed by a co-worker years ago who would constantly talk about hers. Before then I too thought they were *sissy* dogs. I am glad Bella and Ripley are helping to overcome that stereotype.

I have always been a dog lover - of all breeds from mutts to whatever! LOL! I can't say I have become drawn to a particular breed, but I sure have come to love the dogs on this board. I wish I could visit every one of them in person. It's like having a couple of hundred dogs without the food bills or vet bills or pooper scooping all of the yards!

CagneyDog
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Border collies. Gonzo, Happy and Misty (and others, but paticularly these ones) really got me attached to the breed.

Great pics, I really like the first one.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-05-2006, 07:24 PM
It has to probably be Poodles for me aswell, thanks to Bella, Ripley and of course Pam :) Labradors have really grown on me too over the last few months (Thanks to Nova, Luka, Finn & Riley to name a few....)

Great pictures by the way! I love your Collie boys!

Alysser
01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
AWESOME PICS! I LOVE all your dogs,Par,espeicailly the Smooths. As you know, I already have loved Smooths all my life since I found out about them. I have loved them more since I met Gull and Oz. They are wonderful dogs. Wonderful. I have also gotten to love Rough Collies and Borders. Calis and BC_Moms dogs have helped with that.

I love mutts even more thanks to Kfamr and lv4dogs. English Setters thanks to Flatcoatluver. Also, Rotties and huskies. Akitas to. Also, Thanks to Meeko and Lily POMS:D

dappledoxie
01-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I've fallen head over heels for smooth collies for the past two years here :D :D I still plan to adopt one from the Collie Rescue of the Carolinas once I have a fenced yard, which is part of the qualitifications for adoption :)

I looooooooooove the pictures!

Christiansmommy
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I think I would have to say Chows...after seeing and hearing so much about Anna's Huney...how could you not fall in love with them!

Any of the merle coated breeds...they just look so neat...such beautiful coats!! Par's Gull is a beauty!

I really do love all dog breeds...all dogs...always have, always will... :)

lv4dogs
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
There are so many breeds that I am/was already fond of, but there have been a few breeds that I wasn't "that" fond of until I came to PT.

Poodles, thanks to Pam & her crew.
Black Coated Retreivers thanks to flatcoatluver
Spaniels, thanks to ChrisH, PJ's mom
Chows thanks to Anna's Honey
Sorry if I left anyone out that may have one of the mentioned breeds, you all have had an impact on me but my memory is not all that good to list everyone.
I'm sure there are other breeds too (there's that memory problem again) :rolleyes: :D

gemini9961
01-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I have also been growing more and more attracted to poodles. I also thought they were foo-foo dogs, but now I know that is far from the truth. I also have grown more and more fond of the labs. I always liked labs but seeing some of them here, I like them even more. I have wanted a pure-bred Maltese since I got Maggie (she's half) and seeing Sassy and Isis (and her new brother, can't remember his name) I want one even more. Sorry if I forgot anyone or any dogs, but that's what I can think of right now. :)

shais_mom
01-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Pit bulls.

And this has nothing to do with PT I don't think but I have been fascinated with Weimereiners recently. :confused:

buttercup132
01-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Great pictures,i think the sheperd breed has grown on me some more, alos as i mentioned before i really like border collies, the more i look at them the more i love them, great danes have always been my second favorite dog but they are slowly moving up to number one!

k9krazee
01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Great pictures Par!! :D

I've actually fallen for poodles...Standard especially. I never ever thought I'd own a poodle before but Bella is soo gorgeous!

Border Collies and Tollers (thanks to Tango, Gonzo, Happy, Blaze and Misty)...

And Aussies, I have actually always loved Aussies but seeing Kaige, who can not fall in love.

iluvmypets
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
i like comedydevils terriers ollie and squid. my mom doesnt like jrts because she thinks their snappy and untrainable but i showed her the pics of ollie and squid balancing biscuits and now she thinks there great lol!

ParNone
01-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Aw thanks guys! I'm really loving this new camera. I may be boring you guys to tears with pics of the trio for a few. :)

Par...

pitc9
01-07-2006, 09:29 AM
I took special notice to Greater Swiss Mountain dogs when I first laid eyes on PT's own RB Dale. :(
Oh Robyn, (Christiansmommy) I swear to you, I felt like I lost my own the day you posted about him crossing the bridge, I cried and cried, for both of you.
Now I get to see the sweet sweet face of Harlee, oh that PINK nose of heres makes it the perfect place to plant a smooch! Like a Bullseye!! :D :p I wish we could see more pictures of her! (hint hint... ;) )

Christiansmommy
01-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I took special notice to Greater Swiss Mountain dogs when I first laid eyes on PT's own RB Dale. :(
Oh Robyn, (Christiansmommy) I swear to you, I felt like I lost my own the day you posted about him crossing the bridge, I cried and cried, for both of you.
Now I get to see the sweet sweet face of Harlee, oh that PINK nose of heres makes it the perfect place to plant a smooch! Like a Bullseye!! :D :p I wish we could see more pictures of her! (hint hint... ;) )

Ahhh!!!! You have seriously brought tears to my eyes! My Dale was so special to me and to think he meant that to others makes me so proud :) I will certainly make it a point to post some Harlee pics sometime today. B/c of Dale and Harlee, Swissies will always be a part of our family. Thanks for your very kind words!

Robyn

Pembroke_Corgi
01-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Great pictures!! So cute!
It's interesting to hear what breeds people have become attached to... I think I am more interested in labs than ever before, because so many PTer's have such gorgeous labs that look really fun-loving. Also, I now want a border collie! :)

cyber-sibes
01-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Great pictures, Par, looks like you're having fun with your new toy!
I've learned alot about different breeds here on PT, that's for sure! I love seeing all the merle-coated dogs especially, didn't know so many breeds had merles. Have to admit, though, I'm still pretty partial to huskies - it's so nice to see so many of them here. I've grown very fond of them all. Amy's pictures of Nebo are always soooo stunning, and who couldn't love every single one of Glacier's?

Ginger's Mom
01-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Your boys look gorgeous. You better watch out or I am going to swipe that cutie-patootie Murph right away from you. ;)
Now as to your question. I guess I would say that Pet Talk has increased my love of many different breeds of dogs. There is one breed that I wasn't familiar with at all before Pet Talk, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, but ever since seeing Tango I have become more interested in the breed. But the best thing is now I feel like I do have dogs that I never would have owned before. I come on here everyday to see how some of my favorite dogs are doing and really get into how they are growing, learning, playing, and just getting along. :)

Uabassoon
01-07-2006, 06:57 PM
PT got me intersted in smooth collies. I remember when Cayter bought Oz I thought he was the most beautiful dog I'd ever seen in my life. Then I started seeing lots of pictures of your two and I fell in love. I especially love the way the blue merles look, they are just so unique and there is something about them that just jumps at me. I'm not sure that I have the personality to ever own a collie, but I know i will always enjoy looking at them.

pitc9
01-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Just wanted to bump this up, this is a great thread!!!

ramanth
01-11-2006, 04:01 PM
To be honest, I didn't know anything about Smooth Coat Collies till I saw your two, and now I want one!

In a way, Kia opened up my world to ACD's. Didn't know anything about them and would love to add one to the family too.

Husky_mom
01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
i was already hooked to some of them but here thay just got boosted, as you may guess all huskies are my faves, Nebo, Star, Sherman, Tori, Glacierīs bunch, Roxie, Anna, Tikeya, Dakota.......(sorry if i missed any)

i īm also partial to aussies, Jaime, Kaige, Charlie, Rex,Cowboy...
some other breeds i increased my likeness from PT are: Dachshunds, Std. Poodles, BCīs, Pits (all kinds), Chihuahuas, Shelties......
iīn not too much of a lab/golden person, but here we have some very handome puppers

and last but not least the wonderful, marvelous MUTTS, i love them all, they are such characters, Nala, Simba, Kiara, Kia, Tango, Roxy,Niņo..........well you know them, ALL OF THEM.

and ALL PT PETS ARE GREAT

Jessika
01-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Tollers, definitely!! :)

ParNone
01-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks y'all! Glad I've gotten to share the wonderfulness of Smoothies with y'all! That's really what I love so much about Pettalk. I do hang out at Cairn and Collie forums, but I always seem to gravitate more towards Pettalk, cuz I just love seeing and hearing about all the different dogs.

Gotta another Gull pic to share. I just love this guy!

http://www.nothinbuttdogs.com/gullToy.JPG

Par...

tikeyas_mom
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
great pics par!

I'd have to say shelties have grown on me alot more since I have joined pettalk!!

*kisses to my two favorite boys in Vancouver BC*

CathyBogart
01-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Flat-coated retrievers! I had only ever met one before Pet Talk, and she was a rescue with severe aggression problems, so I just never really got into the breed. But seeing the ones on here...they're just the most enchanting dogs!! I would love to have one someday!

lizbud
01-11-2006, 06:29 PM
I would have to say Collies (rough). We had one named Prince when
my children were small.Unfortunately, he died young of a heart problem
and didn't get to be around him long enough to get to know well. He was
a gorgeous boy. :) I wish more people on PT had more of this breed.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2006, 05:51 AM
YES!!!

Smooth coat collies!!

I never heard of one till Oz .... then Gully. I am totally in loooove with them.

I have always been in love with siberian huskies... but the weather here really wouldn't be the best for one. SO as soon as I am ready for a dog... i really really really want a smooth coat collie!!!! :D :D

Poodles too. I never paid much attention to poodles.... but since Bella and Ripley... I think poodles are such funny characters.

lv4dogs
01-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I got another one to add to my list, Golden Retrievers! Thanks to all the golden owners, but I met Crayola just the other day (Gina's Ark Inc. service dog) and boy oh boy am I in love!

Ginger's Mom
01-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes, I need to revise my answer, too. Dachshunds. I never really paid much attention to them one way or another, but since being on Pet Talk and seeing some of the dachshunds and the dachshund mixes (two of which I find absolutely adorable) I have really come to like them. I would now consider adopting one of those cuties.

Suki Wingy
01-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Border collies! :D I never knew they came in smooth coated until now

cali
01-12-2006, 12:04 PM
hehe thanks everyone, I never knew how many people fell in love with BCs cuz of my girls!

as for me..uhh I have started to like Aussie a little more now, I used to think of them simpley as "wannabe border collies" I dont love them but I definatly dont dislike them as much as I used to.

and Dalmations for sure! I love Jillian!

I really want a Husky one day now but that is more a result of Sheba(some will remeber the Blind Husky my mom found along the highway, after she had gotten disorintated during a storm) because of her I would really like to adopt a blind husky one day.