PDA

View Full Version : 28 days off!

Laura's Babies
01-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Happy New year to all PT'ers from the boards River Rat! I got off last night and got in really late, around 2:30am. It was a nice trip and I had a wonderful time even with the challanges I had this time. Christmas was nice and we had all the usual "fixings" for dinner and supper.

As many of you already know 2005 was a terriable year for our family, starting with Brandons horriable accident in March, then my son's horriable accident in May, Hurricane Katrina that I think effected everybody all over the world, but those of us in SE Louisiana even more. Last month we had to deal with the first death in the family in years when my nephew got killed in a car wreck and to end the year, my Grand daughter's apartment in California got flooded from all the rain they had over there but they made it out alive. I feel we were blessed that we didn't loose more family members than we did with the tragic things that happened.

I have tons of hope for the new year (2006) and hope this year will bring nothing but good things to us that will give us JOY! JOY! JOY!

Soon, in Other General I will post recent pictures of Brandon for those who prayed for him so they may see the result of their prayers. (Brandon and his Mom came home for the funeral) I will also post a Eddie update and I may make a memorial for my nephew.. Haven't decided on that yet.

I will be heading to Nashville next week for 2 day company meeting and then these off days will be MINE!! I will be gone the 10th and 11th.

Chester came home awhile ago and he is NOT happy he had to leave Rie-Rie's house!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1792.jpg

prechrswife
01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Welcome home!! I hope that your family has a wonderful year in 2006. :)

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome back!! we can only hope that 2006 will bring a better year for you and your family :) you have lots of catching up here, of course as time permits :eek: :D Glad to see you back! :)

kimlovescats
01-05-2006, 04:03 PM
WELCOME HOME LAURA! You have such a loving spirit, and a true Faith that is to be admired! I pray that 2006 will be a healthier, happier year for you and your family as well!

Did you say you are coming to NASHVILLE next week? Do you think you would have time to meet me somewhere? Where will you be staying? I just live a hop and skip away from there. At least we could maybe talk on the phone again?

Let me know!

Hugs,
Kim

Laura's Babies
01-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes Kim, I will be in NASHVILLE. Checking my flight schedule, I will arrive there MONDAY at 3:38pm. I will be staying at the Sheraton Music City Hotel (looks like it is right by the airport) but I will not have any transportation to go anywhere. Our meetings start around noon Tuesday and end Wednesday around noon for a company lunch, then I fly back home leaving Nashville at 4:30. There looks to be plenty of time for a visit from you if you could manage it. I will be completely out of my element there since I know nothing about Nashville! I will have to dig my phone numbers out of my boat luggage and make sure I still have your number. (I will pm you my cell number)

catmandu
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
We are praying that 2006 will be a year of recovery for You,and Your Family,and that there will be More Many Good Stories than Bad,this year.

moosmom
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Welcome home! I am also hopeful for 2006. You and your family have been through alot last year. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

kimlovescats
01-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes Kim, I will be in NASHVILLE. Checking my flight schedule, I will arrive there MONDAY at 3:38pm. I will be staying at the Sheraton Music City Hotel (looks like it is right by the airport) but I will not have any transportation to go anywhere. Our meetings start around noon Tuesday and end Wednesday around noon for a company lunch, then I fly back home leaving Nashville at 4:30. There looks to be plenty of time for a visit from you if you could manage it. I will be completely out of my element there since I know nothing about Nashville! I will have to dig my phone numbers out of my boat luggage and make sure I still have your number. (I will pm you my cell number)

I did a Mapquest search, and got directions to the hotel! It is only 33 miles from my home! Maybe I can come up Monday early evening to see you? We can go out to dinner or something? :D

Laura's Babies
01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Sounds great to me Kim! I will be SO excited to finally meet you!!! PM'ing my cell number to you right now!

sandragonfly
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
happy happy belate new year to you too!!

yes, me too - hoping for ALL good things coming to you in 2006! you would need, well, deserve 2,006 miracles! ;) I'm very happy you had a great time with kimlovescats! 2,005 to go! :D (and I'll remember a hug from you I'll be getting through lvdogs when I see her again but) here's my really ((((BIG)))) ones for you!

I also saw brandon's thread - I never saw few first threads of his accident and those pictures still were touchy to see - he's one of spirit lifter for sure! I wish him all the best too. and everyone, including you for going through so much!!

know I think of you and loved that picture of sweetheart chester. :) hope we won't stop talking, you need to find another job!! (with nights and weekends OFF)....for us. please? :D