PDA

View Full Version : cat litter

ilovecats
01-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Hiya its me again..lol
Does anyone out there have any good tips for cat litter trays, as iv used a few diffrent brands but still they dont dampen the smell of poo poo i know my babies have to go but i just thought i may aswell ask.
thanks Debi

kuhio98
01-05-2006, 11:03 AM
We put Feline Pine litter in the bottom and any cheapo clay litter on top. The Feline Pine really cuts down the urine smell. But, we clean the box EVERY DAY to keep the poo smell down.

ilovecats
01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
i change and wash their litter tray every day.... do you think i should get another litter tray so they have one each?
Debi.

catmandu
01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Try a Little Baking Soda,mixed in with a Quality Deoderant Litter,Scoop Baking Soda,Or Kitty Litter Brand Multi Cat Brand.
They are great for eliminating smells.

Sonia59
01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
If you have the possibility, it is always better to have at least one litter box per cat.

I also clean everyday, and when I see a poo, I remove it ;)
The pine litter is quite efficient is reducing the smell.

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, having at least one litter box per cat is a great idea. I have 5 cats and 5 litter boxes but they usually only use about 3-4 of them. I also scoop every day and I try to keep at least 2 -3 inches of litter in the boxes so they're able to cover up their waste. :) I use hard clumping litter and baking soda is also a great idea to sprinkle on top if you still have odor problems. My litter boxes are the covered kind so this also helps with the smell. Good luck. :)

kuhio98
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
i change and wash their litter tray every day.... do you think i should get another litter tray so they have one each?
Debi.
We clean the poo out every day but we don't replace the litter. All 3 cats use the same litter box. We replace the litter once a week.

ilovecats
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
i change the litter every day... if i change their litter trays to the enclosed ones where they go inside to do their bits would it be like re litter training them because of the change?
Debi. :eek:

Craftlady
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
i change the litter every day... if i change their litter trays to the enclosed ones where they go inside to do their bits would it be like re litter training them because of the change?
Debi. :eek:

No, you wont have to re-train them on useage of litter box.
You change the litter every day I'd hate to have your litter bill. :D
If you scoop on a daily basis (I must scoop 2 boxes at least 4 times a day) you can just add litter as needed and replace all litter like 1x a month.
I tried having the "extra" litter box routine and they sat unused and was wasting litter. I've always used 2 litter boxes for 3 cats and now still use 2 litter boxes for 4 cats. No one has to wait in line to use :)