PDA

View Full Version : You all are going think I'm nuts!

MyLittleMutt
01-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Well I thought my husband and I had agreed on a name. I guess I was wrong.
He said he does not like the name Tuffy, and won't have a dog by that name in his house. :rolleyes:
He didn't really say anything bad about the name before but last night he agrued with me.

He wants name the puppy Tub Tub :rolleyes: :mad: I don't really like the name.

We went over a bunch of names last night. He kinda likes Bubba but didn't totally agree.

I asked him about Tucker and he said it is not to bad.

I guess he is telling me he don't want any cutsie names. That end with "Y" or "IE"

So for right now, the pup is "Tucker", the poor guy is going be so confused. :(

*Edit* We really didn't have troubles naming Samantha. Since he had always wanted a dog name Sam or Samantha. He has always like both names. So it was pretty much a breeze naming her.

Miss Z
01-05-2006, 07:33 AM
What happened to ziggy:confused: did he not like that either? And isn't Tub Tub a quite cutsie name? Tucker sounds good anyway, and i hope you agree on a name for him soon;)

.sarah
01-05-2006, 07:33 AM
I actually really like the name Tucker. I like it better than Tub Tub or Tuffy.

Yeah, he'll definetly be confused for a while. lol

lv4dogs
01-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I like the name Tucker the best out of the names that you have suggested (well besides Oscar... I still like that name. lol).

MyLittleMutt
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I thought Tub Tub was a cutsie name also. But I still don't care for it. He said he had a toy when he was a child called Tubster or Tub Tub something like that.

I'm pretty sure we will go with Tucker.

Oh, and no he didn't like Ziggy. :(

Ginger's Mom
01-05-2006, 09:43 AM
When I saw the title I knew it was another name change. :) That's okay, if Ginger hadn't picked out her own name, I would have probably been doing the same thing. I like Tucker, I think it is really cute, and seems to fit him well.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I like Tucker better than the others too. Plus the "er" is kind of like in Osc"ar" so maybe it would be easier for him to learn. He looks like a smart little guy though so I doubt he'll have much trouble whatever you decide. :) Good luck!

Anita Cholaine
01-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I love the name Tucker! It's much better than all the other ones... I don't think he'll have any problem learning his name... He must be a smart doggie for sure!

cyber-sibes
01-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Tucker suits him well, is not too cutesie and good luck! ;)

MyLittleMutt
01-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks everyone!

I think he will get use to the name also. I think Tucker fits him pretty well. So looks like that will be his name. :)

cali
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
lol we went through the same thing with Perky,when she came home her name was "Biscuit" we all hated that name, then it was changed to "pebbles" the "Roxy" and finally "perky" lol

dappledoxie
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I love the name :D Tucker's going to be the name of my new addition too, it's a very good name :)

k9krazee
01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I like Tucker a lot more than Tuffy, its a cute name! With Kyra it started out as #5 (my dad didn't want us to get attached :( ) then to Baby, then Peanut, then Hope and finally Kyra, lol.

bckrazy
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
My family had a big debate over Gonzo's name too... I thought the name was dorky, but I was forced into keeping it :rolleyes: whatever you pick, it'll most likely just grow on you. It's better to take time to find the perfect name than to just jump on the first one you think of ^_^

"Tucker" is VERY cute! That's really funny, because my Aunt has a Shih Tzu pup named Ziggy, he's insanely adorable. They are the sweetest little pups. "Tucker" really doesn't look all Shih Tzu to me, even though his face looks like a Shih. I think you're right... my Aunts Shih is literally a walking little mop! "Tucker" looks like he has a little short-haired breed in him.

MyLittleMutt
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not only one had problems with names. :)

bckrazy- his fur really is not that short, it just looks it in his pictures. When I give when a bath he is really fluffy. I'm not agruing if he is pure Shih Tzu or not because we really do not know. I know he is least 1/2. I don't think he is mixed with a short haired dog, then again I could be wrong. His fur seems to long to me to be mixed with a short haired dog.

I'll see what if I can get a better picture of his fur. LOL! That sounds weird. I think he might just be a mix. But not with a shorthaired dog.

MyLittleMutt
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Well I didn't get a picture of the fur, I didn't realize how hard it is.
We will just have to watch as he grows. I don't think he is purebred. But he may least have medium length fur when he grows up.

I noticed when I give him a bath his fur seems really thick, and kinda wavy? I'm not sure if that is a shih tzu trait or not.