PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck!

catnapper
01-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Of course, with the way my luck's been going the past few months, I have a major sinus infection, and currently have the migraine from heck.... and I have to start my new job tomorrow.

I CAN NOT call in sick my first day of my new job! I'm so VERY excited about this part time job. Its not much (working at Petsmart) but its something to get me out of the house and making SOME regular money where I can count on it (right now, my freelance work is NOT a dependable income).

Please say some prayers tonight that this migraine goes away. I'll be able to work with a headache, but NOT this migraine. I have the full spectrum of symptoms: light, sound, & smell sensitivity. Fluorescent lighting in a retail store would KILL me - I can barely stand the lighting in the hosue!

The migraine meds have barely started to kick in. I am just crossing my fingers that magic happens during the night and I wake up at 6:00 AM tomorrow feeling like my normal self! If not, I'll be showing up on Petsmart's front door at 7:00 AM looking like death warmed over, hoping they don't send me home -- I NEED the money and I WANT this job!

CagneyDog
01-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh no :( That really sucks. You'll be in my prayers.

jenluckenbach
01-05-2006, 05:02 AM
I sure hope my prayers are not too late. Hopefully you can get through today. I will be thinking about you ALL day. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Killearn Kitties
01-05-2006, 05:24 AM
I hope you are feeling better today! Sending all my positive vibes your way! Good luck.

sandragonfly
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
belate prayers sent out.... :o :D

did you had a good day? hopefully!

kuhio98
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Kim ~ How did your first day on the job go? I hope it was pain free.

jenfer
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Feel better!

(Can you wear sunglasses at work? :D :cool: j/k)

Barbara
01-05-2006, 03:34 PM
:) Kim, I know you can do it- the migraine meds will work! All the best for you. :)

Randi
01-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Kim, I hope your migraine has disappeared during the night, and your first day on your new job will be OK. :)

Sending good thoughts.

jenluckenbach
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I understand Kim worked her proverbial BUTT OFF today. I hope you have a few days off before you go back again. ;)

christa
01-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Well . . . how did it go today, Kim?

I feel for you, honey! I know exactly how you feel! Too bad you had to go to work with even the worry of a migraine! Hope it worked out! Wish you'd update us!

catnapper
01-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks for asking guys..... I am in misery right now. I had a busy day, relatively migraine free, but the last hour or so of work was sheer h*ll. I left at 4:00 when everyone else worked til 5:00. I was supposded to work til 5:00, but I left for two reasons: the migraine returned, and because I cannot drive after dark. The big manager had NO clue, but I distinctly remember discussing this with the other manager who hired me.

I barely made it home, barely changed into sweats before I collapsed and took a 2 hour nap.

I am still migrainy, and in some serious physical pain. But I'm not sure how much of the pain is from the labor of stocking shelves vs. the migraine pills. You see, the only pill that works for me has a bad side effect: it causes flu-like symptoms of sore throat and muscle aches. So imagine the flu.... and thats pretty much how I feel right now, only add a migraine to it.

K9karen
01-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh Dear God, when it rains, it pours. I hope by today, you're feeling better. What a way to start a new job. :( having had a few migraines in my life, I can feel your agony. I'll be thinking of you and waiting for an update. Fingers and paws crossed that today is a better day.