PDA

View Full Version : Gift Swap--who has still not received as of 1-4-06

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I *think* I know who has not received and who has, but just to make sure please vote in the poll.

Also any volunteers to donate money or items for a makeup package if it is necessary please send me a pm. Thank you.

Kfamr
01-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Ugh. I hate the fact that we freakin have to do this. Why can't people just stick to their word??!??

I have some things I may send along with your package.

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Ugh. I hate the fact that we freakin have to do this. Why can't people just stick to their word??!??

Yes, me too. :( I think the next swap will need some new rules.

Several packages were lost in the mail and replacement packages have been sent, I hope they arrive. This is a good reminder to PLEASE insure your packages with a tracking number so this doesn't happen (that was a requirement.)

Two senders have apparently disappeared I can't get ahold of them at all...I'll send you a pm update of what I know that's going on.

Nomilynn
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM
I've not recieved but Amy I've already talked to you about it so I think things are under control. :)

RobiLee
01-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I have not recieved mine. So you haven't heard from the people who didn't send? Thats really a shame. I hope they are alright. Have they been in gift swaps before? Will these people be allowed to participate again?

Amy and Kay, please don't feel like you have to ask for volunteers or make up a package for me. It isn't nessecary to do that. I know the risks when I sign up for the gift swaps. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out for everyone. I have been very blessed with my previous gift swaps and I am almost certain that I will join up for the next one;)

You two do a great job! Keep up the good work.

Hugs...Robin :)

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 06:30 PM
The two people that have disappeared from PT and didn't send had not participated before. Unless they come back with some amazing explanation, no, they will not be able to participate again.

Everyone else had mailing troubles as far as I know but they did send and have or will be soon sending replacement packages.

Here's to hoping the next gift swap will turn out better!

captain
01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Amy,
I have sent my package, but have not heard if the person has received it.
I have a feeling they may be one of the people who have left PT?

.sarah
01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but, when will the next swap be? I'd love to participate :)

Corinna
01-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I received . I just want to say again how I enjoy this andI want to thank you girls for doing the hard work for it. Please donn't let the few dead beats ruin it for the rest of us.
Amy as I stated before I have some things that I can send to you or to a non recepiant I don't mind sending a second package to someone. Just pm me And I will do it.

captain
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but, when will the next swap be? I'd love to participate :)

Sarah,

We usually do one or two a year ......... so may be middle of the year this year, but not sure.
Keep your eyes peeled .... :eek: :rolleyes:

mina'smomma
01-05-2006, 07:28 AM
I received mine, but I'm trying to figure out what happened to the one I ordered from my buddy. They say they sent it out (after it had been put on back order) and she still hasn't received it.

Cataholic
01-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I will take a make up package. :p

lv4dogs
01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I can help, sent ya a PM. :D

ComedyDevil
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
It sucks that people sign up for these things if they can't follow through with it. It's selfish, sure, they get something nice out of it, but what about their swapper. This is exactly why I don't sign up for it, because I know postage costs would be sky high which would result in me sending a smaller/cheaper package, and I don't think it's fair to do that.

I think you should 'name and shame' those who never sent a package. Even if they dont post here anymore, at least we know who they are, if they ever decide to return in the future ...

anna_66
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't know if you need any more helpers to send to the ones that didn't get theirs but let me know and I'd be more than happy to send some things:)

cyber-sibes
01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
just wanted to say that last year I never received a package back and was sooo disappointed. But this year I did, and we have become close PT buddies! So thanks for all your efforts, Amy & Kay, we know you did the best job possible, and apprecieate your efforts-nothing's ever 100%. please PM me if I can be of help.

buckner
01-05-2006, 06:29 PM
I didn't participate in the swap.

But... Amy, I sent you a PM. If there is anywhere I can help, let me know.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I was asked to post that Lexi_Lover has not recieved either......

LuvGold00
01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I can help too, if you need someone to send another package, let me know.

wolf_Q
01-05-2006, 11:16 PM
First of all, I have to say everyone here is extremely generous! We've had many offers for help, until we find out further info I think we're fine. :)

just wanted to say that last year I never received a package back and was sooo disappointed.

That wasn't a swap we organized, was it? I wasn't aware of us ever letting somebody go without a package...we've had donations and sent them a new package...

I was asked to post that Lexi_Lover has not recieved either......

Yes I know, PrinceBrewJulia keeps voting for her on these things. As far as a I know a package will (has?) been sent to her.

I think you should 'name and shame' those who never sent a package. Even if they dont post here anymore, at least we know who they are, if they ever decide to return in the future ...

I would, except that I do not know the circumstances for their not sending. For all I know something bad could have happened with them (hope not!) because we can't get a hold of them to find out, so I wouldn't want to do that if they had a real excuse. But we keep track of who didn't send...

cyber-sibes
01-06-2006, 09:29 AM
That wasn't a swap we organized, was it? I wasn't aware of us ever letting somebody go without a package...we've had donations and sent them a new package.....
No, it was the PT Secret Santa Swap, my point was just that it is disappointing when someone who says they will participate doesn't. :) No offense to you guys, like I said, you are doing a wonderful job!

jennifert9
01-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Just wanted to say that I am one of the people who did not send their package. And YES, I do have a d*mn good explanation. I already told KayAnn and do not feel it is necessary to share it with anyone else except the recipient who did not get their package because it is sitting in a box in my apartment.
It is unfortunate that some people are so quick to judge and jump to conclusions. Thank you Audrey, for sticking up for me...

And BTW, I never received mine either??? But it's no big deal. :)

wolf_Q
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to clear up some confusion here, this gift swap ended up with a lot of issues...But none were intentional, some packages were lost in the mail, some were not sent but with real reasons. Everyone who signed up DID sign up with the intent to send a package. I think (hope) everything is going to work out with this anyway. :)

captain
01-15-2006, 05:46 PM
And BTW, I never received mine either??? But it's no big deal. :)

I did send you a package, but Wolf_Q explained to me why you may not have received it.
I am really sorry, but I went out of my way to get you something of everything on your list - and am sad that you didn't get it.