PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Have ANY Job in the World what Would You be?

Roxyluvsme13
01-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I dunno if there's been a thread like this, but I was just wondering if you could have any job in the world what would you be?
I think I actually am gonna have this job...(someday I hope!) I want to be a veterinarian(sp?). I plan on opening up my own clinic, and providing care to pets whos owners cant afford care for free. I also want to maybe have some sort of rescue for strays(NO KILL of course) attached onto the clinic. So what job would you want?

CagneyDog
01-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I’d love to be Veterinarian but I unfortunately don’t have the marks in school for that. I’d like to be a Lawyer too but the mark problem comes into play again.

I guess the jobs that I like that I will most likely be able to get would be a dog walker, dog groomer, Owning a doggie day care, or some kind of shelter work.

lv4dogs
01-04-2006, 03:56 PM
If I could have any job in world and not have to worry about income? Then I'd open up something very similar to what you want to do, a vet clinic that offers free services, but unless I'm a multi millionare I know that won't work for me.

I'd also like to open up a serivce for the homeless people.

An animal shelter.

The list can go on & on. lol

But if I had to worry about money (but not for college lol) then I'd just be a vet tech, or trainer or the like.

Roxyluvsme13
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Haha I'm gonna have to marry someone rich to get my dream job :D

CathyBogart
01-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I would like to run a reptile sanctuary...for the types of animals that people buy as cute little babies then don't want when they grow up...iguanas, burmese pythons, red eared sliders, etc.

Miss Z
01-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Well, i really want to be a top-class vet when i'm older, so that's really my dream job;)

But also working in Africa to protect the endangered animals would be amazing, and maybe i'd also like to be a trainer of dressage horses:)

animal_rescue
01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
A small part of me has always wanted to be a model/actress/

I would also like to be a dog trainer, handler, dog groomer, or open a doggie day care and boarding kennel and/or animal santuary or inhome rescue.

edit: a couple of other jobs I'm interested in are large cat zookeeper and orca/dolphin trainer.

luvofallhorses
01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I am going to go to college to be a vet tech. :)

Karen
01-04-2006, 04:34 PM
I’d love to be Veterinarian but I unfortunately don’t have the marks in school for that. I’d like to be a Lawyer too but the mark problem comes into play again.

That's not necessarily true - if you work hard in college, you may be able to get into law school. Maybe not Harvard Law, and maybe not first try, but if it is really, truly what you want to do, just do your best in school now, and nothing is truly impossible.

A young woman who once was a high school intern where I worked, who barely got decent enough grades in high school to graduate, got her act together once she was out of school, got training as a paralegal, and is going to law school nights.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-04-2006, 04:36 PM
I would love to be a Veterinarian but I was told you ahve to be really good at math to do that so I doubt I'll ever be able to become one. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I'd want to be except for a groomer but I'm not sure how well that pays and if I could live on my own (with 2-3 dogs) financially as a groomer....

lizbud
01-04-2006, 04:47 PM
If I did it all over again, I'd love to be a writer. :D

Flatcoatluver
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
my biggest dream is to be a animal cop with full powers, in my little city, because my city only has one!!! :eek:

Felix
01-04-2006, 05:50 PM
I would love to become a Forensic Scientist.Some people find it gross but i find it fascinating. :p

moosmom
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I would LOVE to work at a zoo somewhere warm like Florida.

Alysser
01-04-2006, 07:59 PM
:D I want to be a Dog Trianer. A Professinal one. So yea. That's a wonderful idea. I will help! LOL! I REALLY would like to!

Roxyluvsme13
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
These are AWESOME jobs!

CathyBogart
01-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I am going to go to college to be a vet tech. :)
Me too! :)

CathyBogart
01-04-2006, 08:47 PM

I guess the jobs that I like that I will most likely be able to get would be a dog walker, dog groomer, Owning a doggie day care, or some kind of shelter work.

A good friend of mine averaged a 0.86 GPA in high school and went on to be VERY successful in college. Anything's possible!

.powerful
01-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I would love to work at a bird rescue, or a wildlife rescue organization. I'd also love to work at a Zoo!

I’d love to be Veterinarian but I unfortunately don’t have the marks in school for that.

Don't set yourself up for failure! As CathyBogart said, Anything is possible!

catnapper
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm already doing what I love - artwork and design... I only wish I didn't have to wortk with idiots and I wish I made money at it.

Kfamr
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
If money and time were no matter, I'd love to run my own business and have a dog rescue on the side.

CagneyDog
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Maybe not Harvard Law, and maybe not first try, but if it is really, truly what you want to do, just do your best in school now, and nothing is truly impossible.!

I kind of screwed myself last year though when I failed a course. Now I either need to upgrade or take summer school in order to get accepted into most universities. :o

but you guys are right, anything is possible, I just need to make some changes.

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 09:26 PM
I'd love to open a dog related business, most likely a self-service dog wash (with full service grooming maybe once a week) with a store selling dog related gifts (including my artwork/photos) and also a place in the store for animals up for adoption. I'd love to start a siberian husky rescue too, that's not really a job but something I would really like to do.

.sarah
01-04-2006, 09:43 PM
My dream job is to have a dog treat buisness and/or bakery, and I'll actually be starting it this summer :D Anyone here wanna buy from me? Heh. I want it to be all natural, organic, with very few grains and friendly to dogs with allergies. And hopefully I can have a few treats for other pets as well.

There are several things that I'd love to do on the side, whether it be for money, fun, or voluteer. I want to do dog training (I'll be a member of my training club soon, and possibly start teaching classes in a couple years), lots of dog rescuing (fostering, lots of volunteering, spay and neuter advocate), and possibly have a small boutique of quality stuff (hopefully some of my ideas can be invented) for dogs and other animals as a part of my bakery buisness.

My dream job used to be veterinarian, but that changed once I started working at a clinic. I still love it, and I want to continue working there until I have a steady buisness, but I just found out that it's not for me. My dream is to have a job where I can stay home with my dogs. And my two favorite things to do in the entire world is be with my dogs and bake, so a dog bakery seems very fitting.

mina'smomma
01-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I've always dreamed of being a Registered Nurse in a trauma or burn unit. Too bad I got suckered into a degree in business.

JenBKR
01-05-2006, 08:01 AM
I kind of screwed myself last year though when I failed a course. Now I either need to upgrade or take summer school in order to get accepted into most universities. :o

but you guys are right, anything is possible, I just need to make some changes.

You can always start at a community or junior college. There's nothing wrong with getting a start there - I didn't do very well in high school, so I went to community college at first, got my grades way up, transferred to a major university, and graduated with honors :) Trust me, you can do it!

I have always sort of wanted to be a writer, but I also want to be a counselor/therapist.

Anita Cholaine
01-05-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd love to be a vet, or to do anything conected with dogs and animals, but I would also love to do something conected with art and desing. I think those are the only things I would be good at....

I don't see myself at all sitting in an office or as a businesswoman. I hate those kind of things....

rosethecopycat
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
O.k. here's the categories that mine are in

Fantasy Job (not going to happen, don't know anything about it):

Teaching sign language to gorillas.

Dream Job (could happen, if I made the effort, but I don't want to move to California to get connected):

Film Orchestrator (music for movies)

Reality Job (a job that interests me and makes me happy, creatively):

Faux Finisher (decorative painting)

I started doing this for $ this year.

And I am still doing my other two dream jobs:
professional musical arranging/ sax player

king2005
01-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I like my current job. Staying home & mantaining the house of all its needs & the people inside it :)

Its a low stress kind of job

JenBKR
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
In addition to what I said before, I also think I might like to be a stay-at-home mom some day :)

pitc9
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I would train service dogs.

caseysmom
01-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I've always dreamed of being a Registered Nurse in a trauma or burn unit. Too bad I got suckered into a degree in business.

Thats the same for me also...although I don't know about trauma or burn unit I would like to be able to help people.

lv4dogs
01-05-2006, 09:54 AM
If money and time were no matter, I'd love to run my own business and have a dog rescue on the side.

What would your business be?

lv4dogs
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd love to open a dog related business, most likely a self-service dog wash (with full service grooming maybe once a week) with a store selling dog related gifts (including my artwork/photos) and also a place in the store for animals up for adoption. I'd love to start a siberian husky rescue too, that's not really a job but something I would really like to do.

That would be an awesome job/business. And one that I think would be VERY doo-able for you.

Nanook & I will be taking a trip to our local self serve wash soon (it's easier on his arthritic joints than in my bathtub & they have better dryers too).

lv4dogs
01-05-2006, 10:03 AM
That would be an awesome job/business. And one that I think would be VERY doo-able for you.

Nanook & I will be taking a trip to our local self serve wash soon (it's easier on his arthritic joints than in my bathtub & they have better dryers too).

I just looked on their website, and the place near me is VERY much like your dream job, they offer dog supplies AND even Portraits! Just no adoption center, BUT they do hold adoption events, like for the greyhounds & the such.
They have been in business for at least 10 years (that I can remember at least, it doesn't say on their website) but they absolutely thrive.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I've always wanted to be guinea pig or meerkat keeper at Drusillas

(www.drusillas.co.uk)

smokey the elder
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I always thought it would be neat to sing professionally (soloist for a professional chorus, not opera or rock band.) I'd still have to keep my day job, as a chemist but I love that too. A professional friend of mine said I should take voice lessons and take a crack at getting some gigs and that she'd help me out.

Suki Wingy
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
A Zookeeper! Well, a dolphin trainer or a world class showjumper are the next.
Here is my story on what I plan on doing.
Most little kids go through the phaze of wanting to be a zookeeper. I did too. It was a time when I was young and I thought jobs were just something you did durring the day just to do, not for an income. When I got older I thought that the job was way too good to be true, that was not a real, reachable job, just a fantacy. There is where real keepers are separated from everyone else. It recently occured to me that people DO become keepers, it is a real job. Someone's got to do it, they are real people, WHY NOT ME!! So it is my goal to become a keeper of big cats. :D :D :D

k9krazee
01-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, becoming a vet has always been my dream job and thats what I am going to do.

My mom and I have always talked about owning a grooming/doggy daycare/vet service thing all in one.

Roxyluvsme13
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
These are great jobs, and I think you could all do them. My mom's a nurse...(LPN) and she's been one for 29 years. Her job is neat, but I dont think I could handle all the people, so like I said I wanna do the whole vet thing with my own clinic :).

Addie
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Cagneydog, lol....i work at a Doggy Daycare...and to tell you the truth....VERY VERY VERY difficult. There is the problem of dogs getting into fights, the space and rent, cleaning the hair and such. I have an older boss, and she has back problems, and i clean for her before the training sessions... But the fight thing is pretty serious....there was a german shepherd and a lab...and they were really cool with each other...and then Passion started coming, she's a foxhound, about a year old....and Hulio...the Shepherd starting hanging around her more often and Buddy got jealous, and one day they were outside playing in the summer and buddy came and sat at the fence, and Hulio...he grabbed Buddies ear from inside the fence and bit off part of buddies ear! But Susan payed for it all cause her sister owns a clinic...pretty much work

carole
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I want to own a elite and luxury boarding Cattery, I have plans to make my dream come true , but it will cost money, and that I don't have right now, but who knows what the future will bring. :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I want to own a elite and luxury boarding Cattery, I have plans to make my dream come true , but it will cost money, and that I don't have right now, but who knows what the future will bring. :)
That'd be fun! I hope in the future you can own a cattery :).

buttercup132
01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
hmm well a model or somethign to do with saving animals and being with them, it think openeing a shelter would be my thing plus i love cleaning out animals(i dont know why) i love cleaning and the after result, or a photographer (for animals of course) or a artist OR a tattoo artist and peircer, me and my frend plan on opening out our tatoo place

chrangharris
01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I"m doing my dream job- A housewife- I know it doesn't sound like much but I always wanted to take care of my family at home. I love being able to spend my days with my daughter (and future kids) and keep the home running for hubby!

If I wasn't able to do this, I always played around the idea of working in a zoo. I got my teaching certificate instead- it's more practical if I HAVE to go back to work!

Laura's Babies
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
My dream is to hit the big lotto and open a really large "Shelter for Strays". A really BIG house that could house many, many of the homeless kitties in a home like setting that could rescue all the babies in kill shelters/ on the streets or just lost and give them a chance for life. This shelter would also include property out in the country that would have a BIG barn for ferals with a small house to house humans to tend to the ferals needs.

The government would take a lot in taxes so why not form a non profit orginazation to help out our fur friends in need. Some of the funds would be used for free spay and neuter clinics and medical bills for low income people who need help with their pets and a lot of TNR. I would happily live out the rest of my days giving shelter to our little fur friends and tending to their needs.

I reality, I guess I am living my dream job, cooking and traveling. I would like to work in a bakery and learn all I can about baking and cake decorating, just for the fun of it..... and I have always wanted to work at a KFC to learn their recipes and secretes. If it has to do with cooking, I am interested!

Roxyluvsme13
01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
My dream is to hit the big lotto and open a really large "Shelter for Strays". A really BIG house that could house many, many of the homeless kitties in a home like setting that could rescue all the babies in kill shelters/ on the streets or just lost and give them a chance for life. This shelter would also include property out in the country that would have a BIG barn for ferals with a small house to house humans to tend to the ferals needs.

The government would take a lot in taxes so why not form a non profit orginazation to help out our fur friends in need. Some of the funds would be used for free spay and neuter clinics and medical bills for low income people who need help with their pets and a lot of TNR. I would happily live out the rest of my days giving shelter to our little fur friends and tending to their needs.
Thats a Really awesome idea, I hope you win so you can do that! :)

Chilli
01-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I want to be a Mortition! And I plan on going to school to be one once I get out of High School.

Suki Wingy
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
but I dont think I could handle all the people, so like I said I wanna do the whole vet thing with my own clinic :).

Vets have to be very good with humans, what happens when a cat dies and you have to tell the mommy?
You should read the book Real People Don't Own Monkeys: And Other Stories of Pets, Their People and the Vets Who See It All (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1570718229/102-0995888-2471337?v=glance&n=283155)
It is written by a vet about all of the things that happen while being a vet.

Roxyluvsme13
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Vets have to be very good with humans, what happens when a cat dies and you have to tell the mommy?
You should read the book Real People Don't Own Monkeys: And Other Stories of Pets, Their People and the Vets Who See It All (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1570718229/102-0995888-2471337?v=glance&n=283155)
I still have a few years to practice...

Chilli
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Someone at my school said that she wanted to be a vet because animals are "cute and fun". I asked her "Do think an animal would be cute and fun if it was just brought in after it was hit by a car and hurt badly?" She replied, "Well....no.... but that doesn't happen often."
All I could think of is that she needs to do alot more research before she even considers being a vet, if she thinks its all fun. My sister is currently going to college to become a vet, but she volunteered at our vet in town for at least two years before she decided. She plans on either volunteering at the shelter or helping out at a vet clinic pretty soon.

finn's mom
01-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a lot of ideas. :) I really want to own my own business. Not sure what, though...again, I have tons of ideas...a gift shop/photo studio would be nice. My niece and I have talked about doing something together, like a gift/coffee shop...she's very crafty, and, I'm learning to knit and make baskets...so, we have some ideas for stuff. But, yeah, I'd love to have my own thing going on...

ChrisH
01-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Johnny Depp's dresser. :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Someone at my school said that she wanted to be a vet because animals are "cute and fun". I asked her "Do think an animal would be cute and fun if it was just brought in after it was hit by a car and hurt badly?" She replied, "Well....no.... but that doesn't happen often."
All I could think of is that she needs to do alot more research before she even considers being a vet, if she thinks its all fun. My sister is currently going to college to become a vet, but she volunteered at our vet in town for at least two years before she decided. She plans on either volunteering at the shelter or helping out at a vet clinic pretty soon.
I plan on volunteering in like a few years. The animal shelter wont even let you back to see the animals w/o someone unless you're 16...

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Well I really want to work at the Smithsonian Institute (in Washington) and become some sort of biologist there(still deciding).
Then I want to become a vet and possibly work at Alameda East in Colorado(The one from Emergency vets on Animal Planet) Then I would open up a shelter for unwanted pets and animals, where any type of pet is welcome.
I would also like to go to Africa and help save the endangered animals there. maybe opening up an orphanage/ rescue unit for a few of endangered animals.

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Well I really want to work at the Smithsonian Institute (in Washington) and become some sort of biologist there(still deciding).
Then I want to become a vet and possibly work at Alameda East in Colorado(The one from Emergency vets on Animal Planet) Then I would open up a shelter for unwanted pets and animals, where any type of pet is welcome.
I would also like to go to Africa and help save the endangered animals there. maybe opening up an orphanage/ rescue unit for a few of endangered animals.
I'd love to work at Alameda East! Have you ever actually been there?

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I'd love to work at Alameda East! Have you ever actually been there?

No, but i LOVE watching Emergency Vets. I wish I could go visit.

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:47 AM
No, but i LOVE watching Emergency Vets. I wish I could go visit.
Me, too! I've been watching it since I was like 8!

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Me, too! I've been watching it since I was like 8!

Same here! My favorite vet is Dr. Fitzgerald (sp?)

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Same here! My favorite vet is Dr. Fitzgerald (sp?)
I Like them All!!!! :D

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I Like them All!!!! :D

LoL! I like them all but my favorite is Dr. Fitz.

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:58 AM
LoL! I like them all but my favorite is Dr. Fitz.
:D I used to watch EV then do surgery on my stuffed animals... :rolleyes:

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 09:02 AM
:D I used to watch EV then do surgery on my stuffed animals... :rolleyes:

LOL! I used to do pretend surgery on Molly. I had an emergency kit thingy that had a whole bunch of surgical stuff. I would usually roll molly on her back and pretend i was doing surgery on her tummy. lol :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 09:05 AM
LOL! I used to do pretend surgery on Molly. I had an emergency kit thingy that had a whole bunch of surgical stuff. I would usually roll molly on her back and pretend i was doing surgery on her tummy. lol :rolleyes:
I used to do that, too! WIth my dog I used to have. I would put on my moms uniforms, and her badge(shes a nurse) and Then I would get stethscopes and bandaids and everything, boy did my stuffed animals look weird! One time my fave stuffie got a broken leg. Guess what her cast was? Pink tissue! I put lotion on her as antibiotic ointment...lol I still have that stuffed animal, too! :D

dogzr#1
01-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I used to do that, too! WIth my dog I used to have. I would put on my moms uniforms, and her badge(shes a nurse) and Then I would get stethscopes and bandaids and everything, boy did my stuffed animals look weird! One time my fave stuffie got a broken leg. Guess what her cast was? Pink tissue! I put lotion on her as antibiotic ointment...lol I still have that stuffed animal, too! :D

All that's cute! With my christmas money i am going to buy a stethascope (sp?)

Almita
01-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I would like to be what my brothers gf is which is a Vetenarian ( for cancer and diseases) you get to see the x-rays and see what is wrong with them like broken bone or any diseases like viruses. Since there is a place in the section next to her station she works in there is another part she works for which is with the animals with the diseases you have to put on booties and gloves and go in the room where they have the small dogs, another room with cats, and a bigger room with bigger dogs and you go in there take them for a walk to a section outside that is gated and give them baths and also give them the medicine they need and food and water.

A month ago I was there for the Katrina animals and she called me to go with her to her work and help her and I was and I have pictures with me with the animals i was with I mostly got taken with the small pups that were there and the mother was in another cage and I was helping since the water was a little toxic by the time they got them they got viruses and other sicknesses.

Also I have pictures of me with the machines they have in there and what they are for. Like the ones I want to be are either working in the Dentistry, Dermotoligy or Anesthesiology.

CathyBogart
01-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I like my current job. Staying home & mantaining the house of all its needs & the people inside it :)

Its a low stress kind of job

I get to do that for the next three years! (Well, I'll be going to schoo, but I love school so it's not really much work for me)

CathyBogart
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I want to be a Mortition! And I plan on going to school to be one once I get out of High School.

That's awesome, I have a friend who is working on that right now...I never realized how much money there was in being a mortician until he told me.

heidiv
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
If I were rich I would build a new house one more equipt. to help cats in need of a warm cozy halfway house till they can find their forever home. It would be much more rewarding then working in a factory all day. I figure this is my first step to accomplishing my goal work full time and finish my degree in medicine and then I will start a rescue. :D :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Like I said...AWESOME JOBS! :D

Almita
01-08-2006, 11:21 AM

To me I'm kinda used to that bcuz everyone when they are sad they are always coming to me and I'm always cheer them up. But that book seems interesting.

joanofark
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
SO Many things.. I can't decied!:eek:

I think it would be great to be a writer/artist. I love writing fantasy stories and everything that takes a lot of imagination. It helps to have a good imagination to draw I think too.

Right now I'm into Photography. So I think being a photographer would be neat. And I could like star my own buisness and everything...

I always thought it would be cool to just be an actress, But I'm not sure how good I would be at it. It looks like so much fun! I can fake cry but thats about it. And I laugh way to much, so that might not be good actress material, LOL. See what I mean??;)

One other thing that would be great is to just live in a house with lots of land and own a few horses! And hey, why not get a some dogs too??:D

I'm not sure what I want to do!!;)

Roxyluvsme13
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
SO Many things.. I can't decied!:eek:

I think it would be great to be a writer/artist. I love writing fantasy stories and everything that takes a lot of imagination. It helps to have a good imagination to draw I think too.

Right now I'm into Photography. So I think being a photographer would be neat. And I could like star my own buisness and everything...

I always thought it would be cool to just be an actress, But I'm not sure how good I would be at it. It looks like so much fun! I can fake cry but thats about it. And I laugh way to much, so that might not be good actress material, LOL. See what I mean??;)

One other thing that would be great is to just live in a house with lots of land and own a few horses! And hey, why not get a some dogs too??:D

I'm not sure what I want to do!!;)
Lol! Depends on what type of acting you did if you laugh, too much ;). So many choicesss!!!

joanofark
01-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Lol! Depends on what type of acting you did if you laugh, too much ;). So many choicesss!!!

Yeah I probaly couldn't do a comedy:p I would laugh at everything funny and mess up all of the scenes;)

Uabassoon
01-08-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd love to play in an orchestra. I spent so many years of my life practicing and studying music only to see all my friends graduate with music degrees and be jobless, so I gave up.

I love my current job, but I would really love to move up in the company.

Almita
01-08-2006, 03:56 PM
i'm in an orchestra and I go all around US to play in fesivals and everything its fun! I probably have that as a part time but the one for sure I want to be a veternarian at Gilbert Vet and work in the dermotoligy or anesthesiology

Uabassoon
01-08-2006, 05:52 PM
i'm in an orchestra and I go all around US to play in fesivals and everything its fun!

I did that as well when I was in high school and college and was able to travel to many different parts of the world, it was a great experience for me. I think if I ever have more time I might look into playing with a community orchestra, but I think my dreams of auditioning and getting a seat in a major orchestra are over.

At one point I thought it would be fun to play in the pit orchestra for a broadway musical. Then I got a chance to play the King and I here in town after their bassonist was unable to play the performances. The pay was amazing.. but if I ever hear any of those songs again I'll scream. I don't think I could handle playing the same music every single night.