PDA

View Full Version : Martin Mere and the WWT

Miss Z
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know if anyone here has ever been to Martin Mere or any of the other wetland reserves in the UK, but i would just like to say how brilliant they are.

We have been members for ages, since i was about 2;) . They have lots of ducks, geese, swans and cranes from around the world and promote these species in a friendly environment. They also have many endangered species there, such as the nene, or Hawaiian goose. They have interesting things for kids to do too, such as clubs which put up bird boxes to help the declining tree sparrow, and it's always a good idea to get children involved in helping wildlife;) and on top of all that, they also have wild bird hides from which you can spot many rare birds, today we were marvelling the huge flocks of bewick's, whooper and mute swans that have arrived in the norh-west, and also managed to spot a magnificent buzzard.

To anyone in the UK, or anyone who might visit the UK near to where a WWT reserve is, i highly recommend them. It's a great day out for old and young. And if you like going, then you can become a member, and your money goes towards helping bird species and preserving the wetlands they need.

Here is their website. (http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit/wetlandcentre/) Please check it out;)

Well, that's my bit of promoting done for today;) lol lol lol

Oh yeah, i've attatched a couple of pics we took today whilst we were feeding the tame birds. They aren't particularly good as it was a bit foggy. And please excuse the horrible hats:o it's cold in Lancashire!!!! At least i had my husky scarf;) most of them are only of my brother though.