PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers for a friend please!

JenBKR
01-04-2006, 10:17 AM
My coworker's boyfriend really needs prayers today. In the early fall of this year, he was in a skydiving accident and barely survived. He has been doing a lot better, but yesterday he began coughing up blood and went to the ER. They are planning to do surgery on him today - I don't know what all it entails but I do know that they are going to have to stop his heart for a very brief period of time during the surgery. The outlook for him is not good. Please keep him in your prayers, I'll try to update later today as soon as I hear something.

davidpizzica
01-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh, Jen! Big Pittsburgh prayers are coming his way. Comforting {{{{HUGS}}}} for his family.

JenBKR
01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, Jen! Big Pittsburgh prayers are coming his way. Comforting {{{{HUGS}}}} for his family.

Thank you David, we need them. She just got a call that he is going into surgery now. The doctor's said that they are hopeful but not optimistic, and that they have never seen this particular problem before. I don't know exactly what is wrong though. Please keep the prayers coming for the next few hours!

EDIT: something about him having a stint in his aorta, but his body is rejecting the stint and creating a tunnel between his aorta and his throat - this has apparently been going on for months. I don't know much about this stuff, so forgive me if I got it wrong.

Anita Cholaine
01-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh, that's terrible!:( Sending prayers for him and for his family... I hope the surgery goes well...(((hugs)))

davidpizzica
01-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank you David, we need them. She just got a call that he is going into surgery now. The doctor's said that they are hopeful but not optimistic, and that they have never seen this particular problem before. I don't know exactly what is wrong though. Please keep the prayers coming for the next few hours!

EDIT: something about him having a stint in his aorta, but his body is rejecting the stint and creating a tunnel between his aorta and his throat - this has apparently been going on for months. I don't know much about this stuff, so forgive me if I got it wrong.
Jen, comforting {{{{HUGS}}}} to you also. I know you're very worried about him.

pnance
01-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Prayers coming from California

Felix
01-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Thoughts and Prayers are with him and his family.Hope all turns out well.

JenBKR
01-05-2006, 07:46 AM
PT prayers are working! Please keep them up. So far, he is actually doing very well, but he has another surgery scheduled for today. Please continue to pray for him!

Anita Cholaine
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Sending more prayers for him... Glad to know that he's doing well...

ramanth
01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Yikes!! :( I hope he's going to be okay.

davidpizzica
01-05-2006, 08:47 AM
PT prayers are working! Please keep them up. So far, he is actually doing very well, but he has another surgery scheduled for today. Please continue to pray for him!
Jen, Pittsburgh prayers are continuing for your friend. I'm glad he's doing well and praers for a successul second surgery.

davidpizzica
01-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Jen, Pittsburgh prayers are contining for your friend. I'm glad he's doing well and more prayers for a successful second surgery.