PDA

View Full Version : Help Help!!!!

buttercup132
01-04-2006, 08:35 AM
i was loking in roxys cage this morning and i saw some blood on her ledge, so i toook her out thinking its nothing maye she just ripped a nail, but i found somethign worse, it looks like she worn her fur down to the bone like the bottom end of her foot is one huge cut, my mum said to bathe it in salt water but i dont know if that will help, she was on like a grid cage before but we found out we can remove it so we did shes now on shavings. ill try to get some pictures if it will help, but im really worried my mom thinks i shouldnt call the vet...

plz i need replies and advice!!!

crazy_caique
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't know what you should do.Roxy is in my prayers.

dab_20
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I would call the vet if I were you. Picture would help to see how bad it is... Good Luck. Good thoughts and prayers coming Roxy's way.

buttercup132
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
theres pictures in general

lv4dogs
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I would take out the shavings & just lay down paper towel or newspaper or the like instead, especially if she's walking on it.

Is she still bleeding?

buttercup132
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
no the bleeding stopped someone on my group said tis
"T had a cut similar to that a while back. It took forever to heal, but we managed to get it done without getting an infection. I had a routine of cleaning it with Bactine, then putting Neosporin on it, then bandaging it with a hydrocollid bandage, then wrapping that in vet wrap to keep him from getting to it. The hydrocollid bandages are wonderful. You only change them every 5 to 7 days. They form a layer very similar to skin. They cost a bit more, but they're worth their weight in gold. "
so i think ill od as she says