PDA

View Full Version : 12 miners found

AlleyCat
01-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Good news, 12 of the 13 miners trapped in West Virginia are confirmed, at this moment, ALIVE !!!

Prayers go out to the 13th miner who was killed, presumed to be Terry Helms.

Let's hope the rescue mission (in getting those miners out safely) goes smooth!

K9karen
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Last I heard, they didn't know about the other 12! Thanks for the update. Lots of prayers going out for them and the gentleman who didn't make it. I don't think we think about those people who do such dangerous work.

LoudLou
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Prayers to all families involved,... and Thank god they are starting to kick the Media out. These families have been through enough.

petslover
01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
TALLMANSVILLE, W.Va. - In a stunning and heartbreaking reversal, family members were told early Wednesday that 12 of 13 trapped coal miners were dead — three hours after they began celebrating news that they were alive. The sole survivor, Randal McCloy, was in critical condition but showing no sign of brain damage or carbon monoxide poisoning after being trapped for 1 1/2 days, a doctor said. At 27, McCloy was the youngest in the group.

That is so sad.

AlleyCat
01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
That is so sad. :( I woke up this morning and turned on the TV immediately, expecting to hear all of them were out and alive and safe, only to hear the exact opposite. That's just heartbreaking and my prayers go out to the families.

Daisy and Delilah
01-04-2006, 11:25 AM
If anyone has lived around the coal mining families as I have, you know how family is everything to those people. My heart is breaking for them. They know nothing else but working in the mines to support their families. They do it every day without any complaints. I'm saddened so deeply, I can't talk about it without breaking down. God Bless all those family members and I pray that the young man that survived will be okay:(

RICHARD
01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
When the story broke, something in the back of my head was telling me something was not right.....I was wondering why these guys didn't come out of there RUNNING!!!!

When an accident like that happens the authorities MOVE to get any survivors out..there didn't seem to be that hurry in this case..

This is a tough lesson for everyone involved.

The moning company, for allowing the media into the rescue/command center.
The media, who will always try to out do each other for the "breaking news".
and the stupid public, which I am one of, for believing everything (almost) that I see on TV.....

I have always been against the news sticking a microphone into someone's mug to get the story....there were days when people slammed the door in the
faces of the reporters...

Now everyone wants there 15 minutes..even at a loved ones expense...

Of course Geraldo, Rita, Hannity, Colmes and all the rest of the bobos won't get nailed, or even apologize for THIS one.

We deserve the news we get.

davidpizzica
01-04-2006, 12:40 PM
When the story broke, something in the back of my head was telling me something was not right.....I was wondering why these guys didn't come out of there RUNNING!!!!

When an accident like that happens the authorities MOVE to get any survivors out..there didn't seem to be that hurry in this case..

This is a tough lesson for everyone involved.

The moning company, for allowing the media into the rescue/command center.
The media, who will always try to out do each other for the "breaking news".
and the stupid public, which I am one of, for believing everything (almost) that I see on TV.....

I have always been against the news sticking a microphone into someone's mug to get the story....there were days when people slammed the door in the
faces of the reporters...

Now everyone wants there 15 minutes..even at a loved ones expense...

Of course Geraldo, Rita, Hannity, Colmes and all the rest of the bobos won't get nailed, or even apologize for THIS one.

I absolutely agree, RICHARD. Especially with Geraldo trying to interview a friend of one of those miners when the man was so grief-stricken he could barely speak. As I said, This has become a big media circus.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-04-2006, 02:01 PM

CNN was just as bad as FOX on this one!!!

At least they got one out alive. Small comfort for the ones who lost loved ones, I know. Prayers for all the families still continuing from me! :(

RICHARD
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I just got an email from my friend that works at the WVU hosp....she told me that there are tons of news vans outside.....

Freaking vultures. :rolleyes:

Felix
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Last I heard was that 12 miners are presumed dead and 1 survivor who is in critical condition,has been taken to the hospital with life threating conditions.

Thoughts and prayers are with all families at this time.

How heart breaking it must have been having false hope that there were 12 alive.My heart goes out for them :(

RICHARD
01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Here's an update on what's going on OUTSIDE the WVU facility...

There are about 156 news trucks outside the building and the security folks
are chasing off all the reporters who are trying to make it into the building where the survivor is.

---------------------------

On a sidenote.

How many people woke up to read the newspaper headline saying that 12 miners were found alive?

AlleyCat
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
On a sidenote.

How many people woke up to read the newspaper headline saying that 12 miners were found alive?

I think just about everyone did, unfortunately. I was talking to my parents this morning and I was commenting on how sad this situation was, and my dad was like "hm? they found 12 of them alive...??" He hadn't turned on the TV this morning, only read the paper, so he had no clue what really had happened. He was blown away after I told him, needless to say.

Alysser
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM
This is tragic news. 12 miners are gone. That is very upseting. Prayers to them and their families and the last miner coming from NJ tonight.

AlleyCat
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
?? 12 of them did not survive. It is a confirmed fact. Only one miner did survive and he is in the hospital. It has been all over CNN and other networks. The inital report that 12 survived was erroneous information (not mine, it was reported last night.)

Alysser
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
OOPS! Sorry, I didn't read the boards. I only posted. Switch it around. SORRY! :(

RICHARD
01-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Well, now we have talk of lawyers and lawsuits.

And no one is blaming the AH with the CELL PHONES who began calling other people outside the command center...

The system was set up so that the rescuers would be using code words (there was a speaker phone set up in the center-so everyone coulkd hear the reports of the rescuers) when the miners were found.....dead or alive...

My theory?

Someone announced, over the rescue net that they found the miners..

People, as impatient as ever, just started dialing and passing on the bad info-never waiting to see what their status was.

Not a HUGE problem....

Tearing the hearts outta 12 families isn't THAT bad... :mad: :rolleyes: :(

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2006, 01:17 PM
In my own brain I wonder if it didn't happen something like this: They found the miner who is alive and got him out. Mean while, they were checking the others for signs of life. Mean while, someone called and said they found one alive and were checking for vitals on the others and who ever got the call just assumed the others were alive too?
By the way, why did they have to wait hours to go get the bodies of the others but were able to get the one out then?

There are reports today, that they found letters to loved ones by the bodies. Such a sad sad thing! :(