PDA

View Full Version : Phred back in Hospital - needs prayers.

Pages : [1] 2

shais_mom
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I sent an email to some of you and now Phred has asked that I make a post so here it is. Here is his original thread
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92770&highlight=extremely+urgent+prayers+phred

I talked with him last nite and quite honestly he sounded pretty ickky.
He was pretty short of breath and his feet are swollen and he hasn't slept more then 2-3 hours since he has been home from the hospital. He finally expressed seriousness to his doctor and he had some tests today. As suspected, he is showing signs of Congestive Heart Failure.
congestive heart failure

NOUN:

A condition marked by weakness, edema, and shortness of breath that is caused by the inability of the heart to maintain adequate blood circulation in the peripheral tissues and the lungs.

He went into the hospital this afternoon according to his friend Jason against his will. He will be there a couple days while they run more tests. He is going to have a Nuclear Scan tomorrow to see if he has a blood clot in his lungs.
He is resting comfortably and is in the best place he could be right now.
He is here.....
St Elizabeth Health Center
(330) 746-7211
1044 Belmont Ave
Youngstown, OH 44504

The fur kids are at Pat and Joan's. And for those of you who have his cell phone number he has that with him also.
I will update more when I know more....

EDITED TO Add:
I JUST TALKED WITH HIM.
Granted it lasted all of 2 minutes if that but he gave me the info for the hospital.
his room is 6416A -
direct line is 330-480-6416

AlleyCat
01-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Prayers to you, Phred !! All of us on PT need you to get well and come home! We enjoy your posts. Hope everything goes smooth at the hospital and that you're able to come home soon.

K9karen
01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Yikes! That's terrible! I spoke to him before Christmas and he sounded pretty bad. I'm so worried about him. I'm glad the doc fit him in for an appointment. He's where he should be. I'll try calling him tomorrow. Thanks for the uppity date. I'll be praying very hard for that sweet soul.

zippy-kat
01-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for keeping us uppie-dated, Staci.

Poor guy. Prayers are most definitely on the way!!

caseysmom
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I didn't realize Phred had heart failure, I thought he had a blockage. I had a friend at work with heart failure, he had it for years and it was controlled. I am glad Phred is getting the help he needs, my mother had heart failure and it took me forever to get her to go to the doctor and by then it was too late, its not something to be ignored.

Prayers to you Phred, we don't really know each other but I enjoy your posts so much. Big hugs sent your way.

shais_mom
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I didn't realize Phred had heart failure, I thought he had a blockage. I had a friend at work with heart failure, he had it for years and it was controlled. I am glad Phred is getting the help he needs, my mother had heart failure and it took me forever to get her to go to the doctor and by then it was too late, its not something to be ignored.

Prayers to you Phred, we don't really know each other but I enjoy your posts so much. Big hugs sent your way.
This is a new onset condition just 'came about' since his procedure.

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I sure hope that Phred will be okay and that his hospital stay won't have to be too long. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please get well soon Phred.

countrycowgirl
01-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I will most definately be praying for Phred!....my Nana has congestive heart failure and was in the hospital for a week I hope that phred doesn't have to stay that long they had to put my Nana on oxygen for a little while because of the shortness of breath her oxygen levels went down ... phred I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way

Corinna
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Please any one who talks to him tell him we here are praying for him.

luvofallhorses
01-04-2006, 01:06 AM
he will be in my prayers! Poor guy! :(

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I hope you get feeling better, Phred!

kimboe
01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Sending lots of Prayers to you Phred, I hope your stay at the hospital isn't too long. Wishing you to get well soon!
Kim, Baby, Meu-Meu, and Camen!
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/1052/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/1042.jpg

chocolatepuppy
01-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Oh no. Phred will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
01-04-2006, 05:18 AM
prayers For Phred

Pawsitive Thinking
01-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Prayers and best wishes from me too

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Prayers going up for you Phred.
Me, Tinky and Jupiter are hoping you can can come home soon!

Randi
01-04-2006, 05:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I hope the tests will clear things up and he can get the right treatment for his condition, so he can come home and live a fairly normal life.

It's a good thing that he doesn't have to worry about his furkids.

I'm sending positive thougths for a speedy recovery - and many hugs.

Get well soon, Phred!

Staci, please update us when you get any news.

Pam
01-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Staci I am so glad he is in the hospital and getting care. As I mentioned in my e-mail it sounded a little like CHF to me as my mom suffers from that. They will probably start him right away on diuretics to stop the swelling and there are medications nowadays to help. My brother's MIL lived a long time with CHF so it is treatable. Now we just have to get Phred to listen to the docs and obey. Prayers going up for this very special man. Please do keep us posted.

cloverfdx
01-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Oh no :(, lots of good healing vibes on the way for Phred. I will keep those good thoughts coming.

Vermontcat
01-04-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Phred is back in the hospital again. :(
Get well soon Phred so you can be back at home with your furkids.

Karen
01-04-2006, 07:34 AM
He will certainly be in our prayers. I was wondering last night if he had developed asthma, as one of my freinds did after a heart attack. I am glad he is in the hospital, though I know he doesn't want to be there, and he can get the medical attention he needs.

I hope Mr. Bear got to go with him!

Cataholic
01-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Prayers for Phred!

tatsxxx11
01-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Lots and lots of healing prayers being said for our dear friend, Phred. I'm so sad to hear he's back in the hsopital but grateful that he is getting the care he so urgently needs right now. Thank you for the update Staci and the contact info.

trayi52
01-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Lots of healing prayers from me, Phred.

Anything you need, you know you can count on me, and you know you can count on me, I really do mean that, Staci.

Willie

ramanth
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh man. :( Phred, I'll be thinking of you! Keep your chin up, get well soon, and get home to those fur kids. :)

anna_66
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Staci thanks for letting us all know. Phred is a special man to all of us and we only wish the best for him.
I really didn't know anything about CHF but I'm glad to hear that it's treatable and something you can live a normal life with.

Phred, I'll be praying for you buddy:)

Albea
01-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh, no, I'm so sorry to read this. Prayers and many healing thoughts for Phred. The hospital is the best place for him to be right now.

JenBKR
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh no, no again! Lots of prayers for Phred, this is such horrible news :(

gini
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear that our Phred is in the hospital at all. But on the other hand, if he has this condition, I would much rather have him IN the hospital where he can be monitored and helped.

Staci, thank you so much for keeping us informed of what is going on. Please don't feel you are alone in this - all of us will do anything we can for our dear friend, Phred.

And one of those things is to pray really hard that he is soon home with his critters and feeling better and this condition is under control.

Anita Cholaine
01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Oh no!! :( You're in my thoughts and prayers, Phred... I can't wait to see you back posting. I'm glad to know that you're in hospital getting care, though...

Rachel
01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm so sad to hear he's back in the hsopital but grateful that he is getting the care he so urgently needs right now.

Ditto. I think Phred has had lots of concern that things weren't right but it didn't seem his doctor took it seriously. I just hope and pray that he will get the thorough evaluation he needs.

RobiLee
01-04-2006, 09:25 AM
I hate hearing that Phred is back in the hospital but so glad that he is being looked after and I hope that he is getting the best treatment possible. Thanks for letting us know, Staci.

Phred, I think about you lots and have kept you in my prayers. I can't wait to hear that you are feeling much better and everything is under control. We can't have anything happen to you, mister! You are a huge part of Pet Talk and we all care about you! Keep your spirits up, Phred!

{{{HUGS}}}

gini
01-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I will send an email to Staci to ask if this hospital has the "e-card" service.

Then we could all send Phred our greetings.

lizbud
01-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry to know that Phred is having these problems but I believe
he's in the right place to get proper treatment.Hoping & praying that he
can recover completely.

Felicia's Mom
01-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear that Phred is in the hospital again. He is in my prayers.

Randi
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I was thinking ... perhaps we could send e-mails for Phred to his friends, who could print them out and bring them along to the hospital! That way, he would get them sooner. Only problem - does anyone have the e-mail address?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I am so sorry to hear that our Phred is in the hospital at all. But on the other hand, if he has this condition, I would much rather have him IN the hospital where he can be monitored and helped.

Ditto. I'm in shock! As I was reading through some posts today I was thinking how there haven't been many from Phred lately and I was wondering how he was doing. Was going to make a post asking when I got done going through all of them, but sadly I find that my post is unneccessary. :(

I will most definitely be hoping and praying that all goes well. As serious as it is, I'm glad they were able to find a reason for his continuing to feel bad.

Phred, don't be a stubborn old man - you're too young for that! Stay in the hospital as long as they tell you to, and do anything and everything they tell you too so you are home in no time with Cinder, Smokey and Bowser!

Wonder if they have internet service in the hospital and if anyone can get a laptop to him? At least it would be something for him to do between tests instead of watching daytime TV.....

petslover
01-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh no.. Get Well Phred. You are a very important part of Pet Talk. I am glad that you are getting everything checked out though. Get Well Soon. Thoughts and Prayers are going out toward you.

Ginger's Mom
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I know that you really do not want to be there Phred, but I am glad to hear that you are in the hospital where they can accurately determine what your problems are, and give you the proper treatment. You are very special to all of us Phred and we want you home and well soon.
Thanks for keeping us updated, Staci.

Vela
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Many prayers for a quick and safe recovery being sent out from our crew here. Best wishes to you Phred.

Karen
01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm on the phone with him now, and he doesn't want people to worry, but is pretty frustrated waiting for some answers.

gini
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, well tell him that we can worry if we want to....................

It is a common thing to worry about the people that you care about!!

Karen
01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
You can send him an e-Card! He's at The St. Elizabeth's Health Center, and remember his real name is John Morris, not Phred!!!!

http://www.ehealthconnection.com/regions/youngstown/content/send_a_smile.asp

Just finished my conversation with him, told him about your post, Gini, and he admitted that it IS an individual's prerogative, so he guesses people can worry if they want ...

And Mister Bear did get brought with him, so he has a little bit of Pet Talk spirit with him!

Daisy and Delilah
01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh my goodness!! :( Not Phred again! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Take it easy Phred and please get well asap! :) My thoughts and prayers are on their way to you from Florida! :( :)

finn's mom
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Oh, darn...I was hoping this wouldn't be news at all...I hope he gets the help he needs and can be on his way to a full recovery soon...

Fett
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Praying for ya, Phred. I hope you recover painlessly and get back to the life you love.

pnance
01-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Sending lots of prayers for Phred. Anyone who talks to him let him know we're thinking of him.

catland
01-04-2006, 12:04 PM
May all those kind words and thoughts and prayers that you have said for others here in their time of need come back to you now.

Prayers on the way.

gini
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
May all those kind words and thoughts and prayers that you have said for others here in their time of need come back to you now.

Prayers on the way.

Julie, how perfectly expressed! Thank you -

Freckles
01-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was about ready to chastize him on the other thread for not reporting in, but looks as if we wouldn't have received an honest report. Pay attention, Phred and GET BETTER!

Sudilar
01-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Big time prayers coming your way, Phred!!
Get well quick!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
01-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers for our dear friend. You stay put until you feel better, and don't let those doctors talk you ito going home early!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
GET WELL SOON PHRED!!!!!

PT NEEDS YOU!!!

(((HUGS)))

k9krazee
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Prayers on the way for you Phred! Wishing you the best... :(

kb2yjx
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Special prayers and healing thoughts for Phred!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-04-2006, 01:53 PM
All right Phred! <<hands on hips>> it is time for some tough love!

A few years back my father did the same thing....waited until his ankles were too swollen to walk before he decided something was wrong.

So....Just stay in the hospital while they get you straightened away... then... listen up...and I mean to the health care providers! Listen to what they have to say about taking your medications, getting exercise, eating right, and discontinuing any bad habits (if you know what I mean!) But at the same time...do not let them bully you. If you thinks something "isn't right"....insist they look at it and explain it to you.

You have too many important things to do so...... get well!

My thoughts are with you....

RICHARD
01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
EVERYONE HAS SAID IT ALREADY.

AMEN.

Prayers needed?
Prayers sent!

Vio&Juni
01-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Phred, get well. I'll be thinking about you.

LoudLou
01-04-2006, 02:26 PM
GET WELL SOON PHRED!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!

carole
01-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Dear Phred, I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time right now and back in Hospital , know that we are all thinking of you here in Aotearoa and sending you a big hug and get well wishes across the miles, Take care and I hope you make a speedy recovery and can be at home with your furbabies as soon as possible, HUGS.

Queen of Poop
01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Please do whatever it takes to get yourself well. Prayers coming your way.

Flatcoatluver
01-04-2006, 02:51 PM
oh no!!!! My family's thoguhts and prayers are on the way!!!!!

king2005
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I sent him one of those e-card things that Karen posted, because I know we didn't get along but wanted to make sure he know I still cared about his health regardless.

Do get well Phred

K9soul
01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Phred. I'm sure the Prayer Pups are also on that line to God.

Rachel
01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I just spoke with Phred and can report that the e-cards are coming through. (I think he really enjoys getting them so if you haven't sent one yet, please do so.) I wish I would have thought to read him all the messages from this thread :o but like all good ideas they sometimes come to me too late. He has had a few tests (emphasis on few) but little time with the doctors and no real feedback on what, if anything they are finding. He had a visitor there, so I didn't want to take up too much time. He says he believes he will be there for a couple days, but again it is hard to tell when he is not getting much information.

CagneyDog
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Lots of Prayers on the way, Phred :)

dukedogsmom
01-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Get better soon Phred! I hope you don't have to stay in the hospital long. Your critters will make you feel better when you get home. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Alysser
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Phred, NOT AGIAN! Please get well soon! PLEASE! We all enjoy your kindness and your comical personality. Prayers are with you.

moosmom
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Phred,

Please get well soon! We love you! Thoughts and prayers coming from CT for a speedy recovery!

Kfamr
01-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh no.. I just saw this thread. Well wishes are being sent to you. Please take care.

captain
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Anna guided me to this thread.

PHRED!!!! Gee whiz buddy - you better be staying in that hospital for ALL the tests .......... don't make me come overe there ...... :D:D:D

Between Edwina's Secretary and I - YOU will stay there ...... and get better .... :D

We love you
Prayers on there way

Love
Michelle and the Spotties

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the e-card link Karen. I just sent him an e-card. :) Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent Phred's way.

gini
01-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Karen, thanks for the e-card address for Phred. I would imagine it is really tough on him being in the hospital again, so hopefully these will cheer him up a bit.

cloverfdx
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Good vibes still being sent Phred {{Hugs}}.

ramanth
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Hope you're feeling better today. *hugs*

prechrswife
01-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Get well soon!!!

Albea
01-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the link, Karen. I just sent an e-mail to Phred and the prayers for his recovery will continue until he's well and back home.

Lady's Human
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Phred, be calm, patient, and listen to the knckleheads in the white coats, they really can help you get better.

Prayers? Done

tatsxxx11
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Just sent my email messasge. Thank you so much for posting the link, Karen!
Phred, we love you! Listen to the docs and nurses and get well soon! Keeping you in my prayers, friend.
Love, Sandra

Barbara
01-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Phred- what Sara said! You are so good in helping others deal with medical information. Now you treat yourself please as if you would give advice to somebody else.

All the best for you :)

Killearn Kitties
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the contact information. I've sent a message off to Phred today.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2006, 11:46 AM
You can send him an e-Card! He's at The St. Elizabeth's Health Center, and remember his real name is John Morris, not Phred!!!!

Just finished my conversation with him, told him about your post, Gini, and he admitted that it IS an individual's prerogative, so he guesses people can worry if they want ...

And Mister Bear did get brought with him, so he has a little bit of Pet Talk spirit with him!
Just sent him an e card myself. Here is the link again. It was getting buried in all the well wishes! :D

furrykidsmother
01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Prayers on the way!

smokey the elder
01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Get well soon, Phred! {{{Hugs}}}

mruffruff
01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Just sent an e-message.

Hope he gets some answers soon-nothing more frustrating than not knowing what's going on, especially in your own body.

sandragonfly
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
sorry to hear you're in where you don't want to be, will be thinking of you..

an advice, from another stubborn patient (;)) try to have everything done before you have to go back there again!

don't forget your dawggies miss you very much and hope you to get well!

shais_mom
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I have tried a few times to call him on his room phone and it was busy so after the 3rd time I finally called his cell in which he answered with "It's ME" lol ;)
He said it was like a booking station in his room and I am to call him later before I go to work and I said just as long as I know your alive and he said I'm alive and well. So that's a good sign!

emily_the_spoiled
01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I am so sorry to read that Phred is back in the hospital. But it is the best place for him to be right now. It sounds like things are going okay and he is keeping busy, with the phone, visitors, and e-cards.

Please wish him well and prayers are on the way.

trayi52
01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Good to hear he is answering his phone! We know he is doing better by him doing that.

Phred, hope you are feeling better, get well and get out of that hospital! We really do care about you, all of us!

Sending prayers to you, that you make a speedy recovery.

Willie :)

Karen
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the update, Staci! Glad he's at least busy, I'm hoping he gets some answers today.

Still in our prayers, Phred!

anna_66
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Staci thanks for keeping us updated. Sounds like he's his old self again;)

I've sent a ecard (I knew he'd be busy with phone calls, just didn't think he'd be that busy with them!) and I'm still keeping him in my prayers. Make sure you tell him HI from Anna & Mark and of course the furkids too.

He needs to get feeling better soon, who's gonna organize our next PT meeting at the bark park? Who's gonna have all those yummies that all the doggies love?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/pccec3029c0ce320ddbc88c8887972ce8/f36e84ce.jpg
See them all gathered around his treat bag:D
All the dogs love Phred...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/pdd0c0c69a25ccc440089664637bf5461/f682f8b3.jpg
And so do we!!!!

Hope your out and feeling better soon Phred:D:D:D:D

tatsxxx11
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Called twice today and each time a nurse or nurse's aide answered lightheartedly with this..."John's busy, please call back." lol Glad to hear he's sounding his ol' self and "keeping busy!";) Staci, when you talk to him, please tell him I tried!:D And please tell him I send my love...

Sandra~

Randi
01-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Staci, and thanks for the e-mail link, Karen!

I'm glad to hear Phred is in a good spirit, but it sounds like he could do with a secretary in his room. ;)

I hope the test results will show that his condition isn't too bad and can be treated easily. Let's hope that the hospital staff are experts!!

Will keep sending good thoughts and positive vibes to our Phred - if anyone go to visit him, please give him a hug from me!

Anna, that's a wonderful picture you posted, it shows Phred in a "nutshell! :)

lbaker
01-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I volunteer to be Phred's secretary! I may need help for the shift work with emails, calls and cards pouring in from every time zone there is on this big 'ol durt ball. I'm sure the "Big Guy" up there needs Phred and the prayer pups right down here with us to help keep their special "prayer line" open. We need you too John, behave and get well.

slick
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the uppydate Staci. I did send him an ecard yesterday afternoon. Continuing good thoughts and prayers for you Phred.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
See them all gathered around his treat bag:D
All the dogs love Phred...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/pdd0c0c69a25ccc440089664637bf5461/f682f8b3.jpg
And so do we!!!!

Hope your out and feeling better soon Phred:D:D:D:D
LOL! I love this picture!
He looks like the Pied Piper of the Bark Park!!!

Get well soon Phred! Your fan club awaits!!! :D

cyber-sibes
01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Holy cow! I just saw this thread. Sent an e-card, thanks for posting the link, Karen. Lots and lots of prayers going out for you Phred! Here's another pic of "Phred and Phriends"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/PT%20gathering%205-30-05/PhredPhriends.jpg

Laura's Babies
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Prayers coming your way Phred for a fast and speedy recovery. We miss you so hurry back soon!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/CatLineUpSendingPrayers.gif

Cincy'sMom
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Hugs
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/p3a43e6c0a0b5212d6c943f613f693eb5/f0b60a2d.jpg

and kisses
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/pc2638981e64a5bcef31aa76d823a1886/f0b60a3d.jpg

From Snoopy and Sadie, and all the rest of us for a speedy recovery!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/p170fe5be9b747607a0efd88e4aa3b9cd/f0b60a3e.jpg

carole
01-05-2006, 09:09 PM
An E card is on its way to you Phred. Sure hope you are feeling better.

NoahsMommy
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
This is so wierd!! On the 3rd, I sent him a card because I'd been thinking about him. :(

I'll send another...and lots more prayers.

Phred, you get outta that hospital now. We want you all healthy, honey!!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Ginger's Mom
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Still praying for you Phred. We love you and are hoping that the doctors can get you fixed up soon.

dukedogsmom
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
How is everyone sending ecards? I can't even find a link. I'm glad he's doing better.
ETA: ecard sent. Actually 2 since I didn't notice the name part until the first one was sent.

Corinna
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Link is on page 6

shais_mom
01-05-2006, 11:02 PM

well it's on my page 2

:)
Against my better judgement I tried when I was leaving work at 1130. He was supposed to call and leave me a message but being a patient he's just too busy! (I can say that I work in a hospital!) the phone in his room is shut off from 930 to 8am so I tried his cell he was really tired and kept hitting buttons on the phone so I lost connection and had to call back. He is to have a stress test tomorrow. Hasn't heard much from the docs. So he doesn't really know what is going on. I imagine he will be in thru the weekend at least. He's on a low flow of Oxygen also.
He said to tell everyone he's alive and at least kicking - but he wasn't sure about the well part. ;)
The ecards are not delivered over the weekend just to let you know..

gini
01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Staci, thanks for the update. I still am glad that he is in the hospital so that they can monitor him and be there in case there is any urgent need.

I bet his mood isn't the greatest either............I would be very antsy to find out what is going on and what can they do for him.

I know that Cinder and Smoke have that prayer line wide open and all of our prayers are going straight to the BOSS.

kimlovescats
01-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Staci, you are such a dear to keep us updated on everything!
Prayers coming to Phred!!! ;)

Kim

Karen
01-06-2006, 10:18 AM
More prayers on the way, for patience for the patient, discernment for the doctors, and a general sharing of information for all!

chrangharris
01-06-2006, 10:29 AM
We are praying for you Phred!

slick
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Just checking in for an uppydate. I've had one of those stress tests before and it wasn't bad, really. More prayers on the way Phred.

Stace, can't thank you enough for keeping us updated. :)

zippy-kat
01-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Just checkin' in as the Phred hotline seems to be constantly busy. ;)

tatsxxx11
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the update, Staci!:) Sending you my love Phred!!! We're keeping you in our prayers, friend!:)

Sandra and the Furkids

shais_mom
01-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I talked with him a few minutes as I was headed to work - he doesn't know much still. Is too have a test on his kidneys tomorrow. I don't know why or what, I don't think HE knows. His roomate that came in last nite past away and he got rehomed temporarily b/c of the family coming and going and being distraught. He's not sure when he will be discharged.
He sounded pretty chipper tho. I told him a few people were trying to call him from PT and he was sorry he missed the calls.
If I talk to him again I will update asap!

delidog
01-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Wow,I just saw this...
Phred,Please know that you are in our thoughts & prayers....
Thanks Staci for keeping us updated

ChrisH
01-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the updates Staci.
Prayers continuing to wing their way.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Prayers still flying here and the cat kids all have their paws crossed. I do have to massage their feet once in a while to relieve the cramps, but, hey, Phred, you are worth it! ;) :D

Daisy and Delilah
01-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks Staci for the uppydates. Keep on plugging there Phred and get better soon!! We miss you and love you here at Pet Talk! :D

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I just sent Phred an e-mail message. I think I'll send him another one with the tricks of being a patient...ie: where to get more jello and blankies. ;)

Phred, you'll always be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Kelly :)

Karen
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I just spoke to Phred, they delivered a bunch of e-cards today, which must have been from yesterday I guess, it was the second bunch. He's still waiting for some decisions and results from two different teams of doctors, the heart guys and the kidney guys. There's some procedure scheduled for Monday, but he didn't know what time.

He thanks everyone for their prayers, wishes he could post himself, wishes he had more pep, and can't wait to feel better and be home.

The dogs are getting spoiled by friends, and Boots, who is guarding the homefront, is getting used to the friends coming and going, and has even allowed himself to be petted.

Corinna
01-07-2006, 06:34 PM
He will not get it until Monday they don't delver on the weekends. But he'll enjoy it any time. Sure is a strange weekend with out him here, I feel funny doing his updates on Sammy. Sure hope he gets home soon.

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I just sent the following to Phred in an e-card:

Message 2...

Phred, I wanted to pass along some information on what I've learned during my frequent hospital stays:

1. Doctors are frustrating. I've spend many days lying in my hospital bed wondering about my tests results, when the heck I'd be sprung and what was wrong with me! Doctors aparently live in on their own timeclocks. While its not fair, at least you know it isn't you...your doctor and your illness are normal, your doctor just went to a course entitled, "How to Keep Your Patient Waiting - And Other Tips on Keeping the Doctor/Patient Relationship Stimulating" ;)

2. The nurses always keep a supply of jello, pudding, chicken broth and soda in their station for patients. BUT, did you know you can have your nurse call down to the caferteria and have them make ANYTHING you want?? Seriously!! They'll do it! Anything your heart desires, they'll make you. If it helps you feel better, they'll do it. Yay for food!

3. If you get cold, ask for blankies that come from the heated thingy. They come all toasty warm, its so nice!!

4. Most hospitals have volunteer programs where they bring animals to patients to cheer them up!! Ask your nurse...or charge nurse if you get a blank stare. Pups always make a hospital visit better. :)

5. If you're sick of the TV, the volunteers can bring you the newspaper, a book or magazines. If you feel like talking, they have special volunteers for that too.

6. If you need some prayer time, to work out fear, frustrations, etc. Ask your nurse for the prayer line and for the chaplan. That has always helped me. The chaplans are amazing in calming you. They can bring you a bible and/or other relevent literature.

7. Go for walks. I know I said this before, but it really does help...it gets you up and you tend to meet other patients. I've met very nice people being a patient. :)

OK, that's enough for now. :) Get better soon, Phred. We miss you!!

Hugs,
Kelly (NoahsMommy)

gini
01-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Karen, thanks so much for the update on Phred. I know that all of us are very worried about him. But I still feel better knowing he is in the hospital and not at home, at least for now.

Yes, Corinna, it does seem strange here without Phred, Cinder, Smoke, Bowser and Boots........and I don't like it one bit.

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I just spoke with Phred and while I'm sure he wouldn't like me saying so here, he sounds kind of down. :(

Please keep him in your prayers, thoughts and keep those e-cards coming. Even if you just put in there that you're praying for him. As a patient getting those amazing cards from you, it helped me SOOO much to get out of that hospital funk where you're sad and upset at being there.

They really do make you feel special, that people who can't be there physically are there emotionally and are thinking of you, throughout their own lives.

Please keep sending them, or calling our Phred.

Thanks, guys. :)

Rachel
01-07-2006, 08:11 PM
He's still waiting for some decisions and results from two different teams of doctors, the heart guys and the kidney guys. There's some procedure scheduled for Monday, but he didn't know what time.

Thanks for the update, Karen. I check this thread frequently to see if anyone has spoken with him, as I'm sure others do too. It seems at least that they are trying to be thorough and come to some conclusions before formulating a treatment plan for him.

Kelly, I think your information will be very helpful for him. It was good of you to take the time to share that. Lord knows you are the expert around here when it comes to dealing with hospitals. ;)

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Gini and I just sent Phred some cheery flowers for delivery tomorrow. I hope that'll at least put a smile on his face. :)

I'm going to be nawtee and call his chaplan. I think Phred could benefit from a few in person prayers.

Keep him in your prayers and if possible, call him just so he knows we love him.

Thanks so much guys! Like I said, it helped me EMMENSELY to have all your email cards...its such great medicine for the soul AND body to know so many people CARE about you. Its amazing. I would cry after each note, knowing you all loved me. :)

Love, Me :D

Anita Cholaine
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
More prayers on your way, Phred... You're very missed on PT, get better soon!

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Boy am I slow!!! Here I am only a few hours from Phred, with three therapy dogs, and until I read Kelly's post, I didn't think of taking the dogs to see him!!

I hope and pray Phred will be out of the hospital by next weekend, but if he isn't, we may just have to call over that way and see what their policy on canine vistors is!

cyber-sibes
01-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Amy, what a great idea! I'll bet your pups would be extra-specially excited to see Phred - and if you go, be sure to take a few picture (if Phred will let ya :rolleyes: )
Saying extra prayers for monday's tests, Phred!

lizbud
01-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I've been following this thread and check every day for news.
Although I don't post to often I did send a ecard last week & wanted
Phred to know how much he is missed here. Here's hoping & praying
that the Drs. find out all that's wrong & he gets to feeling better and
stronger soon.

Karen
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
When I was talking to him yesterday evening, he said, "You know, I should get the Findlay Gatherings schedule up for 2006." And I said, yeah, well, I think everyone's giving you a reprieve on that - it can wait until you're at least home from the hospital!

Roxyluvsme13
01-08-2006, 01:21 PM
You're still in my thoughts Phred! Get Well Soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Anyone talked to Phred today?
Prayers still continuing here. I sure hope the doctors find out for sure what's wrong with him and fix him up pronto!

The cats still have their paws crossed Phred!!! :D
Prayers from me still on the way!

Randi
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the update, Karen.

I'm sending more positive thoughts for Phred, and hope the test results will be good.

NoahsMommy
01-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I may call him tonight talk with him about his test tomorrow. While he's had it before (angeogram), he told me it was VERY uncomfortable and I'm SURE he's not looking forward to it.

I'll let you know how he's doing. :)

Karen
01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks, Kelly - do let us know! You have the excuse of seeing if the flowers got delivered to call! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I sent Phred another e-card. I hope he gets alot of cards and gets cheered up in a hurry. We sure miss him here and hope that all goes well and he's up and out of that hospital very soon! :)

zippy-kat
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Phred.

He sounded better than the last time I talked to him (Friday night) but still didn't sound "normal."

He's scheduled for surgery at 8.30am tomorrow and someone (either himself or one of his firebuddies) is to try and get ahold of Staci. I told him that if he didn't call me tomorrow, I'd try to get ahold of him on Tuesday after I got off of work. (Didn't know if he'd feel much like talking tomorrow.)

We were talking about his crew...
One of the nurses suggested that we (not sure who "we" consisted of) should try sneaking a dog in (I assume she meant his dogs); there's no formal pet-therapy program in place at the hospital.

I wonder if Pat and Joan would be willing to load his crew up and take them to the hospital? (Cinder and Smoke used to visit their grandmom in the nursing home, so they'd almost assuredly be ok. Bowser might be a bit more of a challenge.) I don't feel right asking them; moreover, I don't have any contact information for them. Ah well, a nice thought perhaps.

Extra prayers on the way tonight/tomorrow, Phred!!

Pam
01-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm glad that I check this thread tonight. With a procedure scheduled for tomorrow I will certainly pray for peace for Phred as he faces this and wisdom for the doctors.

jazzcat
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I just now saw this thread. :(

You are in my thoughts and prayers Phred. Please get well soon!

slick
01-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi Gawd: Tanks for lookin' after me up here. It's reely phun. Anyway, my Meowmie told me that our phrend Phred is habbin an operation tomorrow and I was wonderin' iffin you could wrap your paws and strong arms around him. He needs to be OK and I know that you won't let us down.

...and one other thing Gawd! Cud you please send some xtra thoughts down to da ZippyKat and da Staci and Karen and tank them for uppydating ebberbody on Pet Talk.

.....Oh yea, and please tank dat Pat and Joan fur lookin' after Phred's pawbabies while he's in da hospidal.

Tanks Gawd.

Love
Speckles

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are going out to Phred. I sure hope that his procedure goes well tomorrow.

tatsxxx11
01-09-2006, 06:38 AM
More love and prayers coming your way, Phred!!! Can't wait to hear that the procedure went well, that you're back in your room and resting comfortably!:) And hopefully someone can sneak in some 4 leggers very soon, the best medicine of all! We love you, Phred!!!

Rachel
01-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Since it is almost 7:30 am here, and Ohio is an hour ahead of me, I'm starting the prayers hard and heavy. Please join me and keep praying that this procedure won't be as hard on him as the last time. Also pray that it will find the source of his problem so it can be dealt with properly.

lbaker
01-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Almost time (8:23 a.m. East Coast time). Can't light a candle at work but my family at home have one going in the window and prayers and thoughts are abounding.

zippy-kat
01-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Prayers on the way from here, too!

Barbara
01-09-2006, 08:28 AM
My thoughts are with you Phred!

ramanth
01-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Surgery!? :( I'm sorry to hear that Phred. But I hope it helps!

I'm thinking of you!

Randi
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the updates! It seems the nurse has the right attitude, LOL! Sneaking one of Phreds dogs in, is a brilliant idea! That sure will cheer him up. :D I don't know if anyone has Pat's phonenumber, but I feel positive that he will do what he can. :) I guess it will have to be the quietest one of them.

Lots of positive thoughts for a succesful surgery, Phred! Hope the crew are experts and will find the source of the problem!

Take it easy, rest up and get better!! We all miss you!!

Many hugs from me, and also purrs and headbumpies from Fister.

Corinna
01-09-2006, 09:15 AM
prayers on wings from Montana.

gini
01-09-2006, 10:01 AM
When I woke up this morning, my first thought was to say prayers for Phred.

I am praying that all goes extremely well today - we all miss him!

slick
01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Saying mega prayers for Phred this morning. Have a candle lit in the window. Will look for an uppydate later this morning.

anna_66
01-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I talked to him for a few minutes during my party yesterday and he definately doesn't sound like the Phred we all know and love.
I'll be thinking about you today:)

catnapper
01-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Thinking of our Phred this morning.... prayers that the surgery goes well and is successful.

Jadapit
01-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Phred, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

pnance
01-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Phred, prayers that everything goes well and your back home soon.

furrykidsmother
01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Prayers that all is going or has already gone well and that Phred will be back on his feet and home soon!

Anita Cholaine
01-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Sending lots of prayers... I'll be thinking of you, Phred....

Karen
01-09-2006, 11:31 AM
It's probably to early to call, but I'll try in a couple hours. I hope everything went well with the surgery, and that it was not only as painless as possible, but successful.

shais_mom
01-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I got off the phone with a very discouraged Phred about a half hour ago. The surgery is postponed b/c the kidney doctor wants to work on the kidney first. There is a bloodclot in his kidney- that they need to fix first then do the cath.
He said his heart doc sounded pretty proud of himself that he called the kidney doc at 10pm last nite on a Sunday nite. :rolleyes: He got off the phone b/c one of the doctors was coming in.
For those of you who have his cell phone don't use that - the nurses are really **tching at him for using it so use this...
his room is 6416A -
direct line is 330-480-6416
Keep the toes, fingers, claws, paws, and tails crossed for him. And send up many prayers. He really needs it.

wolflady
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Prayers are on the way for Phred. Gosh, that is so scary. :(

**hugs**

anna_66
01-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh man, just can't get a break can he:(

How is it they work on the kidney without doing surgery? Gosh, I really don't understand any of it:o

Whoever talks to him, let him know he's still in my prayers.

shais_mom
01-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh man, just can't get a break can he:(

How is it they work on the kidney without doing surgery? Gosh, I really don't understand any of it:o

Whoever talks to him, let him know he's still in my prayers.
The surgery that he was supposed to have today wasn't kidney related - it was supposed to be another cardiac cath. But the kidney specialist wants to fix the kidney problem first.
At least that's what I am understanding. I know 'medical talk' for the most part but some of it's over my head!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Prayers continuing here for our Phred!

zippy-kat
01-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Gosh, I really don't understand any of it:o

I'm with you, Anna! I do well to relate/remember the medical-speake he tells me.

Regardless, prayers are still being sent for a speedy-quick recovery!!

slick
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Oh crap....I can't believe it! Shoot, if I were in his shoes, I'd be pretty upset too....getting all geared up for something that won't happen. Staci and Zip, can't thank you guys enough for keeping this thread updated. My prayers haven't stopped....just wish I could light a candle on my desk for him. As for medical jargon the only word I understand is "bandaid". :D

OK, so how do they get rid of the blood clot on the kidneys?? Blood thinners??? Or maybe a laser zap of some kind??

ramanth
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Poor Phred. :( I'll try to get a call in soon when it gets quiet here at work.

*hugs to him*

emily_the_spoiled
01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Slick you are going in the right direction for removal of the blood clot, but there are now drugs that will dissolve clots. Unfortunately it usually takes about 24 hours and then other work can't be done for another 24 hours (because of an increased risk of bleeding). So unfortunately Phred is likely going to be twiddling his thumbs for another few days...

Karen
01-09-2006, 02:09 PM
He's in the "waiting for something to happen stage" - says to tell everyone he'll let us know when something's gonna happen - he's gonna go bug the nurses now. They're going to do a catheterization for the clot removal, he's just not been told when.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-09-2006, 02:17 PM

And Mister Bear did get brought with him, so he has a little bit of Pet Talk spirit with him!Just bumping this link up!
I'm sending him another e card now! :D

Sudilar
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Prayers, prayers and more prayers coming your way, Phred!!!! I'm lighting a candle right now!
Hugs!!!

slick
01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Just checking to see if there is any additional news on our patient. Thanks for bumping up the link MOFF. I'll send another ecard.

Cincy'sMom
01-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Poor Phred!! You are still in our thoughts and prayers.

K9karen
01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Praying and thinking of you, Phred, every second. Sure wish I was closer.

gini
01-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Dear Phred, prayers, prayers and more prayers tucked in with a bit of worry are my thoughts for you today.

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Phreds way.

Logan
01-10-2006, 03:27 AM
I had no idea all of this was happening. Phred, you are in my prayers. I know how frustrated you must be! Please sit tight until they can fix you up. We need you to be 100%! :)

Logan

LoudLou
01-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Phred,
We love and miss you!
Please know that you are in our thoughts & prayers....

Katie, Loud Louie & The Beans

slick
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Just adding some more prayers on this beautiful morning up here. Last night I had another candle lit for you dear Phred and I know that God is watching over you every minute. I hope today you will finally hear some positive news and get the heck out of there soon.

Anita Cholaine
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
More prayers and good thoughts for Phred... I'm trying to send an e-card now...

wolflady
01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Sent an eCard! Thoughts and prayers are still on the way for Phred. I hope he can get back to PT soon!

**hugs**

Karen
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Just got off the phone with Phred, he's scheduled for the kidney procedure tomorrow at 11ish, 11:30ish so prayers 'round about then would be appreciated. After that's done, they'll look at numbers and results and decide when to do the heart procedure. We think. Hope. Etc.

So he said to tell you all not to worry, he's heard this procedure tomorrow isn't that bad, and he'll let us know how it goes somehow.

As we were speaking someone walked in the room, and I heard that person say "Pet Talk," then Phred explained that was the guy delivering more e-cards! :) He really appreciates them.

ramanth
01-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the update Karen. :)

Vermontcat
01-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I hope the procedure goes well for Phred tomorrow.
Thanks for keeping us updated Karen.

slick
01-10-2006, 01:25 PM
So he said to tell you all not to worry,
Yeah, right...like that's going to happen. All I ever think about these days is Phred so had to stop work for a moment and check in. Thanks so much for the update Karen.

Hmmm, 11'ish would be about 9'ish Pacific Time I think. Is he 2 or 3 hours ahead of me? More prayers on the way.

lbaker
01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
He's East Coast Slick, same as I. Three hours diff from you. Unless of course someone happens to be in one of those Daylight Savings/non-Daylight savings situations. Then you can cross the street and been in a different time zone :rolleyes: Not in this case though, he and I (Karen & Paul too) just basic 3 hours earlier than you :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, right...like that's going to happen. All I ever think about these days is Phred so had to stop work for a moment and check in. Thanks so much for the update Karen.

Hmmm, 11'ish would be about 9'ish Pacific Time I think. Is he 2 or 3 hours ahead of me? More prayers on the way.

He's 3 ahead of you, Slick, because he's 1 ahead of me. He's on Eastern time.

Karen, thanks so much for the uppydate. Sounds like he is being kept busy with all the e-cards and phone calls so hopefully time isn't dragging by too much, although I know it would mean the world to him if his friends could sneak Cinder & Smokey in, and maybe even the Bowser boy. Sure wish I was closer so I could stop in and visit in person......

Roxyluvsme13
01-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Hope everything goes ok! Thanks for the update Karen.

shais_mom
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the update Karen - I am home sick with some type of flu - but kept the phone next to me just in case he called. And he didn't so I thought maybe he might be having the procedure today. Will keep him in thoughts and prayers as always...

Ginger's Mom
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the update, Karen. Poor Phred, it sure sounds like he has a lot to go through. I shall continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Staci, sorry you are under the weather as well! Take care of yourself!

Phred mentioned that the catheterization, he was told, isn;t that bad - he said "That's of course the point of view of the people standing up ... (the ones giving, not enduring, the procedure.

11ish tomorrow, folks, prayers towards Ohio!

gini
01-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Continued prayers for our beloved Phred.

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to Phred.

ChrisH
01-11-2006, 03:57 AM
Extra prayers for our dear Phred today.

delidog
01-11-2006, 05:44 AM
I will be watching the clock and praying for Dear Phred today!!!
I hope that all goes well!!
I sent an e-card...that is a nice service they do...
I hope he gets it

slick
01-11-2006, 09:15 AM
About 45 min. to go...

Praying really hard for you Phred.

cyber-sibes
01-11-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm lighting a candle & sendng prayers Phred. Hope you can you feel all the angels around you!

Anita Cholaine
01-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Lots of Prayers for Phred today... Hope everything goes well...

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Lots of extra prayers for Phred have been on the way since 6 am, my time. I didn't want to miss it.

Lots of HUGS too!

Randi
01-11-2006, 11:58 AM
I've been sending lots and lots of positive thoughts all day to Phred. Hope it all goes really well!!

Is it the Cardiac Catheterization he is having? There's some info about that on the site Karen posted. Click on Patient Preop info, then on the male body, and you can either read about the procedure or see a video clip. :eek:

Karen
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
No, it's his kidney they are catheterizing today. They have to wait until his kidneys are all set before they can do the angioplasty for his heart.

ramanth
01-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Still thinking of ya Phred. :)

I'm not sure if it's the same with all doctors but if they told him it's a relatively painless procedure, then it probably is.

They told Andy AFTER his surgery that the kind he endured was a very painful one. They didn't tell him before hand because they didn't want him to freak out.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Still thinking about Phred and hoping the procedure went well. He should be done by now....

slick
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
**taps foot**
Waiting for an uppydate and praying at the same time.

lbaker
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I just spoke with one of the lovely ladies at the nurses station by Phreds room. He has not returned from the recovery area where they took him after the "procedure". They expect him to return within the next hour. When I first called the general Health Center switchboard they knew EXACTLY who John is and what was happening and where to find him. I think he has the whole center charmed, not a surprise at all :p

Roxyluvsme13
01-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Sounds like everything went well! Good Luck to Phred.

Sudilar
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks so much for the update. Sounds like it is going well.

Anita Cholaine
01-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the update... Still praying for him....

Karen
01-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Phred is out of surgery, but up in Intensive Care. I just spoke to his nurse, and she said he was put in Intensive Care because his blood pressure was up a bit too high during the procedure, but by the time he actually got TO Intensive Care it was fine. He's fine and resting.

I said "He's got a big crowd" and she broke in to say (not unpleasantly) that she knows, and thinks they've all called in separately. I explained that not everyone has called, as we stretch from Canada to Calfornia to Argentina and Australia, but that perhaps by posting, I'll have forestalled more calls to her!

anna_66
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm very glad to hear it all went well and he is resting. Thanks for letting us know Karen:)

Corinna
01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Doen't she know she's taking care of a pet talk celebraty. She should be honored to be taking care of him. :D Glad hes doing ok after todays procedure.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Phred is out of surgery, but up in Intensive Care. I just spoke to his nurse, and she said he was put in Intensive Care because his blood pressure was up a bit too high during the procedure, but by the time he actually got TO Intensive Care it was fine. He's fine and resting.

I said "He's got a big crowd" and she broke in to say (not unpleasantly) that she knows, and thinks they've all called in separately. I explained that not everyone has called, as we stretch from Canada to Calfornia to Argentina and Australia, but that perhaps by posting, I'll have forestalled more calls to her!
Well, I didn't call; but I sure thought about it!!! ;)

I'm glad he is out of surgery and resting!!!

More prayers and (((HUGS))) on the way!!!

Thanks for the update Karen!

Ginger's Mom
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the update, Karen. Still thinking of and praying for Phred. I guess no one really knows how long he will be in ICU, do they? And what that means for the next step of his treatment? Aw Phred, we sure do love and miss you. {{{Hugs}}}

Cincy'sMom
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the update Karen!! Glad to hear Phred is doing okay and resting. We are still thinking of him.

KYS
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
So glad Phred is out of surgery and is doing better.

captain
01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Karen,
Thanks for posting that.
I am away interstate for work at the moment, and have logged in at the airport to "see" how Phred is doing.

{{{hugs}}} to you Phred.
Another e-card on the way

Love
Michelle and the SPotties :)

slick
01-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank you Karen. More prayers on the way. Gee, God must be staying up every night listening to all of our prayers....not to mention the prayer line must be ringing off the hook.

lbaker
01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
I just spoke with one of Phreds nurses. He is resting comfortably (well, as much as possible) and is being "weaned" off the ventilator. Breathing mostly on his own but needs to be totally off before they start to think about the next step. The people at the Health Center sound like angels and adore Phred. Well, why not! :)

Karen
01-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh, thank you Laurie! They may never have dealt with a Pet Talk person before, but here's to knowing they'll remember this expeience for a long time! :) *Phone ringing again? It's probably one of those pet-people, your turn to answer it!*

Anita Cholaine
01-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Oh, thank you Laurie! They may never have dealt with a Pet Talk person before, but here's to knowing they'll remember this expeience for a long time! :) *Phone ringing again? It's probably one of those pet-people, your turn to answer it!*

This show us how strong, and full of awesome people Pet Talk is... Lots of people around the world are praying and thinking about our friend Phred now...

Still sending tons of prayers...

gini
01-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Laurie, thanks so much for calling and giving us the update. The hospital has a legend as a patient and I think they are starting to figure that out.

Probably they are running out of paper in the e-mail room and realized they are all going to Phred.

Prayers, continued prayers for Phred.................

ramanth
01-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the update Karen. I remember how everytime I'd head up to the hospital to see Andy, the first thing the nurses would say is, "Phred called...."

:)

slick
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Thank you Laurie.

Thank you God.

Randi
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the updates Laurie and Karen. I'm relieved to hear the surgery went well. :)

When I first called the general Health Center switchboard they knew EXACTLY who John is and what was happening and where to find him. I think he has the whole center charmed, not a surprise at all :p
No, definately not a surprise. ;) And we must keep them on their toes. I'm sure they'll be doing everything in their power to get Phred fixed up, so they can get a bit of peace and quiet.

Sending tons of positive thoughts and hugs to Phred.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I know when I had my surgery, the difference in how I felt from the day of surgery to just 24 hours later was like night and day. Here's hoping that the same is true for Phred and he is up and at 'em today and patiently waiting for the next procedure.

Hang in there, Phred. One down one to go, then hopefully you'll be on the road to recovery for good!

A big THANK YOU to all of you who have been calling. I guess I've been hesitant to call knowing others are, and thinking how busy a hospital is, I just don't want to make more work for anyone there. Although from your reports the staff all seem to be very pleasant and happy to keep us updated.

Off to send another e-card - and a ream or two of paper..... ;)

Randi
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Debbie, I didn't ring either for the same reason, but I did send some e-mails. LOL! We ought to send the hospital a box of paper. :D

gini
01-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Debbie, I didn't ring either for the same reason, but I did send some e-mails. LOL! We ought to send the hospital a box of paper. :D

I hear that their printer is out of toner too.......... :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the updates Karen and Laurie. :) I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that Phred is now resting comfortably. :) More get well wishes are being sent his way.

lizbud
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
It's good to know that Phred can get some decent rest now. I'm
hoping and praying that each day now he starts to feel better & stronger.

Daisy and Delilah
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
We're still thinking of Phred. Thanks for the uppy dates. Boy!! I sure hope he gets better and gets to come home soon, all healthy. We miss you buddy :D PT isn't the same without our dear, sweet, Phred :)

slick
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
I just sent our dear boy another ecard. Can only imagine what the "card office" is saying....."Good grief...here's another one for Phred...better put this in John's pile!" :D

Barbara
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the updates. I also don't call but the e-card service is perfect. I am sure they never had someone like Phred in the hospital and he'll get the best service there. :)

Laura's Babies
01-12-2006, 06:29 PM
More prayers and well wishes ecard sent to our friend Phred.

AmberLee
01-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Bumping, for those, like me, who were having a bit of trouble finding the link!

Sent another email just now.

delidog
01-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Good to check in and see that Phred is doing better(Sort Of)
I sent another E-Card to him
We are All thinking & praying for him!!!
All Paws Crossed!!!

Pam
01-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks, Amberlee, for the link. I just sent one off and it said *message sent* but it also said there was trouble with the connection. :confused: Hope it sailed off to its proper destination. Phred if it didn't arrive, please know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you to hurry and get well and get back to us.

lbaker
01-13-2006, 06:50 AM
I just spoke with one of his nurses. They are waiting to move him to INTERMEDIATE care ~ yes folks, out of Intensive Care. The order is in, they are just waiting for a bed to open. He's off the ventilator totally. There is no phone in his room while he's still holding in Intensive Care but she (nurse) said she would tell him I called. I explained that there were people all over the world waiting to hear.. Australia, Buenos Aires, Europe and all across the U.S. and Canada. She said "yes, we know...". ;) :cool:

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Great news, Laurie! Thanks for letting us know.

Keep getting better, Phred! :D

Ginger's Mom
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, that is good news. Thank you so much Laurie and everyone else that has been keeping us informed. Prayers continueing.

ramanth
01-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Great news! Thanks Laurie. :)

Anita Cholaine
01-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the update... I'm very glad to know that he's doing well!

gini
01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Laurie, thank you for making the call and letting all of us know how Phred is doing. If that guy doesn't feel well loved, it sure isn't because we aren't trying!!

In my family, I am the founder of WORRIES R US............and my older niece immediately signed on as assistant.

Phred has been at the top of our list.

Sudilar
01-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the updates!! That is good news!

slick
01-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Just rolled out of bed and this is the first thing I checked. Laurie, that's such good news hear that he's going to be moved or "upgraded" as I like to call it. The fact that he's off the ventilator surely is a good sign. Thanks for the update and yes, I'm sure the whole hospital knows about Pet Talk now. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Wonderful news to start my day off! Thanks so much, Laurie. :)

I wonder if Phred told the nurses about PT and maybe some of them have checked it out for themselves and have seen this extremely long thread we have going for him. If you're out there, "Hi Nurses!" ;) :)

Randi
01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the good news, Laurie! I'm relieved to hear Phred is out of the IC unit and breathing on his own. :)

Keep improving, Phred, we're all rooting for you!! Sending more positive thoughts and hugs for a speedy recovery.

I wonder if Phred told the nurses about PT and maybe some of them have checked it out for themselves and have seen this extremely long thread we have going for him. If you're out there, "Hi Nurses!" ;) :)
That's what I thought too. ;) If they do, they could post updates. :D

shais_mom
01-13-2006, 11:57 AM
I got a call from Phred around noon - and just got off the phone with him.
He wants everyone to know he is alive and kicking just not very hard. ;)
First off he says he never was on a ventilator he was on a non- rebreather mask so that makes it a bit less scary. During the procedure to removed the blood clot from the kidney he went into heart failure where his lungs filled up with fluid and according to him he started coughing his fool head off. (his words not mine!!) The doc was irritated but the procedure went off ok - he was in the recovery room still coughing with no doc around to write an order for lasix. :rolleyes:
He appreciates all the cards and calls he is sorry he hasn't been able to talk to anyone yet.
He is scheduled for the cath on Monday.
Honestly he sounds 110% better then he did a week and half ago before he went into the hospital.
Keep the prayers and thoughts and calls and cards coming! :)

shais_mom
01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I got a call from Phred around noon - and just got off the phone with him.
He wants everyone to know he is alive and kicking just not very hard. ;)
First off he says he never was on a ventilator he was on a non- rebreather mask so that makes it a bit less scary. During the procedure to removed the blood clot from the kidney he went into heart failure where his lungs filled up with fluid and according to him he started coughing his fool head off. (his words not mine!!) The doc was irritated but the procedure went off ok - he was in the recovery room still coughing with no doc around to write an order for lasix. :rolleyes:
He appreciates all the cards and calls he is sorry he hasn't been able to talk to anyone yet.
He is scheduled for the cath on Monday.
Honestly he sounds 110% better then he did a week and half ago before he went into the hospital.
Keep the prayers and thoughts and calls and cards coming! :)

I remembered I forgot the new number where he is....

330-480-4559 is the direct line to his room and his new room number is

4509BThe room and the phone line do not match but that is correct according to him!

Karen
01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Whooo! Thanks for posting the good news, Staci! Seeing as you *just* got off the phone with him, I'll wit until later to call.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2006, 12:11 PM
During the procedure to removed the blood clot from the kidney he went into heart failure
:eek: :eek:

Honestly he sounds 110% better then he did a week and half ago
before he went into the hospital.
Whew!

So glad he's in the best place he can be right now. To me heart failure sounds like :eek: :eek: but to the docs it sounds like it's no big deal.

Keep on getting better Phred! Hopefully the Monday's procedure goes off a little more smoothly than this one did.

kb2yjx
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Will remember Phred in prayers, esp on Monday!!!