PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy stuff like feathers and bells....

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 10:51 PM
I want to make them some kitty toys :) or repair some of their toys. Maybe they wont get into the styrofoam :D anymore... (ha ha ha)

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 11:09 PM
I believe any craft store would have feathers and bells. Wal-Mart, Fred Myer... or some craft or art supply store.:)

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 11:58 PM
Nope I checked today :( Kmart and Freds didnt have either.... any places on line?

AmberLee
04-08-2002, 03:35 AM
My brother's into crafts using feathers and such and once as a surprise I got him an assortment of feathers from a farm in Texas: chicken, duck, owl, emu, and others but I don't remember the details now. The prices seemed reasonable to me. Very nice woman: she makes cat toys from the feathers from the emus on her farm. She used to sell them via ebay, but I just ran a search there and couldn't find her again. I think she and her mother had 36 cats as well as the various kinds of (large) birds. Sorry, I don't have her e-mail available right now, but in the morning when I'm more awake I'll look it up and post it. I'm also sure there are tons of other places on line to get feathers, but she is the first source I think of. [My brother was THRILLED with them...]

Good luck.

Lachesis
04-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Wow! I look forward to her username/email!

Im "MiPeppyMax" on ebay (real orginal huh??)

AmberLee
04-08-2002, 05:22 PM
I just checked with Katra, who makes cat toys and also sells components. She's fine with me posting her e-mail here. She's in Texas, like I said earlier. She can be reached at [email protected]

Her ebay name is Katra, I'm drawing a blank on her formal name. Say 'hi' for me, if you will.

N.B. The emu feathers on a stick particularly drove my fur-babies crazy. Something about emu feathers makes 'em 'pouf' and they fall like a parachute which sent my boys wild to tackle them. For what it's worth. I bought a bunch and used half for my kids and half as cat-warming presents.
:p :D

Enjoy!

Lachesis
04-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Thank you thank you!!!!

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 06:47 PM
It occured to me that when I want to buy feathers or bells, I usually go to my local Michael's arts and craft supply store (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home) so I thought I'd try their online version.

Well, I don't see feathers or bells, but I had a blast looking through what goodies they do offer. And I didn't check, but perhaps there's an email address to send in a request to add feathers and bells for special craft projects?

Good luck.

Lachesis
04-11-2002, 06:48 PM
I was able to email the gal w/the Emu feathers and for $5 she's sending me 100 of them :D So now I just need to find bells...