PDA

View Full Version : My Aunt And Molly

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Ok, most of you know this situation with my Mom and Molly.. my Mom not liking the fact that she could be crossed with Husky even though I do not think she is.. but my Aunt keeps going on about it to my Mom because SHE want to try and get us to bring Molly back to the pound so SHE can adopt her..

(Side note: We phoned the vet this morning to book Mickey and Molly's yearly vaccinations and the vet does not think she is crossed with Husky if she is only 15lbs at 4 months).

My Mom was on the phone with my Aunt and my Mom hung up when they were done and my Dad goes, "Does she still think she's crossed with Husky? :rolleyes:" and my Mom says, "Well, she said some Husky's are smaller."

So I ran up the stairs and said, "What did she say??" and my Dad told me so I just said, "OH.....MY.......GODDDDDD..!!!!!!! :mad:"

My Aunt is REALLY getting my knickers in a knot.. (just an expression LOL)

K9soul
01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I really think your Mom and Aunt are behaving a bit ridiculously over this whole thing. It seems so silly for it to matter so much if she MIGHT be mixed! And I don't mean that as a slam or putdown of course, it just aggravates me (I can't imagine how much it is affecting you!)

Well I hope they settle down soon and let things be. I can't imagine how badly this must be stressing you out. The whole situation is really silly (on their part, not yours).

Miss Z
01-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I really think your Mom and Aunt are behaving a bit ridiculously over this whole thing. It seems so silly for it to matter so much if she MIGHT be mixed! And I don't mean that as a slam or putdown of course, it just aggravates me (I can't imagine how much it is affecting you!)

Well I hope they settle down soon and let things be. I can't imagine how badly this must be stressing you out. The whole situation is really silly (on their part, not yours).

Yeah, couldn't have put it better myself. She's a dog, she's cute, and most people on here are pretty sure that she's purebred. Tell your mother to KEEP HER!!!! If she's a good companian to you then i don't think there's any reason to get rid of her, and i'm on your side by saying that. It must be heartwrenching to have relatives bickering over your pet whilst you plainly want to keep her. Surely your mother knows you love her and want to keep her:confused:

lv4dogs
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I couldn't agree more with what the others before me have said.

It seems so childish to act like that, who cares what breed she is, if she's working out for you than that is all that matters.

I especially can not believe it due to the simple fact that she was a rescue. When you adopt a dog (unless there is paperwork from the previous owner) there is never a garantee about what breed(s) may be in a dog.

If your mother does return her for some reason she better get her next dog from a reputable breeder so she can have her purbred dog and not go through all of this again.

I feel bad for the poor pup. I'm glad she doesn't understand what conversations are going on. It would break her poor heart if she knew that your mom cared so much about a purbred dogs (even though she does appear to be purbred).

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Umm.. actually, it's NOT the fact that she's not purebred.. it's the fact that she could be mixed with Husky. My Mother does not like Husky's, and I am kind of realizing that I have to respect that. There are breeds that I would choose others over. :p

And it's NOT the fact that she is a rescue. My Mom PREFERS rescues over buying from breeders..

I never said either of those things.. I just said my mother does not like Husky's......... O_O

Jessika
01-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Aw Jess don't worry -- I'm sure your dad wouldn't let her give her up!!

Tell your mom thought that even IF she were a husky mix, you wouldn't really be able to tell until she was older anyway, so if your mom gave her up now just because she THINKS she MIGHT be a HuskyX then she's just... well, dumb. Sorry.

And your aunt.. wow. How childish is that!!

Since your dad seems most level-headed about the whole situation, I would sit down, do a little research and show him that, hey, aunty here is full of potatoes if she thinks she is going to try to brainwash mom into giving up OUR dog!

PS: I can't get on MSN since I'm at HJ's parents' right now :)

lv4dogs
01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Umm.. actually, it's NOT the fact that she's not purebred.. it's the fact that she could be mixed with Husky. My Mother does not like Husky's, and I am kind of realizing that I have to respect that. There are breeds that I would choose others over. :p

And it's NOT the fact that she is a rescue. My Mom PREFERS rescues over buying from breeders..

I never said either of those things.. I just said my mother does not like Husky's......... O_O

Well, I'm sorry for expressing that that way... but that fact still applies, just ignore the purebred and insert not mixed with husky.

So if she chooses to get another dog any time she would still be better off going to a breeder as you can never really know what a dog is mixed with. I know husky mixes that don't even resemble husky's at all, I also know a few mixed breeds that resemble a husjy in some way but they have no husky in them.

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Well Mickey's a mix and there was never a problem with him. So no, a breeder would not be a better choice................... We don't have things to accomedate the size of a Husky.... Sorry...

Jess: Yeah, my Dad already thinks my Aunt is off her rocker. He's kinda sick of her and this Husky thing.

K9soul
01-03-2006, 02:01 PM
We don't have things to accomedate the size of a Husky.... Sorry...

Huskies are not THAT much bigger than BC, especially female huskies, and a husky mixed with a BC will likely be even smaller than a purebred husky. Glacier's Pingo is a good example. I believe she said Pingo is around 40 pounds? When I took Tasha on the humane society walk last, she was the same height as a young female husky there and she is about 21 inches at the shoulder, not a "big" dog at all but more medium.

I guess if she got "taken back" or rehomed on the chance that she might POSSIBLY have husky in her, it would seem even more reprehensible for the reasoning of "well she will grow too large"...

Please do not get offended by the opinions expressed here. I dont' think anyone is trying to attack you or even your Mom but it is disturbing to us (as it must be to you) and you did post it here. You have to expect opinions when you do that :).

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I only got offended because lv4dogs accidently misread the post, sorry. :)

lv4dogs
01-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I only got offended because lv4dogs accidently misread the post, sorry. :)

Well I said I was sorry there's not much else that can be done about it. Forgive & forget... at least thats my motto. I didn't mean to attack you I was just stating my opinion. I am sorry.

But even so the fact is still basically the same, just cross out "purebred" and insert "not mixed with husky".

Well Mickey's a mix and there was never a problem with him. So no, a breeder would not be a better choice................... We don't have things to accomedate the size of a Husky.... Sorry...

Just because Mickey is a mix and you haven't had problems with him doesn't guarantee that another mix or rescue dog will be the same way. Like mentioned before, you don't really know for sure what breeds are in a mix until the dog gets older, by that time the dog could be something entirely different than you thought... a lot of things could happen. Getting an adult dog or a purebred dog would be your mothers best bet IF she were to get another dog again.

And some Huskys are even smaller than Mickey. A husky is not that large of a dog at all.

Alysser
01-03-2006, 02:35 PM
That's ridiculious. Why doesn't your Aunt just go to the pound and adopt her own dog? :rolleyes: I think she is a purebred. It shouldn't matter but that's not my opinion. Still, just ignore her. I hope your things work out.

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Well I said I was sorry there's not much else that can be done about it. Forgive & forget... at least thats my motto. I didn't mean to attack you I was just stating my opinion. I am sorry.

But even so the fact is still basically the same, just cross out "purebred" and insert "not mixed with husky".

Just because Mickey is a mix and you haven't had problems with him doesn't guarantee that another mix or rescue dog will be the same way. Like mentioned before, you don't really know for sure what breeds are in a mix until the dog gets older, by that time the dog could be something entirely different than you thought... a lot of things could happen. Getting an adult dog or a purebred dog would be your mothers best bet IF she were to get another dog again.

And some Huskys are even smaller than Mickey. A husky is not that large of a dog at all.

I didn't ask you to do anything about it. I was apologizing for being offended. :p

I didn't say we wouldn't have problems with another mix. I am SIMPLY just saying my mother does not like Husky's.. what's wrong with that??

And, I know how difficult it is to tell what a dog is mixed with when they are a pup.... :) I've said it many times before when people are curious what their pups are mixed with.

We don't WANT a purebred, so, again, no. Not a better option. MY motto: "Why breed and buy while shelter dogs die?" :D

lv4dogs
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I didn't ask you to do anything about it. I was apologizing for being offended. :p

I didn't say we wouldn't have problems with another mix. I am SIMPLY just saying my mother does not like Husky's.. what's wrong with that??

And, I know how difficult it is to tell what a dog is mixed with when they are a pup.... :) I've said it many times before when people are curious what their pups are mixed with.

We don't WANT a purebred, so, again, no. Not a better option. MY motto: "Why breed and buy while shelter dogs die?" :D

1. Ok, I was just appologizing again, just in case.

2. Nothing is wrong with that... but I was just SIMPLY stating that a lot of mixes can have husky even if it doesn't show and some mixes may have husky even if it doesn't show.

3. Have no reply because it was just stated just to be sure.

4. And I heard you when you said you don't want a purebred, thats why I changed it to an adult OR a purebred.

:D I hope it's all settled now. lol

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
lol.. *hugs* Sorry about that. :p