PDA

View Full Version : Daisy update...

Glacier
01-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Daisy's owner called last night, in a panic! He had been out of town for five days, about exactly as long as Daisy has been at our place. He had made arrangements for a housesitter, but the guy flaked out. So J. came home to a big mess--you can't leave a house unattended up here in the winter! But before he even got his water running again, he was looking for Daisy. I made him come over to pick her up and I'm glad I did. I wanted to see her reaction to him. She was positively joyful! She jumped all over him, licking and wagging her whole body. She very happily followed him through the gate and jumped in his truck.

I gave him a lecture about taking better care of her, offered to help him out in any way we could and next time he leaves town, he's just going to bring Daisy over to us! I didn't see Daisy again last night or this morning. I suspect she's enjoying being home--she has a doggy door at her house. I'm sure she'll be back to accompany us on our next run. So basically, things are back to normal!

BC_MoM
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
That's so great! So at least he's not a complete buttmunch.

What a happy ending! :)

Queen of Poop
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm sure you are sad to see her go. But she obviously loves him very much. Good that next time he goes away he will just bring her over.

Ginger's Mom
01-03-2006, 10:53 AM
What a happy ending. And I am so happy that you made him come over so you could see how she reacted and that she was happy that he was home. :D I am sure she will be back to visit you and your gang, she loves it at Aunt Glacier's house. And really, how smart of her to go somewhere she felt safe while Dad was away. I hope he appreciated all that you did for his girl while he was away.

ramanth
01-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Sad Daisy isn't joining your group, but I'm glad she's home and happy. :)

finn's mom
01-03-2006, 11:56 AM
A happy ending! It sure would have been cool to be able to see frequent pictures of Daisy, but, it really does sound like she has a good home with a good dad. Good ideas, seeing her reaction and telling him to bring her to you guys next time. That sucks about his house, though. :( I hope it wasn't too bad. Anyway, thanks for the update on ms. Daisy.

gemini9961
01-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Good news! :D Glad to here Daisy was happy to see him and everything is back to normal.

lizbud
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
What a great update for Daisy. I'm so glad the guy does care
about her & she him. :) Daisy is a lucky girl to have you as a neighbor.

CagneyDog
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
That's great! I'm sure Daisy is happy to be back at home.

anna_66
01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Good to hear her owner is home and she's happy to see him:D
Hope they're enjoying each others company!

cyber-sibes
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
oh good, at least you know she wasn't abandoned and he wasn't mean to her. That was good to make him come over so you knew she was happy to see him. I hope he appreciates having a neighbor like you around!

chocolatepuppy
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I bet you're so glad to see her reaction to him! Hopefully next time he will let you take care of her if he's gone. :)

Alysser
01-03-2006, 09:13 PM
That's great!

captain
01-03-2006, 11:23 PM
That is great news ...... glad she was happy to see him ...... but we know she will be back to you for a visit before long :D

Dot
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
That's just wonderful!

sandragonfly
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
from the other thread, looks like she have stole your heart but sorry you couldn't steal hers! ..yet. ;)

hope this time the flaky owner have the sense shaken out and is aware that you will have her if else!

daisy, I'm so glad you're living close to glacier, she'll keep an good eye on you! and keep you fullfilled whenever needed. {{{daisy}}}

dab_20
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Glad she's happy again!! He sounded like a creep, but maybe he isn't such a bad guy?

Glacier
01-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Glad she's happy again!! He sounded like a creep, but maybe he isn't such a bad guy?

He's not a bad guy, just kind of clueless! I think he's trainable. :p Usually when I tell him to do something with Daisy, he does it right way--get her groomed, take her to the vet, buy her a collar ect.

Daisy was waiting at the fence for her chunk of moose last night! I swear my dogs make a different noise when they are getting meat for dinner. She rarely shows up for kibble, but she never misses a meat night! She ate her piece and left again. So things are right back to normal!

cloverfdx
01-05-2006, 01:32 AM
That is great news Glacier, i am happy to hear Daisy had missed her owner and wanted to go home.

CountryWolf07
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
That's good news! At least he DOES care about her. :)