PDA

View Full Version : Good Vibes/prayers would be so appreciated.

kittylover4ever
01-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I am going in for a full hysterectomy Feb 1, due mostly to endometreosis. It's very painful for me and my doc and I are hoping this takes away most if not all of my pain............any good wishes and experiences with this would be most appreciated...........needless to say, I'm scared! If there ever was a 42 year old chicken afraid of doctors, hospitals stays and needles, it's me! :eek: :(

RobiLee
01-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Good vibes and prayers coming your way!! Please don't be too scared and if you are just let your nurses and doctors know. Most of them are very good at their jobs and will do what they can to help ease your fears. I have had a complete hysterectomy also and my surgery went very well. I am certain that it will relieve all that pain that you have been in.

kittylover4ever
01-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks so much Robilee..............it's so great to hear that. Thanks for the support!! :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-03-2006, 07:22 AM
I also had a hysterectomy almost 10 years ago. It changed my life for the better by 110%. The recovery is somewhat lengthy but it's well worth it. I go in for knee surgery tomorrow and I'm a 54 year old scaredy cat. I think we'll always have that fear and apprehension when it comes to medical procedures. I know it's going to help me in the long run so I've decided to try to toughen up and take it. I think you'll be very happy with the results of your surgery and I wish you well. Please PM me with any questions :)

Karen
01-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Good luck to both of you. I've never been scared of doctors, I think when I had my brain surgery 11 years ago, Paul was far more scared than I was! :) You'll both be in our prayers.

Miss Z
01-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Don't be scared, i'm sure you'll be fine;) just think that this is gonna take away all the pain you've been experiencing and you can lead a more comfortable life:)

kittylover4ever
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone.........every good vibe and friendly word really helps.......... :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm sure that everything will go well. Lots or prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I recently had thyroid surgery - a lot different from a hysterectomy, I know, but I found that all the fears and apprehension I had before I went in were for nought. Everything went extremely well and I recovered a lot quicker than I thought - and I hope the same for you. The worst thing you can do is work yourself into a tizzy about the whole thing, so just relax, take it one step at a time and before you know it you'll be on your way to recovery and a new life like Daisy and Delilah. :)

Felix
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Good vibes and prayers comming from Canada :D

cloverfdx
01-05-2006, 01:43 AM
You will both be in my thoughts, goodluck {{Hugs}}.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Try not to be too scared. Everything will turn out great!
I know a few women that have had a hysterectomy and no complaints.

You will be in my prayers.....