PDA

View Full Version : And baby makes six!!!

trinity
01-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I know I should probably be posting this in Rescue but....if anyone remembers about two weeks ago I posted that hubby and I were watching/feeding some kittens and a mom that had decided to move under the porch of the empty house next door....WE CAUGHT ONE! Fortunately I think we caught the one that needed the most help as she had major diarhea. To the point that she almost couldn;t use her back legs since they were so gunked up and her little tummy and bottom were burned from the urine and the gunk....on the 28th hubby was in the backyard and happened to see her run under his truck. He looked into the wheel well and saw her, reached in, and she went up. He had to open the hood of his truck and pulled her off of the turbo charger...so her name is officially Turbo. Got her to the vet that day for the feline leuk and aids test (both negative!!!). She weighed one whole pound. I think she is up to about 2 at this time, making up for lost time as it was. And the diarhea is just about cleared up completely.She looked 150% better after just one night in the house. Amazing what a difference being warm and dry will make....still keeping an eye on the other two and mom. If the opportunity presents itself, will snag them and them get them furrever homes, but Turbo is staying. She has hubby wrapped very tightly around that tiny little paw......as soon as I get a new battery for my digital camera I will get some pictures. She reminds me a lot of Willy in his first pictures....wild hair and all!

catmandu
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Bless You for taking that little Treasure in,and we hope that your little Rescue is all right,and turns out to be the Big Happy Cat,that Willy became.
All the Found Cats are so plaesed that Little Trubo has won the Furr Ever Home Lottery,and is happy in His New Home.

catnapper
01-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Yippie! Hooray for dad! Amazing how wonderful men can be when it
ceoms to these little helpless ones. We definately need pictures of the amazing Turbo!

trinity
01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I was incredibly brave (or stupid) depending on your point of view and took 3 furr babies to the vet last night, including the baby, Turbo. The good news? She has put on almost 2 pounds, now weighs in at 2.8. The bad news...she has roundworm :( but they treated her for that and said she is really coming along well. yippee!

Oh and the other two that went? Bouncer LOST 2 pounds which is cause for worldwide celebration. Now she only weighs 22 instead of almost 25. We figure she gave the two to Turbo ;)

And Zingo had to get his bottom squeezed again....but is fine otherwise

orangemm
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Turbo is a lucky little kitty; and so lucky to have loving purrents like you.

so glad you caught her!!!

Karen
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Congratulations - and I love her name! :)

Sonia59
01-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Very good news, congratulations! I am so happy for this little girl! One more kitty saved, thanks to you! :) :)

Can't wait for pics ! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Congrats on your new addition!!! :D I'm so glad that your husband was able to catch her and hopefully you'll be able to help her other siblings and their mother too. Turbo sure sounds cute and I can't wait to see pictures of her. :)

catlover4ever
01-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Congratulations on your new addition and good work for both you and hubby. I love the name Turbo. :)