PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary - Goodbye Christmas

Edwina's Secretary
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Dear Diary,

It is over. I love Christmas and all the special decoration but today they went away for another year....

HH said farewell to some of her favorite ornaments....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/p3addca50742e3cdefdd5e16e73b8be08/f0c4aa21.jpg

and I tried to hang on to some of my favorites....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/pf8d36561e011d758ba295ae9c5e13ca0/f0c4aa22.jpg

But away they went....

Seasonally,

Eddie

ps....Blondie wants to know how two cat toys got in the Christmas tree. Should I tell her?

E

zippy-kat
01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Dear Eddie,

I think the 2 cat toys ARE the tree and its contents (both on and above). However, I was only able to test this theory once as Pretty Pretty Princess K'Cee* generally refused to grant me access.

Sincerely,
Sid

*Why does she insist that I call her Pretty Pretty Princess K'Cee - even goes as far as to tackle me if I don't do it - but the rest of the house calls her K'Cee, Kissie, or Miss Hiss?

kimlovescats
01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Dearest Eddie ... my poor babies were more than happy to see our Christmas tree go "bye bye" ... because now they are free to venture through the living room again! Let's just say, a few of them preferred to remove ornaments rather than adding their own. I am quite sure that Blondie was most appreciative that you chose the latter! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2006, 11:55 PM
At least you got to enjoy a Christmas tree with all of the trimmings. Our meowmie doesn't trust us so we don't get to enjoy these wonderful things. :(

It sounds like the E's did some of their own tree decorating. Maybe they'll help you with the tree next year. :)

AmberLee
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey Eddie, if you start lobbying NOW maybe you can gets your own tree to decorate next year. I think silver sardines would be a festive touch, don't you?

Slurp! from your bud,
Cassy-Wassy

jenluckenbach
01-03-2006, 05:24 AM
TREE!?!? You mean some of you get to play in a TREE???? INSIDE??? Boy, we sure are deprived kitties......:(

signed the Luckenbach kitties.

sasvermont
01-03-2006, 05:39 AM
Dear Edwina and Eddie:

You should consider yourself lucky! Our Mom didn't even decorate this year. She claimed she was going to be away for the holiday and planned to have a cat sitter come in and stay with us for Christmas. Well, let me tell you............ bummer. We did have a sitter who seldom cleaned our litter boxes and didn't spend much time with us. She won't be back. So, we had a non-Christmas, Christmas. Nothing.....not even toys.... Sanata didn't show! Not even a left over of food from the Christmas table. We have called the local humane society and filed our complaint. We are hoping to find a new home soon (all together, of course) and find a home where they DO love their kitties and they DO celebrate Christmas with lots of decorations.

Maybe we could all come and live with you two? Could we bring our friends, Cinnamon and Denver, the bunnies?

You two are so lucky to have found such a wonderful family to live with you.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Your friends,

Miley, Juni-get-down, Chloe, Lucy Lu, Cinnamon and Denver aka The Campers

P. S. What did you get for Christmas?

rkidsrcats
01-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Dear Eddie,
Sorry to hear that your tree is gone for the year. We had a live tree this year and it is now to be planted in the back yard. Alas, we are not allowed outside to climb it, but we have fond memories of scratching the trunk and smelling the branches.

Until the next NOEL,

The Tribe

Vermontcat
01-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Dear Edwina and Eddie:

You should consider yourself lucky! Our Mom didn't even decorate this year. She claimed she was going to be away for the holiday and planned to have a cat sitter come in and stay with us for Christmas. Well, let me tell you............ bummer. We did have a sitter who seldom cleaned our litter boxes and didn't spend much time with us. She won't be back. So, we had a non-Christmas, Christmas. Nothing.....not even toys.... Sanata didn't show! Not even a left over of food from the Christmas table. We have called the local humane society and filed our complaint. We are hoping to find a new home soon (all together, of course) and find a home where they DO love their kitties and they DO celebrate Christmas with lots of decorations.

Maybe we could all come and live with you two? Could we bring our friends, Cinnamon and Denver, the bunnies?

You two are so lucky to have found such a wonderful family to live with you.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Your friends,

Miley, Juni-get-down, Chloe, Lucy Lu, Cinnamon and Denver aka The Campers

P. S. What did you get for Christmas?

You poor little campers. :(
Next time you should spend the holidays with me.
Samantha is happily snoring under her Christmas Tree right now.
And if it's presents you need, I can take care of that.
There is a Cat Show in town this weekend.
Maybe your mom and I can get together and stock up on new kitty toys for you Campers.

Love the E's, they sure know how to enjoy the holidays. :D
And yes, you should be glad that Eddie was adding decorations to the tree rather than removing them. ;)

catmandu
01-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Dont Worry Eddie.
Valentines Day and Easter are coming up,and we bet that your house will be all decorated then,and that you will get plenty of treats.
JJJ3 says he has something special in mind for HH Lady Edwina Rose!
She will have to wait with bated breath.

catnapper
01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh Eddie, this makes me sad. I am about ot tear down my tree too.... but now I have to rethink this idea because I wouldn't want to upset my furries!

Felix
01-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Meowmie took down our Christmas tree when she found me perched in the middle of it one morning :( I know the feeling :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Eddie, our mawmee didn't even put a tree up this year! She has been so uppie set over da move we will haf ta make, she can't think straight (so she says). She promises next year will be better.

Glad you at least got to enjoy your tree!

Leonardo, Luke, Grandma, and Chester

Randi
01-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Edwina, as much as you love the Christmas decorations, this is the time they have to come down, but they'll be up again next year. :)

Eddie, it was of course Santa who put the toys there for you and Edwina - be quick and go get them before your secretary hides them! ;)

Eddie, green is not your color!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Edwina, absence makes the heart grow fonder, so say your farewells then look forward to seeing Mr & Mrs Orna Ment next year!

Eddie, what a wonderful kitty you are to help your meowmie decorate the tree! Not so sure she appreciates the help in taking the decorations down though.....

:D

Barbara
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Here the 6th is the classical day to take down the Christmas ornaments and it will happen tomorrow.
Filou and Tigris couldn't care less which shows they are going to be senior kitties ;)

But you Vermont kitties: if you want to move- you are very welcome here and you would get a NATURAL tree- as always: so think about it :)

Laura's Babies
01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
This is so sad! "Goodbyes" are always hard to say, but worry not my dear, you will see them all again NEXT year! If you start begging early enough, maybe Meowmie will bring it all out earlier next year so you can enjoy it more and longer. (I hope you stashed and hid some of your favorites somewhere so you can pull them out to play with when Meowmie is away or sleeping..... I am still finding ornimates from Christmas before last that my babies snatched from the tree and hid!!)

RedHedd
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I did the deed last night and felt right smug that this year I didn't forget anything .... :rolleyes: yeah, right - NOT! This morning I realized that Mishi's favorite tree skirt was still out, draped around the kitties' scratching post. He politely pointed out my omission by laying on it and looking up at me oh-so-sweetly with his big green eyes. <sigh>

Pam
01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Dear Edwina and Eddie,
What's a Christmas tree? :confused: Since we have lived here we have never had one. The big orange cat told us that he used to get to enjoy them many years ago.
Love, Bella and Ripley

Dear Edwina and Eddie,
I used to love it when my humans put up a tree. It gave me another cozy place to curl up and take a nap. Then my little buddy, Andy, came along and, well, what can I say? He is BAD TO THE BONE when there is a tree in the house. He spoils it for everyone.
Love, Trevor

Dear Edwina and Eddie,
In my own defense....I have a natural curiosity. I just can't help myself. I guess I am an OCD kitty, but when something dangles I must pull it down and then run away with it. I also like yanking on light strings. Do you think I need a therapist?
Love, Andy

Edwina's Secretary
01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Dear Camp Vermont Kitties (and Bunnies),

It would be great to have some FUN cats around here but the gender balance would be all off. Would so many girls gang up on me? I can't offer you any snow (sniff) but I do have a pool with lots of worms!

Eddie

Dear Andy,

I do not think you need therapy. I like a cat with some spunk! Do not let them try and change you. Perhaps you just need more space? Less siblings. I think that would cure some of my idiocyncrisies.

Edwina

Killearn Kitties
01-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Dear Eddie,

It is so upsetting when all the decorations come down, isn't it? The place looks so dull. Our beautiful tree is lying out on the pavement this morning waiting for the recycling men to come. *sigh* All over for another year.

Where are we going to store our catnip mousies now? Where are we going to snooze? It's so unfair!

Empathetically,

the Killearn Kitties