PDA

View Full Version : Zaicha Update

BastetsMum
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi,

Just thought I would give you all a Zaicha update and a big thankyou for your fantastic advice on Hungry Cat Food Aggression.

She is doing much better since we are feeding her separately to Bastet. She still tries to sneak food from Bastet's bowl though so she gets a spray of vinegar and water mix from the spray bottle every now and then. This is becoming less of a common occurance since she is realising that food doesn't need to be "wolfed down in case of lean times". She is also gaining weight slowly. Most of it I think is going to her muscles at present as she is still pretty lean. I will post photos when she looks a little better. I wouldn't want to shock any one at how bad she really is/was. She is still very underweight.

She is getting better with Bastet as well and is coming more out of her shell now. She likes to Ambush Bastet but without the agression attached to it. We have come to the realisation that she isn't a jumping cat and doesn't like heights all that much so the stairs are a real issue for her. She is most happiest on the floor or on the couches so we are happy with that. She has started to play with us as well! We were thrilled when she decided that shoe laces were fun to play with! (We have since got her a large piece of cord to play with so our shoe laces are now safe). Anyway this is just a quick update. Thanks again to all those people who helped with Zaicha - she is a happier cat for it.

jenluckenbach
01-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the update! And feel free to post those pictures ANY time. We would love to see her blossom in your care.

catmandu
01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
It Does Take A While,to Learn That Lesson By A Cat,that Has Had Tofight For Thier Meals.
Tubby2,and Scrappy 2 Are Both Learning That There Will Be Food For Tomorrow,that The Dishes Will Magically Refill,and There Will Always Be Something To Eat.
We Are Glad Zaicha Is No Longer So Agressive.

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm glad to hear that she's doing well and I too would love to see some pictures of her and Bastet as well. :)

kimlovescats
01-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Glad to hear that Zaicha is starting to settle in! Can't wait for pics when you're ready!

BastetsMum
01-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Here are some photos of Zaicha and Bastet taken a week ago. Zaicha looks better now than she did then. The legs belong to my partner - she is very much a "daddy's girl".

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Zaicha is beautiful!!!! Bastet, however, does not seem to be enamored by her beauty. ;) :D Glad to hear things are going smoother. :)