PDA

View Full Version : Sinus headache sufferers?

kittylover4ever
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Does anyone get sinus headaches all the time like I do? If so, any suggetions on how you deal with them?

Miss Z
01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't really get sinus headaches, but when i get headaches, the simplest solution i find, is sleep;)

Also, drink loads of water, and also, i find having some hot juice and just taking gentle sips and inhaling the steam is calming. And i don't watch tv or go on the computer when i have one, because it makes it feel worse.

Queen of Poop
01-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Sudafed seems to work the best lately. But a visit to the chiropractor and having him adjust your sinuses, yes this is possible, is the very best remedy.

kittylover4ever
01-02-2006, 05:03 PM
No kidding Gayle? I'm almost afraid to ask, how in the world is that done? :eek:

rkidsrcats
01-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Weird as this may sound, I suffered with sinus headaches for years until I read something by Dr. Andrew Weil. He mentioned cutting out dairy products for a while to see if anything improved. I did and amazingly the sinus problems went away. I was lactose intolerant and it inflamed my sinuses for some weird reason. Now I drink Soy milk and the only time I have problems is when the air gets really dry and I forget to turn on humidifiers in the house.

king2005
01-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Does anyone get sinus headaches all the time like I do? If so, any suggetions on how you deal with them?

I use to get them all the time, very painfull.

I met with a wonderful walk-in clinic dr. She realized what I had (I thought they were just regular headaches). She told me to first clear the infection, then to use Flonase daily until I can see an allergy dr. so I know whats upsetting my sinus, so I know how often to use flonase.

Well me being me ignored the Allergy dr. cause if I didn't I'ed be on Flonase for the rest of my life.

I have allergies that are all year round, so I only take it when my nose starts to bother me (running or sneezing). I almost NEVER have any issues with my sinus now.

I couldn't tell you how much Flonase costs, as I only pain $0.50 for all my meds due to my drug plan. But 1 bottle is going on 2yrs, so I'm doing pretty good, as I have 3 other bottles cause my plan ran out & I just emptied my account heheh.

Queen of Poop
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
No kidding Gayle? I'm almost afraid to ask, how in the world is that done? :eek:

It is very weird the first time, but the relief is so substantial that repeat visits are most welcome. My chiropractor uses an activator which focuses the adjustment to where it is needed. Trust me, living in a chinook zone, where each time the weather changes I get a sinus headache, he has become a GOD to me. It is truly amazing.

catnapper
01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Gosh, yes. Most of my sinus headaches if left "unchecked" turn into migraines. Yuck.

I have recently noticed Excedrine has come out with a sinus headache pill (comparing the labels its basically Tylenol Sinus, but comes in a big bottle like aspirin, so no more fiddling with those darn plastic bubbles to get the pills out! :D) I have to say the Excedrine is working well. I take it twice a day, in the morning and sometime before bed. If I don't have a headache then I just take Benadryl. It seems ot work well for me

carole
01-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Yes i am a sinus sufferer too, I try not to take much medication if i can help it, and always have a bowl of boiling water with salt in it with a towel over my head and inhale that three times a day, it always helps a little and does wonders for your skin too, other than that i just put up with the misery of them, which is no fun is it? :(

kittylover4ever
01-03-2006, 04:41 AM
No Carole, it sure isn't fun.......I've actually thought I had several toothaches and went to the dentist. I've been told I have no cavaties, but at times, it sure feels like it. Thanks for all the advice! :)

kuhio98
01-03-2006, 09:19 AM
I have to get on an airplane every week and fly from Anchorage to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. The altitude and the difference in temperature irritate my sinuses so I often have headaches. I make sure I drink a lot of water after I get off the plane. Sometimes I take steam showers to loosen my sinuses. The best thing is my "rice sock". I took a long piece of flannel and folded it over, filled it with rice (not too full) and sewed it shut. I nuke it in the microwave for a minute or 2 then hold it over my face. The heat loosens everything up and the headache usually goes away. I try not to take too much medicine but sometimes it's the only thing that will help.

Have you heard of a neti pot? http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Yoga/neti/Netipot.htm
I have several friends who swear by this to help with their sinuses and allergies. I haven't tried it yet. I'm afraid it would feel like I was drowning.

carole
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh I hear ya when you say about teeth aching, in fact your whole jaw, i find if i am blocked up and use a nasal spray to de-conjest myself then my whole jaw and teeth ache like mad, kinda like neuralgia, NOT pleasant, hope you get better soon and can get rid of those awful sinus problems.