PDA

View Full Version : Love Affair

Edwina's Secretary
04-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Yesterday my stepson was visiting. He parked his cherished vintage Cutlass in the street and was in the garage with his father. A robin fell in love with his car! The robin was jumping up and down -- on the mirror, looking into the mirror, on the ground, back to looking in the mirror.

Whether it was his way of expressing his excitement or a result of his excitement, the bird doo dripped all down the purple polished and waxed finish. That robin just kept bobbin' along. Edwina and I sat in a window and watched him for at least half an hour and he never stopped. He was on that car from at least noon until about 5:00 when my stepson went out and washed the droppings off. He wasn't all the way back inside the gate before the robin was back bobbin' (and pooing) on the car! Fortunately, Derek had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Somewhere in my back yard, there is a robin pining away for his beloved Cutlass (ah Spring!)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2002, 03:57 PM
LOL!!!
That poor robin saw itself in the mirror and fell in love. It thought it found a mate that was not only handsome but owned a WOW of a car. Do birds poo when they get excited? I had a dog that peed when he got excited but that's a different story.:D

lynnestankard
04-07-2002, 05:21 PM
LOL Edwina's Secretary - What a wonderful picture that conjures up :D :D

Poor ol' Robin - missing his reflection love - awwww:)

Lynne

AmberLee
04-07-2002, 05:53 PM
ROTFL!!!

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 06:07 PM
At least the Robin had good taste in classic cars!:D

zippy-kat
04-07-2002, 07:57 PM
LOL

too funny!

anna_66
04-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Ha! That reminds me of when my mom would visit her sister in Ky. She had to put hats over her mirrors or the cardinal would admire itself in the mirror and poo all over her car:D

Kfamr
04-07-2002, 10:22 PM
Hehehe.. funny things animals do..

When i saw "Cutlass" i gasped and was like Nelly has a Cutlass!!!! his is blue though :p ... in the subject is one of St Lunatic's (the group Nelly is in) songs. Hehe.. Obsessed? ...just a bit.

Edwina's Secretary
04-08-2002, 12:05 PM
(Why exactly I have decided this bird is male? Is it the love affair with automobiles??)

Anyway...Sunday dinner is the stepson and my niece who is a college student here. They parked their cars -- one behind the other on the street. My niece's car is burgundy. The lovesick robin is now overwhelmed with choice! He flitted from car to car creating a contest -- Who has the most bird doo on the car???

The purple Cutlass won. At least Mr. Robin returned to his first love!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2002, 12:12 PM
I'm just glad neither car was a convertable with the top down. Ewwww!:eek: