View Full Version : Spring Forward vs. Fall Back

zippy-kat
04-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Just curious...how many prefer Daylight Savings Time?

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2002, 01:16 PM
I just wish they would pick a time and leave it alone. Normal time is fine with me. :D :D

zippy-kat
04-07-2002, 01:19 PM
I agree....but I have to tell ya, I side in favor of that extra hour of sleep! lol

Cougie Wechsler
04-07-2002, 01:26 PM
When it comes around to spring forward, I really hate it since I miss my extra hour of sleep!!!!! However, once we are well into the summer, I do not mind it since it gives us more time outside!:D

Logan
04-07-2002, 01:30 PM
I answered that I like Daylight Saving time........but that would be "I like it tomorrow". I'm incredibly sleepy this afternoon!!! :D

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 02:03 PM
I don't mind either way. I am up til 2-3am and up again at about 8am (Thank You, Louie)Then I sleep until about 10-or 11am......so it doesn't matter....ah, the joys of being boss and working from my own home.;) :D

Former User
04-07-2002, 02:09 PM
I prefer the extra sleep...(Casper is moaning next to me, he agrees with me;)

anna_66
04-07-2002, 02:42 PM
I prefer to have my xtra hour of sleep, I had to work this morning and am soooo tired!

RachelJ
04-07-2002, 03:31 PM
My husband insisted on moving some of the clocks ahead on Saturday morning, so I've kind of been at a loss for what time it really is. It seems like today went really, really fast. Generally I like that it is light out later so I guess it is worth it.

sammi
04-07-2002, 04:53 PM
I really like the extra hour of daylight - it is dark here so early in the winter you feel like its time for bed around 6:pm! And with the time change you feel like being outside later.
When I worked though I missed that extra hour of sleep - just think you'll get it back again.

sammi
04-07-2002, 04:56 PM
For some reason my "p" on 6:pm turns into a smile face?

AmberLee
04-07-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by sammi
For some reason my "p" on 6:pm turns into a smile face?

The code for :p is ": p" without the space so ...

Pam
04-07-2002, 07:40 PM
I like more daylight so missing the hour was worth it to me. For some reason when I come home from work and it is still daylight out I seem to have more energy to accomplish those after-dinner tasks.

Dixieland Dancer
04-07-2002, 08:15 PM
I LOVE the extra daylight in the evening so it is worth it to me. More daylight = more time outside with my dogs! :D :D :D

Fuzzy317
04-07-2002, 09:12 PM
I work at night, so the change between DST and EST only effects if I need sunglass coming to work, or going home. It would be fine with me if they just left it on EST. There are some countries, and even some of the states in the US that do not do DST.

aly
04-07-2002, 11:53 PM
I put I missed my extra hour of sleep because you should have seen me at work this morning!!! Everyone was making fun of me at how out of it I was. Like when I was looking for a can opener to open some wet dog food for a sickie, this girl handed me a key to the clinic to go unlock it and get a can opener from there. I stared at the key in her hand and inched closer for about 20 or 30 seconds before realizing what it was then I asked her how I was supposed to open the cans with a key :eek:

I do like it being daylight longer, but I don't get home until after 9 anyway so I'm driving home in the dark regardless.

sammi
04-08-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I like more daylight so missing the hour was worth it to me. For some reason when I come home from work and it is still daylight out I seem to have more energy to accomplish those after-dinner tasks.

Pam, That is the way I feel - @ 8 or 9 in the evening during the summer I think nothing of being outside doing stuff. In the winter I feel like - it's take a bath and go to bed since it's dark & cold out.:rolleyes:

mruffruff
04-08-2002, 03:01 PM
I just wish they would pick one and stick with it. I like the extra daylight in the summer, but it's a real pain to change back & forth.

I understand that the reason for changing time was so the kids that walk to school would have more daylight. Unfortunately, the kids all ride to school these days. Or at least most of them.

Mary

lizbud
04-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Indy doesn't change times. There have been
attempts made to conform to DST, but it never
gets passed. I would really miss the lost hr.
of sleep.Sometimes even 7-or 8 hrs is not enough.

04-08-2002, 03:43 PM
:mad: It's a real pain every spring !! I really get mixed up by the loss of that one hour ... takes me at least one wek to adjust . This is quite odd , because I usually never suffer from jetlag and sometimes we miss several hours there !!! but that one hour of sleep less , I wish they would not do that anymore .... ! What's also very annoying , is the fact that most country do the change at a different date or even not at all . Confusing !!:confused:

aly
04-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Indy doesn't change times. There have been
attempts made to conform to DST, but it never
gets passed.

Wow, I didn't know that!

Edwina's Secretary
04-08-2002, 03:53 PM
I believe Arizona also does not "change clocks." The part of Indiana closest to Chicago (South Bend, Gary, Hammond) change but not the rest of the state of Indiana. I have lots of relatives in Indiana and half the year we are on the same time and half the year not! It can be very confusing! :confused:

jennifert
04-08-2002, 03:56 PM
I love DST! I need the sunshine! I have to work until 6 pm M - W so it's nice to get out and have the sun still shining! Or, around here, not necessarily shining but NOT dark out. I can at least get the dogs out for a walk before it gets dark! I do miss the sleep but I get over it in a few days!

For some reason my "p" on 6m turns into a smile face?

This is funny!!!!!!!!:p :D

lizbud
04-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Aly,

Yep. Our clocks don't change,and the time of
my postings are really 1 hr ahead of local time.
I've always heard the farmers oppose the time
change.? Liz.

Logan
04-08-2002, 05:12 PM
I am very happy for Daylight Saving Time today!!!!! :D :D :D