PDA

View Full Version : A bad Elmo Joke

king2005
01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I can understand that the parents are horribly upset, I would be too. If it wasn't in the hands of kids, it would be a funny joke, as I like all Elmo jokes.

Elmo goes Potty (http://www.local6.com/news/5784303/detail.html)

Miss Z
01-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Wow, that's kinda strange, and a little disturbing

lizbud
01-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Strange and a very disturbing. Definately not funny.

CagneyDog
01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
That's not that big of a deal. It's innapropriate but it's not like the child is going to now go out and murder someone. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
01-02-2006, 05:38 PM
No, it's not going to cause a child to go out and murder anyone, but who wants elmo sounding like a horror movie character? If one of my kids got that I'd be ballistic.

CagneyDog
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
No, it's not going to cause a child to go out and murder anyone, but who wants elmo sounding like a horror movie character? If one of my kids got that I'd be ballistic.

I still don't see what the huge issue is, chances are the kid didn't even understand what was being said. People can shelter their kids all they want but eventually their going to hear this stuff. :confused:

lizbud
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM

I agree. Anyone who thought that it was no big deal, I sure wouldn't
want around my children.

Lady's Human
01-02-2006, 05:58 PM
A child in the age bracket for an elmo book is most certainly old enough to understand words and ask mom and dad what the word means. It has nothing to do with sheltering children, it has everythin to do with introducing things to children in a controlled and age appropriate manner. "Do you want to die" is not age appropriate for the 2-3 year olds who are getting those elmo books.

Miss Z
01-02-2006, 06:06 PM
I still don't see what the huge issue is, chances are the kid didn't even understand what was being said. People can shelter their kids all they want but eventually their going to hear this stuff. :confused:

I think a kid would understand what dying means. That is FREAKY, kids would have nightmares over that. Yes, kids do hear this stuff, but when they're older and have grown an understanding of life. I used to have terrible nightmares when i was young about things coming from under the bed to get me. But now i know it's silly and i'm more realistic about stuff.

It's not a seriously terrible issue, but it's disturbing all the same.

CagneyDog
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
A child in the age bracket for an elmo book is most certainly old enough to understand words and ask mom and dad what the word means. It has nothing to do with sheltering children, it has everythin to do with introducing things to children in a controlled and age appropriate manner. "Do you want to die" is not age appropriate for the 2-3 year olds who are getting those elmo books.

Yes, but they would not understand the significance. Unless the mom made a huge deal about it, I’m sure they forgot about it five minutes later.

Lady's Human
01-02-2006, 06:27 PM
If and when you have a three year old asking you questions like that you'll understand. Their memories are better than people give them credit for, they repeat everything, and nightmares don't just come from somethings they heard 5 minutes before bedtime.