PDA

View Full Version : Sick, sick, and getting sicker. :(

Kfamr
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I know no one really cares to hear me whine but, ever since I came home from vacation i've been sick on and off. I'd be fine one day then the next i'd feel crappy. Well, now I believe I have tonsilitis. I have all of the symptoms. It is very hard to swallow anything. My dinner last night was instant mashed potatoes.

Stayed home from work today and i'm going to the doctors when they can schedual me in.

I'm so sick of being sick! I've almost tried every cold medicine out there. BLEH! Also, the main reason for this is just incase anyone's noticed me not being around here as much lately. I just haven't had to spirits/energy to do much of anything.

Corinna
01-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Hugs I know how you feel . I had the longest worse case of sick I have ever been. Oct -the 1st week of Dec. Never want it again. Drink losts of green tea. Get well soon

RobiLee
01-02-2006, 09:24 AM
{{{BIG HUGS}}}

I hate to hear you haven't been feeling well, Kay. That isn't any fun at all. Brandon has been going through the same thing. He had a nasty cold and just when he thought he was getting better it hit him again full force.

Hopefully you can get into the doctor and they can help you out some.

{{MORE HUGS}}

Cataholic
01-02-2006, 10:43 AM
WAH! Of course people care!! Sounds to me like you have something more significant than a cold going on, and probably aren't taking as good of care of yourself as you should!! Rest, rest, rest, and drink alot of fluids. Let us know what the doctor says!

gini
01-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Kay Ann, I hope you are feeling better soon. Great idea to go to the Dr. because it does sound like something more significant than a cold.

Not fun at all - being sick!

Cookiebaker
01-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh no! So sorry you are sick, that is no fun at all, especially during the holidays. I hope the Dr. can help you out, and get you on the road to recovery. I hope, too, that S, N, & K take really good care of you!!! ;)

Miss Z
01-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Poor you! It's so annoying being sick, gets you down all the time:rolleyes: i've been having lotsa those little headaches that you get just on your forehead. They're so annoying:rolleyes: I hope you get better soon!!!

Kfamr
01-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah.. The Muttlies have been taking really good care of me. Nala has been following me in every room I go. Although when they bark it's hard to get them to quit because it hurts to talk loud.

The doctors office is closed today. (What people don't get sick on January 2nd? :mad: ) Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow. I'm really sick of missing work, too. But if I went i'd probably end up being sent home anyways.

It took me atleast a half hour to eat a bowl of soup this morning. It was cold by the time I was finished. I'm forcing myself to drink and drink and drink although it hurts so badly to swallow even water.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

luvofallhorses
01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I hope you feel better soon!!

Karen
01-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Hopefully it is something easily treated! So many things (mono, strep, swollen glands because of an infection, etc. etc.) can cause a sore throat and difficulty swallowing, I hope it is something other than "just a cold," where they just say "lots of fluids and rest ...."

Bundle up on the couch and I'd recommend just calling the doc the minute they open tomorrow and begging to be seen right away - they usually leave some time in the schedule for "emergencies." If they say they can't see you, ask for a referral to someone who can.

Pam
01-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Hopefully it is something easily treated! So many things (mono,

Karen, that is exactly what I was going to say. I had mono when I was a little older than Kay and I will never forget the sore throat that went along with it. It took me about a month to start feeling better. Kay you are doing exactly the right thing - drinking liquids and taking it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

gemini9961
01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Kay I do hope you start to feel better and mention Mono to the MD when you can get in because they might not automatically run a test for it.

Ginger's Mom
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy. As everyone has said, lots of fluids and lots of rest are the answer until you can get to a doctor. I hope they can fit you in tomorrow morning.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't have anything near as serious as yours sounds, but I have been getting colds on and off since September. :( I hate being sick. :(

Flatcoatluver
01-02-2006, 02:28 PM
I hope you feel better (((HUGS))) we all care about you and of corse we noticed you arn't around much!!! I know how you feel I think I am having the same thing..... good luck at the dr. office and I hope you feel better soon!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I think I know how you feel, Kay. My throght hurts, and my neck is just killing me right now. (i know that your neck doesn't hurt, though...)
Sound like the muttlies are taking good care of you, and giving you extra love! :) Get well soon, Kay!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Kay, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. :( Hopefully the doctor will able to see you tomorrow and help you. You may need to go on antibiotics. Please take care and get well soon.

chocolatepuppy
01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, now I believe I have tonsilitis.

Kay I had tonsilitis a few years ago. It was very painful and I really thought my throat would swell shut!...I hope, whatever you have , that you get better soon. :)

slleipnir
01-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Is it possible it's allergies? I've been sick a lot more than usual too, really sore throats and stuff nose. I've been wondering if it's allergies. I sneeze all the time too..Well, I doubt that's it..but anyway, I hope it's nothign serious and that they can fix you up quickly

Daisy and Delilah
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear you're sick Kay. Alot of people I know are sick too. It sounds like you may have something more than the average cold, as others have said. I hope you get it checked out tomorrow and you'll feel better soon :)

Karen
01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Is it possible it's allergies? I've been sick a lot more than usual too, really sore throats and stuff nose. I've been wondering if it's allergies. I sneeze all the time too..Well, I doubt that's it..but anyway, I hope it's nothign serious and that they can fix you up quickly

Oooh - this I can help! How to tell whether your runny nopse is a cold or allergies! Blow your nose. Look in the tissue - if the stuff that came out is clear, it's allergies. If it is cloudy, or yellow, or both, it's a cold or infection of some kind!

This was told to me by the sniffly older man who was my first allergy doctor. He was great, but did retire. Sigh.

Kfamr
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
If it is cloudy, or yellow, or both, it's a cold or infection of some kind!

That's me! :(

I've only ate a half can of soup and a little bit of mashed potatoes. I'm watching a movie right now and i'm wanting so badly to munch on something. :( It's getting even harder to swallow/talk. I HOPE they are open tomorrow!! It's even harder to drink something. :(

Gah.

Logan
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I hope you will be feeling better soon, Kay. Sore throats are the WORST!!!!!

Kfamr
01-03-2006, 10:41 AM
-sigh- The doctor can't get me in until tomorrow night.

Now i'm coughing and sneezing along with not being able to swallow anything.
Gah, I'm going to die.

My Peanuts
01-03-2006, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Kfamr]
I'm so sick of being sick! QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I've been sick on and off for like 2 months. Everytime I get better I pick something else up. I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest!

k9krazee
01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
:( Hope you get better soon, its no fun being sick :(

BTW...I love your new siggy!! :D

anna_66
01-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm sure the next 24 hours are going to feel like forever:( It really sucks being sick,but being sick and not being able to get into the drs because of the holidays are even worse). We were just talking about the drs being close...too bad if your sick, they're on holiday:o
Honestly if you feel any worse I'd suggest going to the er. They could at least get you started on something to hopefully get you feeling better or let you know if you do have tonsilitis.

Big {{{HUGS}}} to you. Feel better soon.

Karen
01-03-2006, 04:36 PM
-sigh- The doctor can't get me in until tomorrow night.

Now i'm coughing and sneezing along with not being able to swallow anything.
Gah, I'm going to die.

Keep drinking lkittle teeny sips as much as you can - you don't need to risk dehydration on top of everything else.

Still sending you hugs and comforting thoughts.

RobiLee
01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Just thinking about you.

{{{MORE HUGS}}}

Kfamr
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys.

Is this normal?? My left tonsil feels fine but, my right one hurts like crap and feels VERY swollen still.

I can't wait to go to the doctors. I HATE the doctors but I want to get this over with and out of the way. I HOPE I don't have to get them removed because i've heard that may lead to becoming allergic to things you've never been before (Including dogs! :eek: )

Anywho, just blabbing again. I managed to eat a pickle, a HUGE slush from sonic, and about 3 cheese nips. :eek: Going to attempt Jello in a few.

Karen
01-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I've never heard that about getting one's tonsils removed. I still have mine, intact, never had a problem with them, yet have developed new allergies (all food allergies, to wierd stuff like carrots and celery and beef), wheras my sister had hers taken out when she was 26, and her allergies have not changed.

caseysmom
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry your feeling so bad Kay, try some choloroseptic spray...it will numb your throat.

Kfamr
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry your feeling so bad Kay, try some choloroseptic spray...it will numb your throat.

I already tried like half a bottle. :p Works for a bit, but that's why I used almost half a bottle already.

I just gargled some salt water and it really cleared me up. Off to eat some yummy jello, hopefully! :D

CagneyDog
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Aw, I'm sorry that your feeling so crappy. :(

{{{hugs}}}

trayi52
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling so yukky. Hope to hear you are feeling better soon. Glad to hear the salt water helped a little. Hubby always makes me gargle in warm salt water. Get well soon!

Willie

wolf_Q
01-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Hope you get feeling better soon, Kay!

As a sidenote, my tonsils were removed when I was younger...I'm not really allergic to much and that didn't change, I'm certainly not allergic to dogs. ;)

cloverfdx
01-04-2006, 06:18 AM
I hope you feel better soon Kay {{Hugs}}. Good healing vibes are on the way for you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy, Kay.

Have you tried just plain old aspirin? Not only will it help with the pain, but it helps keep swelling down too. I was also going to suggest the salt water gargle, but I see you've done that already. :)

I'm glad you're getting it checked out though, because it could be strep throat which is no fun (as you can tell) and can be cured with antibiotics.

lizbud
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling any better. If it is strep
throat that would explain a lot of your problems. I hope that Dr. can
get this cleared up quickly. It is no fun feeling so lousy. :(

My Peanuts
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I already tried like half a bottle. :p Works for a bit, but that's why I used almost half a bottle already.

I just gargled some salt water and it really cleared me up. Off to eat some yummy jello, hopefully! :D

Be careful with the throat spray, Kay. I know I sound like a mom (which I am not!), but its still medicine. Use it, but don't over use it. I'm not sure if it's true but my mom always told me that if you overuse the throat spray it will dry out your throat and make it worse. Salt water works for me too.

BTW, I've had one tonsil hurt and not the other one. Actually when I'm sick it's usually on one side and not both. Maybe you have a canker sore on one tonsil.

Kfamr
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
The doctor appointment was at 7:40. He said that they aren't swollen (It sure feels like it!) but, they have little white bumps on them. I forget what he called them, something with Tonsil in it. My throat & nose are really raw. He said my tonsils are REALLY covered in mucous.

I also have a little bit of a fever (No wonder I was FREEZING all day - usually I love when it's cold.) He said to keep resting for a few more days so i'm thinking i'll be back to work Monday. :( It really upsets me to take days off work unless i'm leaving. Ack.

Anyways, he prescribed 2 different types of meds and gave me samples to kick start them tonight (our pharmacy isn't open until tomorrow morning.)

On the way home I got a plain grilled chicken sandwhich from my work & i'm still working on eating it. It's been almost an hour and a half. It's the only solid food i've had since Saturday, it's cold now but boy does it taste good! All I ate today was a bowl of jello. I couldn't stand to eat anything else.

He said by tomorrow I should be able to eat normally! :D I told my mom I want a 6 course meal. :p

Karen
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Glad you got to see the doc, and that he gave you meds and good news (more important). It is good that you are eating real food, too! Must be grand!

Daisy and Delilah
01-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Feel better Kay! :D (((((HUGS)))))

smokey the elder
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I hope you feel better. I used to get tonsillitis all the time when I was a kid, then I had them out and never had throat trouble again.

anna_66
01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Well I hope your feeling much better today and are able to eat that 6 course meal:D