PDA

View Full Version : I found a dog

wolfsoul
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
I heard a crashing sound earlier today coming from my yard and I couldn't figure out what it was. Turns out it must have been a dog jumping my fence. Visa is in heat and I guess he smelled her.

He's an intact chow mix -- he's super cute. I would keep him in my house but unfortunatly I am going out this evening and I have to watch him constantly -- he's already tried marking in my house. I can tell he's an outside dog anyways, so I'm going to keep him outside for now. I can keep him in the bathroom overnight. I am too worried about having him in there while I'm gone. Both he and Visa are making the "rounds." They are both in the mood, if you know what I mean. I'd be worried that one of them might try to break through the door to get to the other or something. I never really thought about how difficult it must be for breeders to keep their intact dogs apart.

He's wearing a choke chain, and the only license says "Westbank First Nations" and a license number -- this just means that he is owned by natives. I'm going to call the First Nations department tomorrow and see if the number means anything. Perhaps I can locate his owners. I don't want to give them a lecture or anything, but they should really have him neutered. Good thing I watch Visa closely while she's in the yard.

Anyways, wish hinm luck. He's a sweetie pie.

Toby's my baby
01-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Good luck sweetie pye!! I hope nice Jordan can find your parents, and convince them to get you fixed! You sure found a good place to stay while you are missing! ;)

Alysser
01-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd probably beg to keep him. But that's would be stupid if you know he has an owner. Good Luck with him!

K9soul
01-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Best wishes to the sweetie, and good thing for him he ended up in the hands of someone who would help him. Good job Jordan :). And I agree, good thing you were watching Visa closely! :eek:

wolfsoul
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Turns out he's one major escape artist -- he broke his chain and jumped the fence again. He's long gone now, but if he's somehow lost his way perhaps he will show up on my doorstep tomorrow.

Alysser
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh no! That can't be good! Hope you find him.

Ginger's Mom
01-02-2006, 06:14 AM
That is a shame. But at least he had a safe warm place to stay for a while. It was great of you to try to help him, especially since you have to worry about Visa being in heat.
Best of luck to you big guy.

pitc9
01-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Boys sure are crazy and will do anything to get "it" won't they?!?!
I once found an intact male black lab and had to leave for a few hours, so I put him in our dog pen inside our fenced in yard. When we came back home a few hours later he was gone! Broke out of the dog pen (Which doesn't get used anyway... :p ) and jumped the fence!!
He came back two weeks later and had been neutered, he still had his stiches!!
I hope the chow boy finds his way back home, then to the vet!! :p ;)