PDA

View Full Version : The 4 step method of proper basket napping (Buddy pics)

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Here is the new 4 step method of proper basket napping...as demonstrated by Buddy:

Step 1 : first, make sure basket is un-occupied , then gently climb on in :

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/1-1-06buddygoinginbasket.jpg

Step 2: Proceed to knead the wool lining until it meets proper softness and comfort levels :

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/1-1-06budynesting.jpg

Step 3: find a comfortable spot, close eyes and enjoy the warm sunshine on your fur:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/1-1-06budyybasket.jpg

Step 4: nap like this as long as you desire to do so:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/1-1-06buddyinbasketbright.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!!

Miss Z
01-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Yes, you've got it right there Buddy, except you forgot to mention that you have to open one eye an glare at someone who tries to disturb you, or even growl under your breath if they are persistant. Or is Zsa-Zsa just evil sometimes??? LOL, love the pics:D

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Buddy sure has the 4 steps down. He looks so comfy and relaxed. :)

AmberLee
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
???? :confused: ????

Cassy, my exuberent (to put it mildly!) tabby boy, counters that it is MUCH more fun and challenging to wait until the basket is occupied with a sleeping sisfur -- then RACE across the floor squealing "Cannonball" in cat-ese and flinging your body atop said sisfur. An enjoyable romp ensues, she stalks off in a huff, and you get a warmed up spot to nap.

This gingerly stepping into an empty basket has him very confused. Please elaborate...

catmandu
01-01-2006, 06:10 PM
tHATS AS COMPLETE A TUTORIAL ON BASKET SLEEPING AS I HAVE EVER SEEN,AND SHOULD BE A PRE REQUISITE IN CAT 101.
I WILL SHOW THIS TO MIQUELITO AND POUNCIERGE,SO THEY WILL LEARN THE PRPOER WAY,FROM THIER MEEZER MENTOR.

kuhio98
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I will definitely show this to Pepper. Her routine starts with:

Step 1 : Climb into the basket. Pay no attention to whether it is occupied already. You can outlast them, so just make yourself comfortable and the previous occupant will leave! :p

furrykidsmother
01-02-2006, 10:09 AM
How sweet! He sure does seem to have that perfected. Mine are a bit more like kuhio98's.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Great tutorial, for CALM cats :rolleyes: ;) . Maya does it that way :)

But Inka??? She only wants occupied beds, then jumps ON TOP of the user, waits till the other one chooses to leave instead of being suffocated; then she turns around few times like a doggie, and then plays the napping tortellini :)

rg_girlca
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
???? :confused: ????

Cassy, my exuberent (to put it mildly!) tabby boy, counters that it is MUCH more fun and challenging to wait until the basket is occupied with a sleeping sisfur -- then RACE across the floor squealing "Cannonball" in cat-ese and flinging your body atop said sisfur. An enjoyable romp ensues, she stalks off in a huff, and you get a warmed up spot to nap.

This gingerly stepping into an empty basket has him very confused. Please elaborate...

Amberlee, this was just too funny. I can just picture it in my mind. :D

Buddy, I think you have cat-napping down to a tee.
My favorite step is #3 as you are so darn adorable I would just have to disturb you a little to give you some kisses and petties.
Thanks for the tutorial on the proper way to cat napping in a basket. :)
Mine definitely need lessons.

Felix
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Now that how it done!Wish I could follow those 4 steps and be as comfortable as he looks :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
01-03-2006, 12:53 PM
What a precious serious of pics! Makes me want to climb in the basket too! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Poor Cassy, so misunderstood.......

:D :D

Buddy, just so you know, your technique would work beautifully in my house since it doesn't appear that anybody wants to snuggle with anybody else at anytime! :rolleyes: