PDA

View Full Version : Diamond is at the emg. vets.

Jadapit
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I took the fur kids up to the park. They love to go into the baseball field and run around. I noticed Diamond wasnt running around very much. I saw her fur blowing in the wind. That didnt seem right so I looked closer. She had gone under the fence when she came out of the baseball field. She must have caught herself on the fence. She totally skinned herself down to the hide. I freaked out, started crying. I got them all home. Hubby got on the phone until he found an emg. vet. They are at the vets right now. Would you all please keep my sweet Diamond in your thoughts? She is going to need a lot of stiches. :(

I feel like a horrible mom. I shouldnt have let her gone under the fence. :(

gemini9961
01-01-2006, 05:10 PM
:eek: Be well Diamond, we can't be having our pretty girl not feeling well. All will go well. You are not a horrible mom, like skin kids, dogs get into things, she'll be fine and how could you call yourself horrible, she is in the hands of a vet now, getting fixed up good as new. :)

I_luv_rusty
01-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Omg! :( Diamond I hope you feel better soon! You will be in my thoughs. You are not a horrible mom, it was just a accident that happened. Keep us updated! :p

Ginger's Mom
01-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Oh No, Donna, I am so sorry. First of all {{{Big Hugs}}} to you. You are not a bad Mom. The girls play at the baseball field often, how were you to know she was going to get hurt on the fence. I would notify the township that the fence needs to be fixed before someone else gets hurt. And second, you can be sure that I am sending out good thoughts and prayers for our beautiful Diamond girl. Hopefully it just looked a lot worse than it really was. How scary for you. {{{Hugs}}}

RobiLee
01-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh no! Be well Diamond! I will be keeping her in my thoughts. Let us know how she is as soon as you get a chance. I know you are upset at yourself but please don't ever think you are a bad mommy. We all know that is not true.

{{BIG HUGS}}

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Aw, poor Diamond, pawsitive thoughts coming your way. You're not a bad mom, if you had thought she'd get hurt you wouldn't have let her do it. She's going to be ok.

Alysser
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
:( :eek: OH NO! DIAMOND! I really hope you get better soon. I MEAN REALLY. You are NOT a horrible mom. Accidents happen. They're NOT anyones fault.

Toby's my baby
01-01-2006, 05:34 PM
O poor poor diamond!! I hope you are better soon!! And you are NOT a bad mommy! You are a wonderful mom!

luvofallhorses
01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh no! :( Poor Diamond. Donna, you are sooo not a bad mom. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. many hugs to you!!! Please keep us updated.

Daisy and Delilah
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Awwww! Poor Diamond! Our thoughts and prayers are coming to you sweetie. Donna, we can understand why you're so worried about her but you're far from being a bad Mom. Accidents happen.
(((((HUGS TO YOU BOTH)))))

Roxyluvsme13
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Poor Diamond! Hope you have a speedy recovery. :( You're NOT a bad mommy! (((HUGS)))

finn's mom
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
You're not a horrible mom, accidents happen...some things can't be avoided. I'm sure she's not having the most fun right now, but, she'll be fine. I'll have her in my thoughts...

Glacier
01-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I hope Diamond will be home and all healed up quickly. This was just a freak accident--not your fault at all. If there's a way to get into something, a dog will find it!

K9soul
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I know how you're feeling Donna. I had an incident last year with Tash where I felt like a horrible horrible mom. Fortunately my girl wasn't really hurt, but I felt so awful. Please know though that you are the farthest thing from a bad Mommy. As others have said, accidents happen. Diamond will be in my prayers. Hugs to you.

elizabethann
01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
You're NOT a horrible Mom. I will send good thoughts Diamond's way. Keep us posted.

Cincy'sMom
01-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Poor Diamond!! I hope she heals quickly!

Cincy has come up with my scrapes and tears and cuts in her skin then I can count! If there is somethingto get hurt on,she finds it!! Thepoor things has had herleg stiched up at least three times, and every time I feel like a horrile mommy :(

Flatcoatluver
01-01-2006, 07:45 PM
omg :eek: my thoughts and prayer are on the way!!!

petslover
01-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh no.. Diamond please get better sweetie. You are a great mom to your furbabies. Accidents happen so please don't blame yourself.

Diamond will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Poor Diamond! I really hope she'll be feeling better soon. And like others said, accidents happen and it doesn't make you a bad dog mom at all! I wish Diamond a speedy recovery!

Jadapit
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Thank you all so much!! She has to spend the night at the vets. We can pick her up in the morning. I will give you an update on her then. You all made me feel better thank you.

pnance
01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Get well soon sweetie. Like the others said accidents happen and there's not a thing you can do about it as much as we'd all like to. You got her the care she needed as soon as you realized it, definately not the sign of a bad mom.

Alysser
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
:D AW! Thank Goodness she's okay

I_luv_rusty
01-01-2006, 09:37 PM
That great news! That she okk. I know how you feel! The vet told us, that rusty wasn't even going to make it till Halloween :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
01-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Sending lots of prayers for Diamond, poor baby. Hope she feels better quickly.
If only our fluffys would ASK us if what they're about to do is ok, we could warn them! Since they don't , occasionally something not so good happens. It doesn't mean you are a bad mom. ;)

caseysmom
01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
I am glad Diamond is doing okay, sorry she has to spend the night at the vet.

K9karen
01-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Heal quickly, sweet Diamond! You are NOT a horrible mom. It was an unfortunate accident. Afterall, it's our beloved pets' job to make us frantic and worry us to death! Please give Diamond gentle hugs and kisses from me.

cloverfdx
01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh Donna i am sorry :(, poor Diamond. You are not a bad Mama accident do happen unfortunatly. Good speedy recovery vibes on the way for Diamond {{Hugs to you both}}.

sandragonfly
01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
oh no not diamond! aw donna, I understand you feel like a horrible mother but from seeing your three precious sweethearts, you have a diamond heart! absolutely. :)

I'm glad she's going to be home with you and her sisters soon today! ((((:D))))

DogLover9501
01-02-2006, 12:23 AM
:eek: How scary :( Donna, you are not a horrible mom, and all of your girls would agree with me on that! Pups get into everything. Diamond will be fine. {{{Hugs}}}

wolf_Q
01-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Aw Diamond, please get feeling better soon! That sounds so painful! Donna you are in no way a bad doggy mom, it was just an unfortunate accident. Diamond sweetie, you've gotta ask mom before you do stuff like that!

dukedogsmom
01-02-2006, 01:50 AM
I sure hope she'll be alright! That does, indeed sound very painful. My horse skinned half his leg 2 summers ago somehow. Don't worry too much. You're not a bad mom. It was an accident. I'm just glad you'll be able to bring her home soon. Give her some hugs from us here at PT.

anna_66
01-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Goodness you had my heart racing when I read this Donna. I'm so glad to hear it was nothing too major and Diamond is going to be alright. Big Hugs to her and you...you know your one of the bestest doggie moms around:D

Kfamr
01-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh gosh Donna, I know how you feel. We always get that guilt inside of us if something terrible happens to our babies, but is it ever really our fault? NO! What a smart mommy you are to act accordingly. She'll be better in no time!

What a scary situation. *HUGS* to you and the girls....

RobiLee
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking about Diamond. {{HUGS}}

pitc9
01-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Ouch! :eek:
Oh I hope she's feeling better soon!
Don't be hard on yourself, things just happen!
You're a GREAT mom! :D

fritz03
01-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear about Diamond.I am sure she will be fine.We send good thoughts and prayers your way.I am sure you are good to your dogs and things like this happen when you don't want them to,but it turns out well in the end.

Ginger's Mom
01-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Just checking in to see how Diamond is doing today. More hugs coming to you and the girls.

I_luv_rusty
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Did diamond come home yet??!! I have been waiting through my hard day of school, to find that out! :D

Jadapit
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
My poor sweet Diamond is home. She is sore and tired. I have to keep her quiet for two weeks. No walking, playing or jumping. She has tubes in her that are draining. She gets the tubes out Thrusday morning. The stiches come out the 16th. Our regular vet was out of town. Thank God there was another vet on call in this little town. Its going to be hard on her staying quiet for two weeks. Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. They mean more than you will ever know. Here are a couple of pictures of her. She looks so sad in the last one. :( Oh, she also has to take amoxicillin pills.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2551/picture28483md.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4862/picture28491gb.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4556/picture28518ms.jpg

finn's mom
01-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh, Donna, she looks so sleepy. poor pretty gem of a dog. :( I remember when my dog, Bruno, had those tubes and stitches like that, pretty much in the same place, too. It's hard to see that, but, they are resilient animals. She'll be back to normal in no time at all, and, you'll be amazed once again at how strong she really is. We love you, Diamond and am so glad to see you home! I've been waiting for an update, now I can get off the computer! Thanks for updating, Donna...keep your spirits up, she'll feed off that energy. :)

gemini9961
01-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Whew Donna she sure did a number on herself but look at her, home now with her family and doing well. Diamond you sure gave us a scare and we are glad you're home and recovering.

I_luv_rusty
01-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Glad Diamond is at home, and Ok. She looks so sad, and helpless in the last picture. Poor baby! Get well soon Diamond! :D

Flatcoatluver
01-02-2006, 02:25 PM
oh thanks god, she is alright!!! my family and I were praying for her all night and day, I am glad I have some good news to share.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
OMGOSH!! That's such a HORRIBLE accident. :( :( :(
Donna, it's not even a tiny bit of your fault. Not at all. I'm sooo happy that you were ablt to find an emergency vet-- thank the lord for that. ;) I'm sure she'll be her normal happy self in no time!
{{{{{HUGS, to you and miss Diamond}}}}}

BC_MoM
01-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Aw... poor baby.... I hope you feel better soon Diamond. :( Mickey and Molly send you slobbery kisses.

Alysser
01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm so relieved to hear she's doing fine! It's normal for a dog to be tired and sore after a bad cut like that. AT LEAST SHE'S OKAY! She looks great! Diamond, sorry you have to stay inside all that time. But you'll be fine and you can soon go on walks! See, your not a bad mom. Sure, you let her go under the fence, but you could never have known that would happen. Also, you got her to a vet as quickly as possible. This just proves your a GREAT mom.

DogLover9501
01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Diamond is home. She looks so tired :( Hopefully she'll be back to her normal self soon!

luvofallhorses
01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Aww, the poor sweetie. :( Diamond please keep quiet for 2 weeks, it will seem a long ways away, but just rest and relax and you'll be better again! :)
hugs to you and your mommy!

Karen
01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Awww, poor girl - we're sending lots of comforting snuggles your way. Now, Diamond, mom MEANS it when she says no being rowdy for two whole weeks, okay?

cyber-sibes
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
ouch! That looks really nasty, no wonder she had to stay at the vets all night! Glad to hear she's home where she'll get all the pampering she deserves. more prayers going out for a quick recovery!

sammy101
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
poor girl. that looks painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery:)

chocolatepuppy
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Diamond, thoughts and prayers headed your way to heal quickly. It will be hard to take it easy for a few weeks but you can do it. :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Awwwww!! Poor Diamond. You look pretty tired sweetheart. Get plenty of rest and get well soon. Have Mom give you some big kisses for us :)

captain
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Thank goodess she is OK.....

{{{hugs}}} to you - YOU are not a horrible mother ..... :)
*soft kiss* on Diamonds nose ...... take care sweetheart

RobiLee
01-03-2006, 05:55 AM
OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!! Oh Diamond, sweetie, that even makes me hurt just to look at it. :(

Diamond, you make sure you be a good girl and listen to your mommy. We have to make sure you heal up real good. Gentle hugs and kisses are coming your way, sweetheart.

{{HUGS FOR YOU, DONNA}}

cloverfdx
01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Ouch that looks sore Donna, good vibes and thoughts are still on the way for Diamond. Get well soon sweety.

ramanth
01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Owie! I hope Diamond heals up soon. Don't feel bad. T'wasn't your fault.

pitc9
01-03-2006, 09:06 AM
OUCH!!!
Glad to hear she's home with you now!
{hugs} to you all!

Ginger's Mom
01-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh Diamond, Ginger and I are sending lots of good wishes and healing vibes. I hope you feel better soon, sweetie. But even when you do feel better, you have to listen to Mom and take it easy, okay? Donna, please give her a gentle kiss on that beautiful nose for me.

JenBKR
01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh no! Poor sweet Diamond...that looks pretty painful. She looks like she's still smiling though. You are NOT a bad mommy for this, you can never completely protect them from everything! You are one of the best doggy moms on here, so never think that of yourself. Keep us updated!

lv4dogs
01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh no, poor sweet Diamond girl. I am so sorry you had such an experience but you are not a bad mommy. Accidents happen.

Sending prayers for a safe & speedy recovery. hugs

sandragonfly
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
I thank god for the vet too!

oh dear diamond, you didn't needed that injury :( but now you're getting more attention, treats and love! ;) ((((hugs to everybunny, a gentle one to sweet diamond))))

k9krazee
01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
:eek: ((((((HUGS)))))) to you and sweet Diamond!!! What a scary thing that must of been! :(

Vette
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh my word! poor girl. :eek:

dab_20
01-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Poor Diamond!! I am glad she's home with you now... those look like pretty nasty cuts.

In NO way are you a bad mom. Accidents like this can happen to the best of us. You are a very responsible and loving doggy mom.

anna_66
01-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Dang, she really did get messed up:(
I know it's going to be hard on her not being able to run around but I hope after the 2 weeks she's feeling like her old self again.

Hugs

Bigyummydog
01-06-2006, 03:08 AM
OH!!! GEEZZ!!! Donna, how is everything going? I DIAMOND ok?
Are you ok? Don't worry that it is your fault, it's not. PLEASE!!!! Dogs just do
their own thing. I'm scared to death everytime MAXIMUS gives me that look and then starts chomping on something. It just totally freaks me out. He knows he is not to eat anthing. He gets so much at
home and in the car.
And He knows not to. But, then he does and it just P$$$$$ me off. When I scream at him, and
start to chase him. But, he always gives me the "look", before he actually
starts chewing and then swallows it before I can dig it out of his throat. He runs because he knows I will stick my hand down his throat to get what ever he starts to chew. HE KNOWS ! ! !
He really knows, and shows me, and runs........then he eats it. He has also
tried to get under the "ball" fence. He does really well with borderers. I
just have to "scream" , NO.......and he won't. But, still, he does what does
what he can get away with............AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
You can't see everything. You can try really hard. Nonetheless,
they are just as
bad(or worse) than babies. It doesn't make you a bad MOM. You have three!!!!
You can't see them all at once. I can hardly keep up with just MAXIMUS.
DIAMOND will be ok.

Sorry I didn't see this before. Just don't blame yourself!!!

Keep us updated......Sloppy kisses and furry hugs(and mine with no fur) to DIAMOND!!!!
And even more kisses and hugs to you Donna. She will be fine. Especially
with the extra special Mommy to take care of her. Hope things went
well today. PM me!! I just don't know what else to offer. Let me know.

Barbra :p