PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help.

mary293077
01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I know this is a long shot but here goes. I have six wonderful cats that I truly love. I need to find homes for them or at least some of them. Or even a foster situation if anyone can help. They are all spayed or neutered and up to date on all their shots. They have been HIV/fe-luk tested and are all negative. There is a pair of 1 year olds a boy his name is Bunny (I call him that because he is a funny bunny) (black and white spotted like a cow) and a girl Pia (tuxedo). Then there is Jamie a 3 year old long haired female (all black) she is a real beauty. Next a pair of 4 year olds Jack and Jill (black) and last but not least Joey, he is a six year old prince (gray and white tuxedo and a little chubby ). Believe me this is no joke as I am writing this the tears are blurring my vision. I have a situation if you want to email me at mary293077@aol can explain but a bulliten board is not the place for this. I live on LI Nassau county.. Thanks for listening..MaryAnn

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2006, 04:45 PM
This must be breaking your heart. :( Unfortunately I can't help you because I have 5 cats of my own but I will send you some prayers and positive thoughts your way. I sure hope that they'll all be able to find wonderful loving homes. Have you contacted any no kill shelters or rescue groups yet? Maybe some one can foster them until their new homes are found. Good luck. :)

Cataholic
01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Maryann,
I am thinking LI means Long Island? Where are you located? More importantly, DO explain your situation here. Maybe things aren't as dire as you seem to think, and we together can come up with something that could work. Don't give up hope.

Johanna

mary293077
01-05-2006, 07:09 PM
I really need to find homes for 2 or three of my babies.. I have six.. My husband is screaming all the time about the number of cats. He is making life unbearable for me..

kb2yjx
01-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Mary, this is really a tough time for you and your cats. Is your husband yelling only about the cats?? Have you considered contacting the North Shore Animal League on Long Island?? They were featured on Animal Planet last evening. I was impressed with all the work they do to insure that the cat/dog gets the right home. Knowing that, would be less stressful for you. Please keep in touch with the group here, they are extremely supportive and have lots of good ideas and all together problems get solved!!

TopCat3
01-06-2006, 05:25 AM
I really need to find homes for 2 or three of my babies.. I have six.. My husband is screaming all the time about the number of cats. He is making life unbearable for me..

Mary, who is it that is making YOUR life unbearable - your cats or the guy?
Think about it. Who is giving you unconditional love?

Catty1
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
TopCat, I agree to some extent. Might be time for human counselling, or some such.

I know this lady loves her cats as much as anyone. But none of us are under that roof...if the litter boxes are clean and the cats healthy, that is great, and I am sure that is the case.

Maybe hubby could help call around too, IF he is determined they should have a good home.

But yes, I wonder if he would just find something else to scream about.

Hard to say what the real problem is here. Did they both agree on two cats to begin with, and that promise got badly bent?

Good luck, Mary. I can't take another kitty right now - but you might want to call the Humane Society where you are for advice, or an animal rights group. And/or a counselling hotline.

Sorry to be a bit OT

Catty1

mary293077
01-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Yes the litter boxes are clean the cats are healthy and very well cared for. The husband IS the problem and this is beyond the councelling stage. I am making some steps to reslove my situation but in the mean time I do have to place some of my babies in good homes. Northshore is full of cats from other areas and are not quick to take in adult cats.

Catty1
01-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi, Mary - I do apologize for maybe getting a little too personal in my earlier emails, but I was concerned for all the living things in your house, certainly including you!

Have you thought of engaging a local radio station to find fostering situations?(Temporary). Or even posting on local bulletin boards.

I live nowhere near you, so don't know how to help!

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

hugs
Catty1

Catty1
01-07-2006, 09:22 AM
...if there was a way to have your husband legally removed and change the locks and you and the cats stay there. If you have legal/medical grounds...

I am kidding about kicking him out. I think.

I have posted to a friend who will be getting some cats - but I don't know what part of the USA she is in.

hugs
Catty1

Cataholic
01-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I can only share with you my story. ONE time, I rehomed a cat largely in part due to some guy's complaining. It was a decision I have regretted for the last 17 years.

TopCat3
01-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Mary, how are you? How are things going? Been thinking about you off and on and wishing you well.
TopCat

kb2yjx
01-15-2006, 09:27 AM
TopCat, you beat me to it!! I was going to write the same thoughts to Mary!! Hope all is OK.....and hope to hear from you soon....

mary293077
01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I was in fact able to place the two little guys. They are together with a lovely couple who recently lost their beloved kitty. I do miss them terribly but I know they are in a loving home. As for my other four babies they will stay with me and if the big mouth does not like it then he can hit the road. Again thank you all for your caring thoughts and wishes. MaryAnn

kb2yjx
01-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Mary!! We have been so worried about you!!! But I see you have been very busy finding a good home for the kitties!!! Now, promise that you will take good care of yourself(and the remaining cats, too), and that you will keep in touch....I am glad that it was a good outcome. I hope that the homefront calms down and you and the cats will be OK...

TopCat3
01-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I was in fact able to place the two little guys. They are together with a lovely couple who recently lost their beloved kitty. I do miss them terribly but I know they are in a loving home. As for my other four babies they will stay with me and if the big mouth does not like it then he can hit the road. Again thank you all for your caring thoughts and wishes. MaryAnn

AttaGirl!!!! ;) :p

And what kb2yjx said - ditto.